ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best active NFL player without a ring? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246288)

Backwards Masking 06-18-2011 04:04 PM

I'm gonna go with future active Hall of Famers, regardless of how past thier prime they might be, as opposed to the current Best players at their respective positions.

1. Tony Gonzalez - best TE ever, former Chief, easy choice.

2. Terrell Owns - love him or hate him, he's one of the top 5 receivers to ever play the game, has the stats to prove it, teams always improve with him on their roster. Way more of a complete receiver IMO than #3....

3. Randy Moss - greatest long ball receiver ever (at least he was for 10 straight years), double team him or risk giving the opponent in instant 7 on every defensice snap.

4. Jason Taylor - monster of monsters when it comes the DE position.

5. Brian Urlacher - guys a stud, felt sorry kinda sorry for him when he signed his life away to a (then) piss poor Chicago team. At least he got to play in the big one.

Chances are someone's gonna blast me for putting some of the guys mentioned 2-5 ahead of LT and Champ Bailey. Well i'm a Chiefs fan on a Chiefs message board. I'm allowed to play the Homer card.

Chief Roundup 06-18-2011 04:14 PM

There are some good lists but I would have to add
Tony Richardson.

CoMoChief 06-18-2011 04:18 PM

Sammie Parker

Pasta Little Brioni 06-18-2011 04:19 PM

Cam Thomas and Jamon Meredith...2 of CP's "draft legends"

Backwards Masking 06-18-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 7704467)
There are some good lists but I would have to add
Tony Richardson.

Can't believe I forgot about him. Good call.

MoreLemonPledge 06-18-2011 05:42 PM

Bobby Sippio.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-18-2011 05:58 PM

Jamaal Charles

Ace Gunner 06-18-2011 06:17 PM

phil rivers, but the homer in me sez jamaal charles also lol

fitz

andre johnson

demarcus ware

adrian p

pat willis

Quesadilla Joe 06-18-2011 06:56 PM

I think there are only two players in the NFL right now who have been to 10+ Pro Bowls and haven't won a ring and they are Champ Bailey and Tony Gonzalez. I would have to give the nod to Champ because he is a surefire first ballot HOF'er and Shannon Sharpe had every record in the books plus 3 Super Bowl Rings and he wasn't first ballot...

Saul Good 06-18-2011 07:00 PM

Some good names listed so far. In putting together a top 5, this is what I would say so far. I'm starting to think that Tony G. does belong on that list.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Randy Moss
3. Terrell Owens
4. Champ Bailey
5. Ed Reed

Anyone saying Jamaal Charles belongs in the top 50 is nuts if this is a career achievement award versus a right now award.

Gadzooks 06-18-2011 07:02 PM

Based on current talent, I'd go with Rivers.
Based on their entire career, I'd go with Tony G.

Arsonist 06-18-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 7704373)
Fitz of the cards
he should come to KC to get his ring

:thumb:

BigMeatballDave 06-18-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7704662)
Some good names listed so far. In putting together a top 5, this is what I would say so far. I'm starting to think that Tony G. does belong on that list.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Randy Moss
3. Terrell Owens
4. Champ Bailey
5. Ed Reed

Anyone saying Jamaal Charles belongs in the top 50 is nuts if this is a career achievement award versus a right now award.

LMAO Starting to think? For career numbers, he should be #1. He has caught over 1000 balls.

BigMeatballDave 06-18-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7704650)
I think there are only two players in the NFL right now who have been to 10+ Pro Bowls and haven't won a ring and they are Champ Bailey and Tony Gonzalez. I would have to give the nod to Champ because he is a surefire first ballot HOF'er and Shannon Sharpe had every record in the books plus 3 Super Bowl Rings and he wasn't first ballot...

You don't think Gonzalez is a first ballot HoFer?

Rams Fan 06-18-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7704650)

No offense to Champ, but there might be better guys who missed the cut for a few years.

I'm not saying that Champ won't get in the HOF, but there might be other guys who will still be on the ballot that haven't gotten in because of the position they played (i.e: WR).