ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What happens if the Colts get Luck? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251142)

FringeNC 10-10-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleash_the_Phury (Post 7983565)
So... You're saying the team with Sam Bradford is drafting Andrew Luck? To do what, run the A-11?

Andrew Luck will be the first guy taken in the draft. That's a 100% certainty, barring injury. Will the Rams trade the pick, trade Bradford, or what? Who knows, but Andrew Luck is going #1.

mcaj22 10-10-2011 10:55 AM

a team like the Rams or Panthers or even Eagles (who will all eventually win some games) would be VERY interesting if they ever got the 1st pick, because they would rake in a pot load of offers in terms of teams willing to give them the farm for the pick slot.

And would benefit greatly, as they obviously do not need Luck. Though the Eagles would draft Luck in a minute, because thats the type of shit that team loves to do

lcarus 10-10-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 7983573)
a team like the Rams or Panthers or even Eagles (who will all eventually win some games) would be VERY interesting if they ever got the 1st pick, because they would rake in a pot load of offers in terms of teams willing to give them the farm for the pick slot.

And would benefit greatly, as they obviously do not need Luck. Though the Eagles would draft Luck in a minute, because thats the type of shit that team loves to do

The Eagles won't even be close to the #1 pick in my opinion.

Nzoner 10-10-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7983563)
The Rams have also played the toughest schedule in the league. It gets pretty soft around the mid season mark. I could see them getting 3 wins against Seattle and Arizona alone.

The way Seattle has been dropping points on opponents D's I don't know about that.Of course we'll have to see what the injury situation is.

lcarus 10-10-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 7983578)
The way Seattle has been dropping points on opponents D's I don't know about that.Of course we'll have to see what the injury situation is.

Plus you never know when Lynch will go into beast mode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ynn7VGY2Asc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7983570)
Yeah, real tough. They'll have Manning to play another year or two and another franchise guy to replace him with. Just awful.

If he comes back healthy next year, and is the Manning of old, they're going to kick him to the cub after the next year? No, but they might have to trade him at that point b/c you can't sit your #1 talent for 3 years, 2 maybe but for Luck even that is pushing it.

Now, if it comes out that Manning isn't 100% before the draft, yes it's a no brainer, but some of you aren't considering Manning's end of career legacy here. The Colts won't want to look bad, and they could be getting themselves into a situation where there is no way out if they take him.

I could see the pick being for sale if they get it.

Okie_Apparition 10-10-2011 11:13 AM

The Luck hype is getting to where the fans of the 31 other teams will just be cheering for him to bust. The pressure could do him in

lcarus 10-10-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 7983615)
The Luck hype is getting to where the fans of the 31 other teams will just be cheering for him to bust. The pressure could do him in

I'll be honest. If we don't get him (which..we aren't getting him) I hope he busts. It would be funny.

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983613)
If he comes back healthy next year, and is the Manning of old, they're going to kick him to the cub after the next year? No, but they might have to trade him at that point b/c you can't sit your #1 talent for 3 years, 2 maybe but for Luck even that is pushing it.

Now, if it comes out that Manning isn't 100% before the draft, yes it's a no brainer, but some of you aren't considering Manning's end of career legacy here. The Colts won't want to look bad, and they could be getting themselves into a situation where there is no way out if they take him.

I could see the pick being for sale if they get it.

How can't you? He'll be making like 4-5mil a year.

Okie_Apparition 10-10-2011 11:16 AM

The pressure on a rookie QB to save a franchise has got to be a hell of a load to carry

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:18 AM

Why would you? I could see sitting him for a year behind Payton, but then what do you do? Payton has a great year, oh well, we'll just have the best QB prospect the league has seen since John Elway riding the bench for 5 years while Payton plays out his final contract.

5 years is hyperbole, but so is 3, Luck is ready to start right now, Payton has 5 years left. He could still be the Manning of old for all 5 of those years. If you throw multiple firsts and a lot of other picks their way, you don't think they would at least consider it?

vailpass 10-10-2011 11:19 AM

If you could choose between the two who would you rather see get Luck: Indy or Denver?

Pants 10-10-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7983637)
If you could choose between the two who would you rather see get Luck: Indy or Denver?

Is this a serious question?

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983629)
Why would you? I could see sitting him for a year behind Payton, but then what do you do? Payton has a great year, oh well, we'll just have the best QB prospect the league has seen since John Elway riding the bench for 5 years while Payton plays out his final contract.

5 years is hyperbole, but so is 3, Luck is ready to start right now, Payton has 5 years left. He could still be the Manning of old for all 5 of those years. If you throw multiple firsts and a lot of other picks their way, you don't think they would at least consider it?

Rodgers sat for 3. Really ****ed his career up didn't it?

tooge 10-10-2011 11:21 AM

This is pretty much how it will shake out I'm guessing.
Miami and St. Louis will each be lucky to win one game. Certainly not more than that. The Colts will find a way to win a few. Then, if St. Louis gets the #1, they trade it to the highest bidder which could be either Denver, because Elway will have a double hard on for the best QB in a decade coming out of his alma mater. Miami, cuz they don't have crap, or Seattle for the same reason as Miami.
If Miami gets the pick, then Obviously they take Luck and he starts right away.
SOOOO, basically, we want Miami to suck worse than St. Louis. If Dungver gets Luck, it will be the worse thing that has happened to the Chiefs ever.