ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU 9 things about todays JAYHAWKS GAME!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257767)

Bump 03-25-2012 07:41 PM

Great post OP, that's better than most crap you read in articles by professionals. I still hate Roy though, the way he left was inexcusable and pussy shit. But so glad he left because it gave us Bill Self who is way better of a game time coach and leader, he may not be as good as a recruiter but he's a way better coach.

Lex Luthor 03-25-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carls20yearplan (Post 8492603)
10. Norfolk State

Ha! Rep!

Lex Luthor 03-25-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8492785)
Great post OP, that's better than most crap you read in articles by professionals. I still hate Roy though, the way he left was inexcusable and pussy shit. But so glad he left because it gave us Bill Self who is way better of a game time coach and leader, he may not be as good as a recruiter but he's a way better coach.

I never understood the anger towards Roy. He obviously agonized over the decision, and he pissed off the North Carolina fans when he got there because he put up a bunch of KU memorabilia in his office. He loved coaching at KU, North Carolina is the only job in the world he would have left KU for, and it took them two tries to get him.

And then we wound up with a coach who is younger and better. Thanks for everything, Roy.

If you want to blame someone, blame KU alum Dean Smith. He put the pressure on, and Roy eventually gave in to his mentor and returned to the place where he learned how to coach.

the Talking Can 03-25-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

10. Norfolk State

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4Or1tsB-zT...punches-38.jpg

Lzen 03-25-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

10. Norfolk State

ROFL

Oh, and HBD, beer me.

Reerun_KC 03-25-2012 07:58 PM

I wonder how Ol Jack Harry is taking today?

Bullets?

007 03-25-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8492865)

Bullets?

He'll be doing his usual backtracking doublespeak.

Lzen 03-25-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Bullets?

We can only hope.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-25-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8492840)
I never understood the anger towards Roy. He obviously agonized over the decision, and he pissed off the North Carolina fans when he got there because he put up a bunch of KU memorabilia in his office. He loved coaching at KU, North Carolina is the only job in the world he would have left KU for, and it took them two tries to get him.

And then we wound up with a coach who is younger and better. Thanks for everything, Roy.

If you want to blame someone, blame KU alum Dean Smith. He put the pressure on, and Roy eventually gave in to his mentor and returned to the place where he learned how to coach.

Believe me I blame Dean "the KU grad" Smith too. I blamed Roy for lying to the media... "I'll retire at KU." Then he didn't.

My hate for Roy is well past over now. He was obviously torn and went home. Now I'm glad. Self is better.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-25-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Bullets?

One in the mouth maybe?

In other words THREAD BUMP FOR KU IN THE FINAL FOUR!!!!!!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 03-25-2012 10:57 PM

Stilman White; the point guard, is going on a 2 year Mormon mission after the season. He most likely will never play for UNC again.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-26-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka (Post 8493412)
Stilman White; the point guard, is going on a 2 year Mormon mission after the season. He most likely will never play for UNC again.

Well then there you go. Too bad for UNC. The kids has it.

notorious 03-26-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8492595)
Here's your 10th thing: Who's better at kicking a cripple? KU or Ohio State?

Damn GB, you teed that up for the KU fans.

notorious 03-26-2012 07:00 AM

I see that it took KU beating UNC in the tourney for everyone to forgive Roy.

If Roy would have won, the venom would have multiplied by a factor of 4.

No big deal, I have always know that Self was a better coach. His Tulsa teams were excellent, and one of them could have won the whole thing but the got absolutely ****ed by the officials against North Carolina in 2000 in the Elite 8.

Lzen 03-26-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8493064)
Believe me I blame Dean "the KU grad" Smith too. I blamed Roy for lying to the media... "I'll retire at KU." Then he didn't.

My hate for Roy is well past over now. He was obviously torn and went home. Now I'm glad. Self is better.

Yeah, I was pretty angry and disappointed in Roy at the time. Mostly because of him saying he was never leaving and then he ended up leaving. But I got over that and I wish Roy nothing but the best. He was a great coach for KU and gave us a lot of good years of basketball.

But Dean Smith can DIAF! You have to wonder how much of him bugging Roy during the days leading up to that championship game screwed up our preparation and focus.