ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFF talks Chiefs O-line (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258038)

Hammock Parties 04-03-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8514389)
But can we win a playoff game?

Against the right opponent, at HOME, probably.

Forget home playoff games. We aren't winning the division.

whoman69 04-03-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8514366)
If this line would suddenly become a shadow of that 2003-2005 team, is that good enough to win even WITH Cassel? And yes, that's a sincere question.

The defense is certainly better than that team, but Cassel's inconsistency doesn't give them as high a ceiling. Any talk of this being a championship team is moot despite the pieces of the puzzle are added as long as Check Down is under center.

jspchief 04-03-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8514389)
But can we win a playoff game?

Yes.

Probably dependent on the opponent, but yeah. I'm sure playing with a line that dominant and a top 15 defense we would be capable of beating any team.

But hell, Denver won a playoff game with Tim Tebow. Doesn't mean it's a recipe for success.

Micjones 04-03-2012 06:59 AM

Looking forward to the Chiefs taking at least one Interior Offensive Lineman early.
Round 2 or 3 preferably.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8514366)
If this line would suddenly become a shadow of that 2003-2005 team, is that good enough to win even WITH Cassel? And yes, that's a sincere question.

Good enough to win and make the playoffs yes. ANything other than that is a pipe dream.

Cassel has won 10 and 11 games before. Hes not complete garbage contrary to popular belief.

IMO hes one of those guys who plays "just good enough" to save his job and crush your dreams.

htismaqe 04-03-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8514390)
Thanks Haley!

Come on man. That whole paragraph is based on the premise of moving Albert inside and playing Gaither at LT.

Gaither hasn't played a whole season in like 3 years. Do you really want to move Albert for THAT?

yeti 04-03-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blick (Post 8514368)
Which vet?

I like versatility, but for some reason, I don't like guards moving to center. I like natural centers. The center-QB exchange is not something I like putting in the hands of an inexperienced guy.

Philip Rivers says "THIS"

BigMeatballDave 04-03-2012 08:01 AM

I really wish these ****ing morons would STFU about moving Albert.

Easy 6 04-03-2012 08:01 AM

Cassel could have Roaf, Hutchinson, Dawson, Shields and Eric Williams in front of him, and it wouldnt make him any more accurate, stronger or clutch.

I hope Peter King was right yesterday in MMQB when he said 'Matt Cassel shouldnt sleep too lightly on his pillow tonight'.

htismaqe 04-03-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8514527)
Cassel could have Roaf, Hutchinson, Dawson, Shields and Eric Williams in front of him, and it wouldnt make him any more accurate, stronger or clutch.

I hope Peter King was right yesterday in MMQB when he said 'Matt Cassel shouldnt sleep too lightly on his pillow tonight'.

Why should Cassel worry at all? They failed to acquire a QB that can best him in a competition, if indeed there ever even is a competition.

King loves all things Patriot. He's helping his buddy Pioli out by playing up the ruse.

Molitoth 04-03-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Branden Albert inside to his collegiate position of guard
I didn't know Albert was a guard...

BigMeatballDave 04-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8514537)
I didn't know Albert was a guard...

Have you been under a rock?

Saul Good 04-03-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 8514358)
Still would much rather just keep Hudson at center and just get a vet to back him up if he isn't ready.

How can we "keep" Hudson at Center? The guy has never snapped the ball in the NFL nor did he ever start a game there in college.

He was a 3* recruit at Center in high school who blossomed into an All-American Guard in college. How many times do we have to watch the Chiefs switch players' positions around to disasterous results before we quit pining for a patchwork team?

prhom 04-03-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8514552)
How can we "keep" Hudson at Center? The guy has never snapped the ball in the NFL nor did he ever start a game there in college.

He was a 3* recruit at Center in high school who blossomed into an All-American Guard in college. How many times do we have to watch the Chiefs switch players' positions around to disasterous results before we quit pining for a patchwork team?

Hudson is an unknown quantity at center, and none of us know just how comfortable Crennel is going into the season with Hudson as our center. Though one would think he's pretty comfortable with him or I think we'd have been more active in going after Wells. Surely the plan isn't to draft a center and have himstart over a guy we've been working on at that position for a year? Maybe that's our plan a, trade down and take Konz... theres too many variables to know at this point.

beach tribe 04-03-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8514390)
Thanks Haley!

Albert would have just left next off-season to be a LT.