ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In Pioli I Trust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256537)

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8401396)
I was just about to say the same thing, but you said it much more concisely

LMAO

Dave Lane 02-27-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8401398)
tl;dr = Obama has made a few mistakes, but on balance, he's done a fantastic job. And ChiefsPlanet is filled with emotional, knee-jerk, me-too-ers who blindly hate what they don't understand.

I'm sorry, I know what a DC poster you are Patty and I have to assume this is what you meant in describing DC. :)

LMAO LMAO

the Talking Can 02-27-2012 08:17 AM

that's the most amazing pile of rationalizations I've ever read....

Quote:

Todd Haley was not a bad hire.
huh? He had to be fired mid-season after two years...but we can't say it was a bad hire?

Pioli hand picked Cassel, a worthless piece of shit...but we can't criticize him for it because...well, just because...

and this is priceless, the perfect example of True Fan "oh noes, it risky!":

Quote:

And it's never smart to trade away your entire draft for a player like RG3, who may not even work out.
This place has officially become Warpaint. Mark the time....whatever time this thread was posted.

suds79 02-27-2012 08:17 AM

Can I get the cliff notes to all of that? Can't do it on a Monday morning.

loochy 02-27-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8401398)
tl;dr = Pioli has made a few mistakes, but on balance, he's done a fantastic job. And ChiefsPlanet is filled with emotional, knee-jerk, me-too-ers who blindly hate what they don't understand.

Nobody UNDERSTANDS why Cassel is our QB and yet we HATE HIM but it's not BLIND.

KurtCobain 02-27-2012 08:30 AM

Yeah, I like Pioli. I think this whole thing will pan out into something really ****ing special soon. I hope very soon, like 2012. Cassel and McCluster are my two huge beefs with him, but as far as Cassel goes there hasn't been much to shop at the QB position since Pioli got his big job.

Go Pioli's Chiefs! Let's kill fools.

htismaqe 02-27-2012 08:31 AM

I have to giggle a little when I read this...why?

Because the Planet has ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

Most of us came here in the summer of 2000 right in the midst of having to suffer Gunther Cunningham as head coach.

The only thing that has changed is the players, the game hasn't changed at all.

Reaper16 02-27-2012 08:32 AM

Well, bye.

Shox 02-27-2012 08:34 AM

80% of this membership hate Pioli. A year from now (or much less if we gett Manning) 80% will love him.

For the record I'm on the Pioli bandwagon from the start.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2012 08:39 AM

**** you.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

The team drafted Berry, McCluster, Arenas, Asamoah, Moeaki, Sheffield, and Lewis. That's a hit on every pick
A bong hit?

Hammock Parties 02-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Leonard Pope had been a strong blocker for us.
So strong that he's 5th worst at his position.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2e51dv4.jpg

Time to pull your head out, DShun.

loochy 02-27-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 8401456)
80% of this membership hate Pioli. A year from now (or much less if we gett Manning) 80% will love him.

For the record I'm on the Pioli bandwagon from the start.

Well yeah...

If he does something right then we approve of him. What's noteworthy about that?

dirk digler 02-27-2012 08:47 AM

I don't know why you would trust him. The most important decisions he has made he has massively failed.

Direckshun 02-27-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8401423)
huh? He had to be fired mid-season after two years...but we can't say it was a bad hire?

Pioli hand picked Cassel, a worthless piece of shit...but we can't criticize him for it because...well, just because...

and this is priceless, the perfect example of True Fan "oh noes, it risky!":

That's fair. Perhaps I meant to say the Haley hire was not bad at the time. Obviously if we walked into this thing knowing he'd drive away every coach he worked with, had an incredibly toxic relationship with Pioli, or would eventually lose support of the locker room, we would have passed.

But at the time he had a strong reputation for developing talent. Which, for the record, we'll be reaping the benefits from a lot of his work.

We can criticize Pioli for the Cassel hire... but what was his other option? The only other realistic option (taking Dalton at #27 last year would have been criminal at the time) would be to select Mark Sanchez. And we'd have a shit quarterback instead of a shit quarterback.

There have literally been no other options... until Kyle Orton hit the market. So that should tell you exactly how much Pioli thinks of Cassel.

And, by the way, you don't trade your draft away for one player.

Especially a player like RG3, who we have no idea how well he'll fare in the NFL given his style of play that we've honestly never seen before.