ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc 13 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241201)

Saulbadguy 02-04-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7405611)
Oh my gosh, they have to walk around when it's cold, how awful.

I do make a point to shovel the area in front of my mailbox after luv brought that up several years ago.

Still jealous of postmen.

luv 02-04-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7405611)
Oh my gosh, they have to walk around when it's cold, how awful.

Have you walked 14 miles in a foot of snow?

notorious 02-04-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405615)

Exercise during work should be seen as a benefit. :D

Brock 02-04-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Both ways uphill?

Saulbadguy 02-04-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

In a row?

luv 02-04-2011 10:15 AM

My dad does have it easy as far as routes go though. He delivers to several of the medical buildings/clinics/hospitals. And the residential portion is driven. He's paid his dues though. Ice storms and bad winters, dog bites, etc. He's got it made now though.

Kerberos 02-04-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7405605)
Mailmen get paid great and receive great benefits to stuff letters in a box for a company that is inefficient and nearly obsolete. I wish I could be a full time mail carrier, those guys got it made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405608)
Yeah, especially this time of year, huh?

Exactly

The grass is always greener.

Don't get me wrong Saul, Postal workers do get paid well. But they also have to put up with 4 seasons of weather in most states and have to put up with people bitching about this, that and the other thing.

It would be the benefits and retirement that would make it worthwile for me too. I can work a shitty job inside and get the same benefits and retirement somewhere else. ;)

luv 02-04-2011 10:18 AM

If you don't appreciate your mail service, maybe you could call and have all of our mail canceled, and request that everyone send you items via parcel service? I wonder if their employees are tested and put through several different background tests? Bowser?

phisherman 02-04-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7405605)
Mailmen get paid great and receive great benefits to stuff letters in a box for a company that is inefficient and nearly obsolete. I wish I could be a full time mail carrier, those guys got it made.

you seem like a bitter guy sometimes.

luv 02-04-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 7405625)
Exactly

The grass is always greener.

Don't get me wrong Saul, Postal workers do get paid well. But they also have to put up with 4 seasons of weather in most states and have to put up with people bitching about this, that and the other thing.

It would be the benefits and retirement that would make it worthwile for me too. I can work a shitty job inside and get the same benefits and retirement somewhere else. ;)

Dad is three years away. He took 6 weeks off after a recent surgery, and he was fretting about it moving his retirement date back that much longer...lol.

Saulbadguy 02-04-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405626)
If you don't appreciate your mail service, maybe you could call and have all of our mail canceled, and request that everyone send you items via parcel service? I wonder if their employees are tested and put through several different background tests? Bowser?

I would like all my items delivered via email.

Brock 02-04-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 7405628)
you seem like a bitter guy sometimes.

Just because he's bitter doesn't mean he isn't right. I understand why they get good pay and benefits, but let's not pretend that walking around outside is some kind of tough job.

notorious 02-04-2011 10:21 AM

I honestly think some people are jealous of the Postal Worker.

They do their job and do it efficiently, unlike almost every other government department.

The Franchise 02-04-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405626)

90% of the shit I get is junk. If I could....I'd pay my mail carrier to just throw the shit away before it even hits my mailbox.

Saulbadguy 02-04-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7405635)
They do their job and do it efficiently, unlike almost every other government department.

ROFL