ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We could have had Pittsburgh's draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259019)

Red Dawg 04-28-2012 11:35 AM

There is nothing wrong with our draft. All teams need depth and having beef in the trnches is a must for any team to win. We are getting the depth we lack. We do need another safety and RB for sure.

saphojunkie 04-28-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8577558)
A guard in the mid-late first round is an okay pick.

A guard in the fiirst half of the first round is stupid.

Ugh...this is so stupid. There is no ****ing difference between the #11 and the #25 pick. If your guy is gone by round two, he's gone. "You don't shoot a guy at point blank range if you have a sniper rifle!" You do if he's your target.

Unless you don't think Poe would have slid to where DeCastro did. But he would have.

Whatever, we'll see who drafted better on Monday Night Football, when Poe goes against DeCastro and Ta'Amu goes against Jeff Allen.

Bewbies 04-28-2012 11:40 AM

I'm shocked that DeCastro lasted so far into the first. Clearly he was the top talent in the draft, and at a game changing position. Indy picked the wrong Cardinal.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8577585)
Ugh...this is so stupid. There is no ****ing difference between the #11 and the #25 pick. If your guy is gone by round two, he's gone. "You don't shoot a guy at point blank range if you have a sniper rifle!" You do if he's your target.

The first round of the draft is your only opportunity to bring in impact players. Guards are NOT impact players. They are "nice to haves." At the end of the first round, most of your impact or raw impact players are gone. In the beginning of the first round, you don't let those opportunities slip.

A Guard is a ridiculous reach. 1) the best Guards always go at the bottom of the second; 2) very good Guards can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. It's possible the Chiefs found a solid starter without having to burn a #11 pick; 3) Guards are the easiest position to find in free agency.

milkman 04-28-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Unless you don't think Poe would have slid to where DeCastro did. But he would have.

Whatever, we'll see who drafted better on Monday Night Football, when Poe goes against DeCastro and Ta'Amu goes against Jeff Allen.

I don't give a rat's ass of DeCastro, or any ****ing guard, doesn't make back around to my 2nd round selection.

Guard is not an impact position, and I am not wasting a high first round pick on a ****ing non differene making position.

Go **** yourself.

Chief Pote 04-28-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8577600)
I don't give a rat's ass of DeCastro, or any ****ing guard, doesn't make back around to my 2nd round selection.

Guard is not an impact position, and I am not wasting a high first round pick on a ****ing non differene making position.

Go **** yourself.

Hi Dane.

JohnnyHammersticks 04-28-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

I agree 100%. They said the same thing about drafting a Safety with the 5th pick, and I think we'd all agree that we'd still want Berry with that 5th pick. If DeCastro is say...a 7-time Pro Bowl G (he's been compared to Hutchinson and Wisniewski) and your team has a need at G, then he is an impact player for your team! 14 spots on a draft board doesn't impact that in the slightest, except in terms of salary.

Bewbies 04-28-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 8577627)
I agree 100%. They said the same thing about drafting a Safety with the 5th pick, and I think we'd all agree that we'd still want Berry with that 5th pick. If DeCastro is say...a 7-time Pro Bowl G (he's been compared to Hutchinson and Wisniewski) and your team has a need at G, then he is an impact player for your team! 14 spots on a draft board doesn't impact that in the slightest, except in terms of salary.

Absolutely! The NFL is full of idiots that don't understand this...!

JohnnyHammersticks 04-28-2012 12:04 PM

Herm Edwards is a complete embarrassment. I can't stand the guy, and I still almost feel sorry for how big of a fool he makes of himself on ESPN. Does anyone else have a hard time watching him? Maybe it's just me.

TimeForWasp 04-28-2012 12:08 PM

All the steelers picks are rape charge prone.

WhitiE 04-28-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 8577685)
Herm Edwards is a complete embarrassment. I can't stand the guy, and I still almost feel sorry for how big of a fool he makes of himself on ESPN. Does anyone else have a hard time watching him? Maybe it's just me.

I can't stand herm

qabbaan 04-28-2012 12:13 PM

A nose tackle that works out is between us and a top flight defense. Obviously they believe the comparisons between Poe and Ngata. Either way, it's not some left field pick.

Our offensive line was pathetic last year. This offseason we have added two new starters and now look like our line will be very good. When you are behind the eight ball at QB, there is no reason not to improve the line. And out depth was horrendous last year.

I don't see major issues with our draft. I never thought people would bash their heads against the wall over not spending a high pick on a guard. I think people just love to bitch

FloridaMan88 04-28-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8577558)
A guard in the mid-late first round is an okay pick.

A guard in the fiirst half of the first round is stupid.

You haven't dropped dead yet? You are an old, rotting piece of shit

Explain why the Chiefs couldn't have looked to trade down and still be in a position to draft DeCastro.

If they couldn't find a trade partner, I'd still rather have as close to a sure fire thing in the draft (as DeCastro is) than the next Junior Siavii.

FloridaMan88 04-28-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8577600)

Go **** yourself.

Yeah Will Shields wasn't an impact player.

milkman 04-28-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan50/50 (Post 8577735)
You haven't dropped dead yet you old, rotting piece of shit?

Explain why the Chiefs couldn't have looked to trade down and still be in a position to draft DeCastro.

If they couldn't find a trade partner, I'd still rather have as close to a sure fire thing in the draft (as DeCastro is) than the next Junior Siavii.

You've proven over and over again that you are nothing more than a monkey with a keyboard, so I really don't give a rat's ass what you have to say.

Go get a banana and keep pounding away.