ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Give It Up For Kobe Bean Bryant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240914)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7389880)
The only people who think Kobe is anywhere near Mike are Lakers homers, and kids who aren't old enough to have seen Mike play night in and night out. That said, I hate Kobe and I hate the Lakers as an old Sonics fan. And while I haven't watched any NBA basketball in years, from what I've seen of the dude, Kobe is the best to touch the court since Mike and is up there with every great player that's ever played this game outside of Jordan. JMHO.

I'll tell you what he does have just like Michael did, and that's work ethic. If anything was going to convince me I was wrong, and Kobe and Michael are equals, it would be that legendary work ethic. That "nothing is ever good enough" mentality. It's what makes them both warriors.

-King- 01-28-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

The only people who think Kobe is anywhere near Mike are Lakers homers, and kids who aren't old enough to have seen Mike play night in and night out. That said, I hate Kobe and I hate the Lakers as an old Sonics fan. And while I haven't watched any NBA basketball in years, from what I've seen of the dude, Kobe is the best to touch the court since Mike and is up there with every great player that's ever played this game outside of Jordan. JMHO.

Yeah, I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan, but I can't put Kobe ahead of Mike. When his career is over though, he'll probably be a close second though. Closer than anybody else will get.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7389914)
Yeah, I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan, but I can't put Kobe ahead of Mike. When his career is over though, he'll probably be a close second though. Closer than anybody else will get.

I didn't agree with that until a couple years ago, but I have no doubt you're right now. Like Michael, Kobe is obsessed. I admire it.

Halfcan 01-28-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

I was lucky enough to see Jordan play in person in dallas before he retired.

He still had a great game, but was outhustled quit a bit.

I would love to see kobe play before he is done.

If Kobe ends up with More points, More steals, More rebounds, More rings and ends up the Points lead all time.....

jordan will still be considered the best because he skipped a few years in his prime to play Baseball.

kcxiv 01-28-2011 02:46 PM

Team is starting to play better as the days go by. Bynum has been getting better and is a defensive beast. Post season can't come soon enough at least one of my teams don't shit the bed in the post season

HoneyBadger 01-28-2011 02:50 PM

He is a great and amazing player. But I just dislike him. I think everyone can agree that he has a talent level above others.

suds79 01-28-2011 02:54 PM

I used to hate Kobe when he was younger. But I think that's because I didn't want anybody to take Jordan's spot as the greatest.

I've since let that go. If somebody passes Jordan someday, so be it. People all love Jordan but I think I've realized that Jordan can be as much of an ass as some other athletes. Did you hear his HOF acceptance speedh? Ehh..

So Kobe is great. One of the greatest ever. Love his game. Still would take Jordan. But not by much.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2011 03:00 PM

If the internet had existed when Michael Jordan was playing basketball in the 80's & early 90's, he'd be far more hated than Kobe.

The mere fact that social media didn't exist during his day if proof enough. If Jordan had people following him 24-7, especially on the road, he wouldn't be as revered today.

Mr. Laz 01-28-2011 03:05 PM

**** the Lakers
**** Kobe Bryant
**** every fan of Kobe Bryant

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7390109)
**** the Lakers
**** Kobe Bryant
**** every fan of Kobe Bryant

:deevee:

kcxiv 01-28-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7390092)
If the internet had existed when Michael Jordan was playing basketball in the 80's & early 90's, he'd be far more hated than Kobe.

The mere fact that social media didn't exist during his day if proof enough. If Jordan had people following him 24-7, especially on the road, he wouldn't be as revered today.

funny thing is when i hear about people in L.A meeting Kobe around L.A they all said he was pretty nice saying hi and what not and isnt a douche to them.

ClevelandBronco 01-28-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 7389700)
...You can’t win this argument...

I've never seen the man play as far as I know, and that automatically makes me the winner.

kcxiv 01-28-2011 03:23 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/3027zol.jpg

Yep......

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Excellent point. I agree 100%.

BigCatDaddy 01-28-2011 03:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I don't think so. Some of it is Kobe's dickness being exposed through the media, but if you just look at Jordan and Kobe in photos Kobe just looks more like the guy who needs a good ass kicking.