ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Laid Off yesterday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258452)

ChiefFripp 04-14-2012 02:54 PM

Sorry man, but you'll find something .

Frazod 04-14-2012 03:09 PM

That sucks. Good luck finding something else.

Predarat 04-14-2012 03:12 PM

I know the feeling, I have been laid off a few times myself, and its is awful. Luckily one of the layoffs had good timing as I had an interview the Friday after I was laid off and they wanted me to start the next Monday. Hope something like that happens to you. Once was jobs sent overseas, one was a contract situation similar to yours, one the company went bankrupt and the doors of the entire company closed for good. I felt so cursed/jinxed after that 3rd one. The 1st one hurt the worst, it was absolutely stunning and it knocked me off a bit.

In58men 04-14-2012 03:12 PM

Good luck bro

Mr. Flopnuts 04-14-2012 03:45 PM

My suggestion is to take a week or two and relax. Unwind. Get ****ed up, go hiking, do whatever you do for fun. You didn't ask for this, and you got paid for the 2 weeks, enjoy them. File your unemployment, and after a week or two has gone by, get the **** after it.

I've always found this to actually get a job faster than freaking the **** out and scrambling around like the sky is going to fall. You've earned the right to relax for a minute and catch your breath. I highly recommend it.

bevischief 04-14-2012 03:51 PM

Laid off in June found work in August last year as a contractor. Hope for the best for you.

luv 04-14-2012 03:56 PM

You probably didn't get anything before because you were actually "laid off". A lay-off doesn't come with a severance package. I got the same thing from my old company. "This is a lay-off, but none of you will get called back, and here's a severance package." Uh, you're not laying me off. You're firing me. They referred to it as a "permanent lay-off". WTF? Is it no longer politically correct to say "we're firing you"?

R8RFAN 04-14-2012 03:58 PM

When one door closes another one opens.... Take the summer off if you can, come back fresh and eager to work...

Don't panic and don't act desperate when looking for a job.

Good Luck to you

bevischief 04-14-2012 03:58 PM

Who cares as long as unemployment is paying out.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8540849)
You probably didn't get anything before because you were actually "laid off". A lay-off doesn't come with a severance package. I got the same thing from my old company. "This is a lay-off, but none of you will get called back, and here's a severance package." Uh, you're not laying me off. You're firing me. They referred to it as a "permanent lay-off". WTF? Is it no longer politically correct to say "we're firing you"?

Yep. They never say "Fired" anymore.
I wasnt told I was "Laid-off". I was told my position was "eliminated".

R8RFAN 04-14-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8540853)

Good people don't play the system, Good people find a job... If a man can't find a job I am all for him getting the benefits he paid taxes on to receive.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8540853)

Its better than nothing, but its not enough.

luv 04-14-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8540860)
Yep. They never say "Fired" anymore.
I wasnt told I was "Laid-off". I was told my position was "eliminated".

That happened to me the second time. Only, it was true. The entire plant shut down, so everyone's positions were eliminated.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8540852)
When one door closes another one opens.... Take the summer off if you can, come back fresh and eager to work...

Don't panic and don't act desperate when looking for a job.

Good Luck to you

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tQbtXVn-PA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whoman69 04-14-2012 04:11 PM

Sorry to hear that. I was out of work a good portion of last year and 2005. I wouldn't want anyone to repeat that. Good luck in the job search.