ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Your favorite Comic book series? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260343)

Aries Walker 06-09-2012 10:51 AM

Great Lakes Avengers. Hilarious.

Bowser 06-09-2012 10:52 AM

Back in the day, I was an X-Men, Spawn, and Silver Surfer guy. Beach Tribe and I had similar tastes.

Now, I like graphic novels more. I was never really a Justice League fan, but loved loved Kingdom Come. The Sinestro Corp Wars, Planet Hulk, Old Man Logan, Walking Dead, Y: The Last Man. I've heard some good things about Invincible, so I may check that out.

QuikSsurfer 06-09-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8669260)
Spawn

Definitely one of my favorites when I was a kid. The best from Image Comics were Spawn and The Maxx.

Rausch 06-09-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8669271)
Definitely one of my favorites when I was a kid. The best from Image Comics were Spawn and The Maxx.

No one else liked Darkenss?

Wtf?...

QuikSsurfer 06-09-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8669273)
No one else liked Darkenss?

Wtf?...

I haven't read a single one or played either of the video games, unfortunately. I'll look into them.

Rausch 06-09-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8669275)
I haven't read a single one or played either of the video games, unfortunately. I'll look into them.

The games are total $3it.

The comix are good stuff...

ThaVirus 06-09-2012 11:26 AM

I was always into superheroes, not so much into comics. I have read a few though and tend to only like Spider-Man, X-Men and Batman comics. For me, a comic hinges like 90% on the drawing style and the rest on the actual storyline. I like the sleek, new style of the Ultimate comics so Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men are cool. There was this one Batman comic I read with him fighting Superman with superb drawing. I want to say it was Kingdom Come but I could just be making that up. Batman is just cool as shit so I can enjoy any comic I read about him.

Speaking specifically, the comics I like the most are Wolverine: Origins, Marvel: Civil War and the Black Panther wedding with Storm.

Bowser 06-09-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8669317)
I was always into superheroes, not so much into comics. I have read a few though and tend to only like Spider-Man, X-Men and Batman comics. For me, a comic hinges like 90% on the drawing style and the rest on the actual storyline. I like the sleek, new style of the Ultimate comics so Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men are cool. There was this one Batman comic I read with him fighting Superman with superb drawing. I want to say it was Kingdom Come but I could just be making that up. Batman is just cool as shit so I can enjoy any comic I read about him.

Speaking specifically, the comics I like the most are Wolverine: Origins, Marvel: Civil War and the Black Panther wedding with Storm.

I think you're talking about The Dark Knight Returns. Bats takes on Supes, who is then an agent for the governrment. In that story, Bats is like 60 years old. Another great graphic novel read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns

Simply Red 06-09-2012 11:42 AM

Archie, bro, Archie.

ToxSocks 06-09-2012 11:42 AM

Spawn.

The only comic series i was able to ever get into.

Munson 06-09-2012 11:50 AM

in the early to mid 90's:

X-Men
The Death of Superman

ThaVirus 06-09-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8669331)
I think you're talking about The Dark Knight Returns. Bats takes on Supes, who is then an agent for the governrment. In that story, Bats is like 60 years old. Another great graphic novel read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns

I just Googled it and I think it was from Hush. This still came up in the query and it matches the drawing style I like.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jsNaQed5wE...f-superman.jpg

Plus the one I was talking about, I remember Superman being under mind-control. Apprently it was Poison Ivy.

ThaVirus 06-09-2012 12:39 PM

Also, Michael Turner is a beast. Anything he draws is amazing.

big nasty kcnut 06-09-2012 12:45 PM

Justice leagues
Justice society
The flash

Jawshco 06-09-2012 01:34 PM

Ennis' "Welcome Back Frank" Series for the Punisher was pretty great.

I love most anything Batman. "Justice League: Tower of Babel" Shows why he's the ultimate badass. "Hush," "The Dark Knight Returns," "Year One," and "The Killing Joke," were all pretty awesome.

Superman- "For the Man who Has Everything," is one of the best comic books ever. All-Star Superman is also pretty Great.

We3 was a good one if you're looking for something off the wall.

Runaways was probably one of the best concepts for a comic, I'd read when it first came out. Once the traitor was identified, it went steeply down hill, but up until then it's one of my favorites of all time.

I still love Walking Dead... The Prison/Governor stories were the best ones, IMO. It's starting to get interesting again.

I'll agree about Preacher being one of the best adult comics.

Darkness? It's uneven in quality, but the initial story line before he began interacting with the Angles was cool. I kind of got convoluted for me after than point.

I'm not much of a fan of the X-men anymore, but a somewhat recent Uncanny X-Force story line where they're hunting a new Apocalypse in the form of a child was pretty great. Of course they ruin the impact of the ending in subsequent X-titles like they often do, but that's just typical of X-men crap.
X-Factor and Maddrox have had some really good runs in the past when Peter David is at the helm.

Brubaker's Captain America: Winter Soldier run is really good. I've never liked the ol' Cap, so to have any comic writer make me care about his comic seemed unlikely to me, but Brubaker did it. Mark Waid's Rebirth series isn't half bad either.