ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

InChiefsHeaven 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273141)
No, it isn't.

He had an average game against a bad defense.

You people really need to have higher standards.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

**** you. That is all. Maybe it's the Rum talking but...

...**** YOU.

-King- 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Beginning of the season I hated him. I think its time that I eat crow now.

http://westofthefive.files.wordpress...5/eat-crow.jpg Bon Appetit

SAUTO 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Really showed some fire out there today. Pissed when player ****ed up, excited about good plays , and fought through the pain.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7273152)
I'm here to eat my crow, but he can still improve. I now think that winning a playoff game with Matt as our QB is possible.

It would be nice to seem him with a group of good WR's and a little better line.

Bane 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

I fully recognize Matt Cassel as my starting QB and I apologize for giving him so much shit before.Good job Matt Cassel.

Edit. He also has showed that he is one tough SOB.

Rain Man 12-19-2010 03:50 PM

Cassel visibly turned a corner a few weeks ago. It's amazing how fast he transformed.

keg in kc 12-19-2010 03:50 PM

I'm still not convinced he's the answer, but he's done more this year than I expected. We appear to at least have a game manager in him, if nothing else.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7273156)
He has to win in the playoffs. Bottom line.

Just Shut up....Jesus....Quit while your ahead....Eat your crow and quietly move on...

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7273157)
Nope. Not gonna believe until he bounces one off the jumbotron for a TD completion.

ROFLROFLROFL

LaChapelle 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

There is no Cassel blowing when it's Tits week

milkman 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

This is my response to this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273005)
I know some people won't recognize it, and I have been, up until his last couple of games, one of his harshest critics, but I think we saw today that this is Cassel's team.

They responded to the heart he showed today.

RedThat 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273176)
I'm still not convinced he's the answer, but he's done more this year than I expected. We appear to at least have a game manager in him, if nothing else.

23 TD's, 5 picks. A 90 someodd qb rating. Leading your team to victory after coming back from appendix surgery, what will it take for you?

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273102)
The kid deserves some respect.

After todays game Im starting to believe in the guy as our quarterback. He just displayed a true testament of toughness out there and leadership.

To some people I understand its about him leading us to the playoffs and winning the superbowl in order for them to be satisfied...yada yada yada

Im not going to go by that mindset at all. I look at this game and I see the way he played and it tells me a lot about his character. We should be proud. We got a pretty good quarterback folks. That 2nd round pick we gave up was well worth it.

I think composure, toughness, and leadership are key attributes for a quarterback. Cassel has those qualities and I also love the fact that he plays with passion too.

However, I believe the number one attribute as a quarterback is the ability to respond under pressure. So now I don't want to jump the gun here and say he has that capability, but I will say, after coming back from an appendectomy and performing the way he did, is a great sign and a step in the direction towards performing well under pressure. So far so good Matt. Keep up the good work:thumb: you sure as heck got my support.

I'll take 'what doubters WEREN'T doubting' for $1000, Alex.

SAUTO 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273188)
This is my response to this thread.

Spot on
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

That run he took off on, took the hit and popped up with the fist-throw and scream was pretty sweet. He's becoming a leader on the field, for certain.

How can you not get behind a guy like that.