ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's DIVISION CLENCHING Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239130)

Demonpenz 12-26-2010 10:58 PM

I wish the jets had thomas jones

FloridaMan88 12-26-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7293608)
Thomas Jones.

23 carries for 53 yards.

No, he isn't just what the doctor ordered.

He was done 3 games ago.

A minor miracle... I agree with you on something.

Thomas Jones is starting to look very LJ-like, circa the first part of last season.

Minimal gain runs on first down.

Rain Man 12-26-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7293589)
Yes one in the first half and another in the 4th Q.

Thanks. I thought so. Hopefully that was some six-sigma kind of thing.

gblowfish 12-26-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 7293672)

Thomas Jones is starting to look very LJ-like, circa the first part of last season.

Man, you Debbie Downers always have to find something to complain about.

Jones has rushed for over 100 yards twice this season, and for 95 on another occasion. He has six TDs. He has a chance to go for 1,000 this year, and that's sharing the backfield with Charles. He is by all accounts the Anti-LJ. He is a playoff-experienced locker room leader, he's great at pass blocking, he will do whatever you ask him to do. Most importantly, he's kept Charles from getting beat to sh*t. How can you not want a guy like that in your 53?

Demonpenz 12-26-2010 11:24 PM

Charles is on my fantasy team.

DRU 12-26-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 7293701)
Man, you Debbie Downers always have to find something to complain about.

Jones has rushed for over 100 yards twice this season, and for 95 on another occasion. He has six TDs. He has a chance to go for 1,000 this year, and that's sharing the backfield with Charles. He is by all accounts the Anti-LJ. He is a playoff-experienced locker room leader, he's great at pass blocking, he will do whatever you ask him to do. Most importantly, he's kept Charles from getting beat to sh*t. How can you not want a guy like that in your 53?

Exactly. If not for that fact that we do have Charles on our team I think we'd hear plenty of good things about TJ around here. We do have Charles, though, so let's just enjoy them both. Seems to be working.

Hammock Parties 12-26-2010 11:42 PM

They're right about Thomas Jones, Debbie Downers or not.

If he gets 10 carries in the first half of a playoff game, our coaching staff will look dumb. He's just not capable of producing a big play or making something out of nothing. He's a negative or 0-yard carry waiting to happen.

They need to ride Charles early and often in the playoffs.

Phobia 12-26-2010 11:52 PM

Jones' 4th quarter fumble didn't happen. I mean, it did but it shouldn't have been a lost ball.

tk13 12-27-2010 12:04 AM

I really wouldn't have a problem starting Jones. Our offense is more efficient when we start with Jones, and hit them with Charles as the change up. That requires more patience than most people have. I'm amazed Haley has stuck with it. But we certainly can't wait until the 2nd quarter to get Charles involved either.

I don't think that'll be a problem though. It was all Charles against both Indy and SD, our two biggest games... Jones barely saw the ball in either game. Then again we weren't that effective on the ground either.

boogblaster 12-27-2010 12:17 AM

Kool man .. and yea Im glad to be here to enjoy this season .......

Raiderhater58 12-27-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7293608)
Thomas Jones.

23 carries for 53 yards.

No, he isn't just what the doctor ordered.

He was done 3 games ago.

Jesus this guy, some mother****ers are just miserable

crazycoffey 12-27-2010 05:13 AM

1) great read again, GB.

2) TJ is soooo not done, he's the epitome of a team player. JC is having a career year because of TJ, not in spite of him. And when we HAVE to have one yard, TJ will get it more often than charles will. I love the tandem we have, I wish I could buy a jersey with both names and numbers.

3) we are going to have to beat the jets at home, the pats in NE and then whoever comes out of the ravens/steelers game. I hope it's the ravens and we play them at home, that would be a C-O-O-L way to win the AFC championship.

4) regardless of where or when, I'm more confident with our chances against the pats than the steelers for some reason. I don't know why. I feel it in my gut, then I think I'm crazy to think it. But then I still say that charlie and romeo know something that no other coordinators know about hoodie, and whatever they know will help us more than hurt us. God I so hope I'm right.

5) playoffs or not; we better not ****ing sit our starters. I know we risk injury, but it's a great time to instill an identity for this young team. We are blue collar, we work, we fight, we get banged up but we still come at you. I didn't think this way at first, earlier today, but now I do. It's the ****ing faders, we need to smack them in the face like the bitches that they are.

6) I finally started to jump on the criticize Cassel wagon a few short weeks ago. I think maybe he was just nervous and is gaining confidence. He has been playing well lately and I do love that. accuracy issues aside, he's proving to himself, his team and us fans - that his love for the game is on fire, and he can be a very solid QB. He's finally considerable as a ascending player IMO.

7) we're in the mother****ing playoffs!!!!!!!!!

TimeForWasp 12-27-2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 7293672)

I would really like to see Battle get the carries Jones it getting.

Buns 12-27-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 7294162)
3) we are going to have to beat the jets at home, the pats in NE and then whoever comes out of the ravens/steelers game.

Not sure if I'm right, but I think... If we finish with 11 wins, we'll be the 3rd seed, which I think means we'd play the 2nd seed if we made the divisionals,
which means if we made it past that, we'd either play in foxboro or arrowhead.
I'd be wrong if the seeding changes to record based after the wild card though, not sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

runnercyclist 12-27-2010 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=CrazyCoffey;7294162]1) ...playoffs or not; we better not ****ing sit our starters. I know we risk injury, but it's a great time to instill an identity for this young team. We are blue collar, we work, we fight, we get banged up but we still come at you. I didn't think this way at first, earlier today, but now I do. It's the ****ing faders, we need to smack them in the face like the bitches that they are.QUOTE]

+1 :grr:

We have to beat Chokeland to achieve our goal of 3 wins in the final quarter of the season. This next game is our most important game to date. (See, I've been listening to Haley's pressers). :p

Beating the crap out of Chokeland would be the best way to enter THE PLAYOFFS :thumb: