ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Inside the NFL - Chiefs/Rams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238912)

DaFace 12-23-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840 (Post 7284658)
You guys could always let him go and pick up McDaniels so he can trade Bradford to KC for Croyle.

ROFL...I'm SO glad that Denver got McDaniels instead of Spags. I think Spags will be fine. Not sold on him being awesome or anything yet, but I think he's got the team headed in a great direction at a minimum.

Rams Fan 12-23-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7284670)
ROFL...I'm SO glad that Denver got McDaniels instead of Spags. I think Spags will be fine. Not sold on him being awesome or anything yet, but I think he's got the team headed in a great direction at a minimum.

The way the Rams are run is a lot like the Chiefs are run. The Rams have a GM and a HC like the Chiefs, where the HC hardly has any say trading players. Spags needs to maybe tweak his coaching staff and get a few more players and I like where this team will be next year.

Hammock Parties 12-23-2010 06:34 PM

I could watch this forever.

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/RAMS/RAMS.gif

OnTheWarpath15 12-23-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7284678)

That's awesome.

WebGem 12-23-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

I remember standing in my seat before that play praying we could just get 1 first down on the drive. That sure worked out!

RealSNR 12-23-2010 08:20 PM

I just realized that Dick Curl is coaching with the Rams.

Imagine how much BETTER Bradford could be right now if he had a competent coach

Rams Fan 12-23-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7284882)
I just realized that Dick Curl is coaching with the Rams.

Imagine how much BETTER Bradford could be right now if he had a competent coach

Curl's been a good QB coach. There's an article from the Post Dispatch about how he and Bradford get along with each other.

-King- 12-23-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

ROFL @ How Charles comes jetting out of nowhere.

RealSNR 12-23-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7284903)
Curl's been a good QB coach. There's an article from the Post Dispatch about how he and Bradford get along with each other.

Curl's not a good coach. He was the worst piece of shit from the Herm Edwards era. Just my opinion, though.

Rams Fan 12-23-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7284958)
Curl's not a good coach. He was the worst piece of shit from the Herm Edwards era. Just my opinion, though.

What did Curl do that was so bad?

Hammock Parties 12-23-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7284964)

Curl has never developed an NFL quarterback in his life.

He pretty much mind****ed Brodie Croyle.

BigOlChiefsfan 12-23-2010 10:43 PM

I thought a 'Dick Curl' was just a weightlifting move. A Dick Press, now that's impressive.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7284964)

Because people here hate anybody associated with herm. I don't know how good or bad he is as a coach. But no doubt Bradford has made tremendous strides throughout the year and I thought he made a lot out of a little with Thigpen. I think there are much better QB coaches out there. But I think he's adequate.

On Spags, I can't believe anyone would want him gone. Then again, it is STL (no offense to you, but I've seen how St. Louis works). If they got Cowher, they'd want him gone after one losing season too.

RealSNR 12-23-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7285150)
Because people here hate anybody associated with herm. I don't know how good or bad he is as a coach. But no doubt Bradford has made tremendous strides throughout the year and I thought he made a lot out of a little with Thigpen. I think there are much better QB coaches out there. But I think he's adequate.

On Spags, I can't believe anyone would want him gone. Then again, it is STL (no offense to you, but I've seen how St. Louis works). If they got Cowher, they'd want him gone after one losing season too.

Dude, Curl represented everything inept about Herm Edwards. He was "Father Time" who didn't know how to use timeouts correctly and efficiently. He was part of an offensive staff who destroyed the career of Larry Johnson. Oh, and he flat-out can't coach. Brodie Croyle should have had a powerful command of this offense before training camp in both 2007 and 2008. In both years he was woefully unprepared. Also in both years I never saw him making any adjustments to his game (glaring adjustments that he could make, like footwork in the pocket, etc.)

Herm was a mediocre coach. Maybe a bad one, too. It was going to take a good coach to successfully turn this team around and he clearly wasn't the man for the job. But I really appreciate that 2008 draft and some of the other talent that he acquired for this team.

stevieray 12-23-2010 11:24 PM

...nice Elvis shades.