ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop The Return of Beavis & Butthead--Sneak Peak (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247435)

crispystl 07-22-2011 04:09 PM

When does it air?

Backwards Masking 07-22-2011 05:46 PM

YES YES YES. I absolutely can't wait to see these Bungholes back in action! Loved the show back in the day, extremely underrated and cut off WAY before it's time. Yeah, you have to turn your brain off in order to "get it". So what? I just hope they bring back the videos, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't, but I thought them ripping on the shitty acts was awesome. They usually had few zingers while in the process. I REALLY hope they kept all the same character: Stewart, Mr. Anderson, Buzzcut, Vandressein, Principal McVicker. The constant arguing between the Buzzcut (the Republican Army Brat) and Vandressein (the liberal hippie pacifist) over how to handle the two dillholes was epic. i hope it doesn't disappoint, i doubt it will. Even mediocre Beavis and Butthead is better than no Beavis and Butthead.

kcxiv 07-22-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 7764702)
When does it air?

October!

Tribal Warfare 07-23-2011 02:08 AM

yeah :Elvis:

WV 09-27-2011 10:52 PM

Ok so who watched last night? I missed it.

KurtCobain 09-27-2011 10:59 PM

****ing awesome looking trailer.

threebag 10-26-2011 06:48 PM

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Atjs4S5...6profileid=tv2

Ready for more Beavis and Butt-Head? MTV hopes so, as the cable network is re-launching the animated series from Mike Judge nearly two decades after its original debut. But will the show, which thrived in the '90s — when the M in MTV still stood for music — work today? Judge and MTV President Van Toffler, a self-described B and B fanatic, think so.* Here's how they plan to bring the chuckling chuckleheads into the 21st century.

Fall TV: Get the lowdown on this season's must-see new shows

WHAT'S NEW?

The 1990s Beavis and Butt-Head, of course, relied heavily on the dumb pair mocking MTV's slate of music videos — the relative dearth of which these days posed an interesting problem for Judge. As a result, in the new version, B. and B. will make fun of other MTV programming, a solution that Toffler finds apropos. "I think MTV has been self-deprecating since its inception," he told reporters at this year's fall TV previews. But won't Judge feel weird about biting the hand that feeds him? "I don't think so," he says. "I mean, look at what they have on!"

First up, the natural fit: Jersey Shore, a show on which Judge says he's hooked. "It really clicked [as a source of comedy]; it was just pay dirt," he says. They'll also target the cast of 16*& Pregnant, UFC fights and popular viral videos from YouTube.

Beavis and Butt-Head to return to MTV

In the premiere episode (Thursday at 10/9c on MTV), the pair sees Twilight and they decide to "get chicks" by becoming supernatural creatures themselves. So they ask a homeless guy with hepatitis (who they think is a werewolf) to bite them. So yes, the critical-thinking skills are intact. The show also still thrives on simplicity. In another short, Beavis smells an onion from his chili dog while watching a tear-jerking scene from The Bachelor. Butt-Head notices Beavis' onion-fueled tears, thinks he has been moved by the romance reality show and ridicules him for days. But the best jokes are the duo's impromptu voice-overs for Snooki. It's comedy gold.
WHAT'S OLD?

Fans of the original series, fear not: Beavis and Butt-Head are the same emotionally stunted man-children you remember from their 1993-1997 run on MTV. In fact, it'll mostly seem like no time has passed at all. "I didn't want to do a big, conscious forcing of modern stuff on them, only when it makes sense," Judge says.

Heh-heh. That's cool.

Beavis and Butt-Head airs Thursdays at 10/9c. Will you tune in?

Deberg_1990 10-26-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 8051416)
Will you tune in?

Hells yea! Its like im 21 years old again!

chasedude 10-26-2011 07:32 PM

Yup, I'm in! :Elvis: Huh huh huhuhuh

kcxiv 10-26-2011 07:51 PM

Im in, i was in the 11th grade when it first came out. lol. Everyone i knew was watching it.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-26-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7763844)
'I'm a whore, hello'....

"uh...that's how she answers the phone...uh huh huh huh.."

awesome

ROFL

This looks awesome.

WV 10-26-2011 08:28 PM

:)

chasedude 10-28-2011 02:01 PM

The show was exactly what I expected. Loved it! I felt like I was in HighSchool again watching those two jackasses.

Tribal Warfare 10-28-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8056161)
The show was exactly what I expected. Loved it! I felt like I was in HighSchool again watching those two jackasses.

yep, it was ****in awesome, and they didn't try to
'update" it either

chasedude 10-29-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8057478)
yep, it was ****in awesome, and they didn't try to
'update" it either

That makes it even better, leave the nostalgia for us original old school viewers :thumb: