ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Spinoff: What's the coolest job you've ever had? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248654)

ToxSocks 08-18-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7833829)
Elaborate, plz??

When the economy was strong we use to build bad ass cars, our starting price was $150K.

...now we focus on general upgrades and repairs as well as selling parts nationaly, opposed to full on custom car builds.

About 2 months ago we rolled out a $300K build that was 2 years in the making.....most likely our last custom build we'll ever do.

ToxSocks 08-18-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7833870)
When the economy was strong we use to build bad ass cars, our starting price was $150K.

...now we focus on general upgrades and repairs as well as selling parts nationaly, opposed to full on custom car builds.

About 2 months ago we rolled out a $300K build that was 2 years in the making.....most likely our last custom build we'll ever do.

I should ad that along with those cars and Money came car shows in Vegas, Florida, L.A, driving The Hot Rod Power Tour, doing big things with big companies like Turbonetics, March, Dynacorn, doing TV shows, Magazine articles, etc.

No more cars...no more big things.

MOhillbilly 08-18-2011 02:32 PM

I was jesus hitler for a spell.

loochy 08-18-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7833883)
I was jesus hitler for a spell.

how'd that work out for you?

seclark 08-18-2011 02:36 PM

installing communications equipment on towers.
sec

MOhillbilly 08-18-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7833888)

i was nailed to a cross witha nine milli.

loochy 08-18-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7833897)
i was nailed to a cross witha nine milli.

yeah, but did it pay well?

CoMoChief 08-18-2011 02:38 PM

Boatdock at Lake Jacomo Marina (working their rental boat fleet).

All of us dock guys were best friends....so when one got on, we got another hired, then an other, then all of a sudden, all of us were there totally staffed.....so whenever we went to work, we knew that it was always going to be with one of our friends...weekends all of us worked there, and we had the dockhand beer fund....many people came off from the lake and had extra beer (like a few per boat or somethin') and would donate to us (we were all in HS, very underage) but gave to us anyways.

We had 2 huge coolers in the shed where all of our supplies were, we kept it on ice all day and kept adding to it, by the end of the day (8pm or so) both coolers would be full with more to spare. We'd take the boat out after work and would let the park rangers know so they didn't get suspicious when they would come by and see a rental boat missing....but we'd get hammered out there, stay the night....come in to work the next day....rinse wash repeat...

probably the best 4-5 summers of my life. VERY fun. Lots of booze, bitches, swimming, boating, being outdoors.....shit was awesome then.

MOhillbilly 08-18-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7833888)

had the world in my palm til the jews took it from me.

Radar Chief 08-18-2011 02:45 PM

The one I'm still working.

epitome1170 08-18-2011 02:51 PM

Current one is the one I am most happy with, but in no way would I describe it as cool.

vailpass 08-18-2011 02:52 PM

I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

phisherman 08-18-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 7833913)
The one I'm still working.

same here. love my current job.

BigVE 08-18-2011 03:17 PM

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I worked for a market research company out of Burbank CA. It was basically a telemarketing type of place that called people from across the U.S. and asked them watch a TV show that evening...the intent was to ONLY ask them to watch the TV show and watch it as they would any other show but then we would call them back, ask only a few questions about the TV show and then 50 questions about the commercials that aired during the show. Not so interesting/cool, I know...but my job was to pre-screen the commercials and arrange show times with all the local cable affiliates. It was kinda cool being able to see many of the commercials on TV later on that we I had pre-screened months beforehand. Also, I was 19/20 years old, lived in a small college town and the majority of the employees were hot college chics. Cool job, decent money and an ever refreshing buffet of college hotties...I loved it.

BWillie 08-18-2011 03:20 PM

Computer monitor in college computer lab at University of Iowa. I literally didn't have to do anything. I worked about 10-15 hours a week. I just sat there, did my homework, looked at sports crap, played poker. If there was any question at all, all I had to do was get the computer #, go back to my desk, plug that in and the one smart computer dude on campus would remote connect to the computer and fix it. Then I would go back to sitting on my perch doing nothing. I made like $7 an hour, but who gives a shit.