ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bucky Brooks' Chiefs report (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262049)

Kidd Lex 08-04-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8790219)
Maybe, just maybe Haley really did hold down Cassel.

Who am I kidding? :facepalm:

And the start of last year was a cluster ****. You combine the chaos with no offseason workouts and the new o-coordinator and Haley & Cassels relationship issues maybe, just maybe he doesnt throw int's on screen passes this year.

tredadda 08-04-2012 06:56 AM

That article doesn't really say anything we did not already know. The one exception is how good Cassel looks, but then again he is dealing with little to no pressure. TC Cassel and game time Cassel are two different people. We have everything needed to win a SB, but the QB. Who knows maybe the light will finally come on for him this year. Doubt it but I guess we will see. The good news is that if it does not it will be clear where the weakness on this team is for the front office and they should finally end the Cassel experiment and spend a first round selection on our QBOTF.

BoneKrusher 08-04-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8790232)
That article doesn't really say anything we did not already know. The one exception is how good Cassel looks, but then again he is dealing with little to no pressure.

yep.
the key word is
P R E S S U R E

Rausch 08-04-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8790219)
Maybe, just maybe Haley really did hold down Cassel.

I don't think Haley held him back.

I also don't think he did anything to make him better or play above his talent level.

tredadda 08-04-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8790234)
I don't think Haley held him back.

I also don't think he did anything to make him better or play above his talent level.

Exactly. Haley is not the reason why he over or under threw receivers. Nor is he the reason why he had no composure under pressure or why he would throw an INT at the LOS. Not saying Haley was great and he played a large role in the play calling, but the majority of the mistakes Cassel made were Cassel induced.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-04-2012 07:07 AM

so if Bowe doesnt report by Aug 6th, then he loses a year of Free agency?

Dave Lane 08-04-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8790240)
so if Bowe doesnt report by Aug 6th, then he loses a year of Free agency?

lol wut?

LOCOChief 08-04-2012 09:26 AM

I think that there have been multiple things weighing on Cassel’s confidence especially through the first half of last season. The differences between these starting qbs primarily is their ability to handle all types of pressure. His chaotic relationship with his head coach, multiple OC's, revolving door at RT and no running game didn't help.

I say if someone has the basic physical tools which I believe Cassel has, an injection of confidence mixed with a little pissed off attitude with something to prove he could make a lot of us including myself eat our words.

notorious 08-04-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 8790224)
And the start of last year was a cluster ****. You combine the chaos with no offseason workouts and the new o-coordinator and Haley & Cassels relationship issues maybe, just maybe he doesnt throw int's on screen passes this year.

Hope is a killer, isn't it?

For some reason I still have a little hope for the season by rationalizing why the pile of shit at QB stinks so bad. I will soon be reminded once again why it stinks.

Gonzo 08-04-2012 09:48 AM

Well, we have two 1,000 yard RB's that are both good for 10+ TD's. A decent receiver's crew and a decent O-line. If Cassel can just manage the games, they should be good for ten wins.
If Cassel can have two or three good games, they can win 12.
Then again, it can go the other way and they shit the bed.

KChiefs1 08-04-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 8789942)
I don't know what it is, I just know I likes it...a LOT.

:thumb:

oldman 08-04-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8790368)
Well, we have two 1,000 yard RB's that are both good for 10+ TD's. A decent receiver's crew and a decent O-line. If Cassel can just manage the games, they should be good for ten wins.
If Cassel can have two or three good games, they can win 12.
Then again, it can go the other way and they shit the bed.

This is pretty much how I see this season as well. I think we're pretty well loaded on both sides of the ball, with one exception, the QB. I'm not going to moan and groan, it is what it is. But until we get someone that can win a game insted of manage a game under center, don't buy any SB tickets.

Mr. Laz 08-04-2012 11:05 AM

won't know shit until the real hitting starts

Baldwin and Hillis should be fine, they are big enough to still do their jobs.

Cassel under real pressue and McSmurf getting bumped around probably won't look as good.

i've pretty much always thought that Haley did a shitty job of teaching/installing the offense. He was all mouth and very little substance. Haley and Goonther seem pretty dam similar to me. They both yell and talk tough but both need their hands held by someone else on their side of the ball.

Hopefully Daboll is doing better.

jspchief 08-04-2012 11:23 AM

Cam Newton and Andy Dalton will get a full off season this year, so they won't suck like they did last year.

TRR 08-04-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8790237)
Exactly. Haley is not the reason why he over or under threw receivers. Nor is he the reason why he had no composure under pressure or why he would throw an INT at the LOS. Not saying Haley was great and he played a large role in the play calling, but the majority of the mistakes Cassel made were Cassel induced.

This will be the "no excuse" year. All supposed obstacles have been removed. From the time I have spent in camp this year (and I have spent time at Chiefs camp every year since Cassel came to KC) he has looked way more comfortable with progressions and the offense in general.

Let's be honest, when he had an offensive coordinator (Weis and McDaniels) that had one vision, he looked competent. When he hasn't, he's looked completely lost. Last year was an abortion on offense from a coaching standpoint. Let's appoint a OC that's never called plays and have him relay them down to the QC coach to relay them in to Cassel, but before that happens, let's have Haley approve or veto the call. It was never going to work regardless of who the QB was...

It's put up or shut up for Cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device