ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Ricky Gervais - 2011 Golden Globes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240400)

VAChief 01-17-2011 10:17 AM

I didn't know Rush Limbaugh was a Scientologist.

DJay23 01-17-2011 10:27 AM

I thought he was great. I love watching celebs squirm as they are poked for their failures and odd behavior.

Sure-Oz 01-17-2011 10:50 AM

The guy is hilarious, its funny watching these celebs squirm

KChiefs1 01-17-2011 06:01 PM

CBS News just had a story about Gervais & the stir he caused in the Hollywood community! :clap:

Bambi 01-17-2011 06:09 PM

Hilarious.

Sure-Oz 01-17-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 7364667)
CBS News just had a story about Gervais & the stir he caused in the Hollywood community! :clap:

I don't know why they are so damn serious

BigMeatballDave 01-17-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 7363168)
I sensed by the end of the show that many of the celebs were not amused. I was glad when a number of them started to spout back at him. Especially Robert Downy Jr.

:rolleyes: Please. These people are entertainers. They know who Gervais is and what he's about. Any actor attending should have been prepared for this. **** 'em if they werent. Ricky is a riot!

Easy 6 01-17-2011 08:27 PM

Thank GOD for this guy, its about time someone got up there & skewered everyone.

Those that got all butthurt by it, like Downey & Jolie, are the ones that needed it. Yet others like Bruce Willis, played along & got a giggle out of it.

I'm an acting fan & believe that the good ones actually do something special for the national collective conscience, but theres no question in my mind that many of them have a highly inflated sense of importance.

Bob Dole 01-17-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 7363168)
I sensed by the end of the show that many of the celebs were not amused. I was glad when a number of them started to spout back at him. Especially Robert Downy Jr.

You know, because the fact that someone makes more for one movie than the average U.S. citizen will earn in a lifetime, means that they're a whole lot smarter, and should use that recognition to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat.

J Diddy 01-17-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7364773)
:rolleyes: Please. These people are entertainers. They know who Gervais is and what he's about. Any actor attending should have been prepared for this. **** 'em if they werent. Ricky is a riot!

Agree 200%, they should have been prepared for a roast.

Deberg_1990 01-17-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7365091)
Thank GOD for this guy, its about time someone got up there & skewered everyone.

Those that got all butthurt by it, like Downey & Jolie, are the ones that needed it. Yet others like Bruce Willis, played along & got a giggle out of it.

I'm an acting fan & believe that the good ones actually do something special for the national collective conscience, but theres no question in my mind that many of them have a highly inflated sense of importance.

Oh i agree....I hate awards shows, and the whole entire culture of it....hilarious stuff, but wrong place, wrong time....

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=4HQHWX2WLFDTCRWG&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

kysirsoze 01-17-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7365091)

I got the feeling that although he was smiling for the cameras, he desperately wanted to break Gervais's nose.

DomerNKC 01-17-2011 10:49 PM

It is a party thrown by the uber rich to give awards and accolades to the uber rich. Screw them, i love the annual roast! Give Ricky a 10 year contract!

FAX 01-17-2011 11:12 PM

People love to see the rich and famous taken down a notch. Particularly in public.

Still, these actors are people, too. Guys like Downey have fought one hell of a fight to get back on the straight and narrow and get their career going again. Guys like that should be celebrated for what they've accomplished and held up as a role model for kids who are on the verge of ruining their lives through drug and alcohol abuse ... not denigrated. Plus, he's like the best ever Tony Stark ever.

FAX

blazzin311 01-17-2011 11:19 PM

Hey guess what Hollywood Celebs. and Foreign Press? You're at an awards show awarding you for how awesome you all are. So in addition to your egos being stroked by the awards being given to you, the Hollywood media wing has to skewer anyone (in this case Ricky Gervais) who doesn't buy into your image of yourselves. Guess what I laughed my ass off at Gervais and nearly all of his material last night...hell I wouldn't of probably even noticed that the Golden Globes were on last night (much less given a rat's ass) if I hadn't chanced upon Ricky Gervais and his outrageously funny monologue. He's a comedy hero just for that as far as I'm concerned. They ought to just let him host every award show from here on out. I mean the ratings speak for themselves really. Well played Ricky Gervais, well played. :clap: