ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football High School Record for Career Touchdowns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263638)

Luke Warm 09-14-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 8909409)
Pfffttt!!! I scored 4 touchdowns in 1 game!!!
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/209/4518/1024/al065b.jpg

Nuff said!

DJ's left nut 09-14-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8909511)
In all seriousness, and I know I'm a Jayhawk, but WTF is wrong with Mizzou football? You guys get so many great players. NFL players! Not just great in college. Why the hell can't you ever pay this off? I just don't understand why they weren't up there with Texas every year. It makes no sense.

BTW you also have one of the most prolific HS wide receivers coming in also. If you can't make it happen with those two, just cancel the program.

Don't think Mizzou fans don't ask these same questions.

If Yost can't develop a premier offense around Mauk and DGB, we need to move on.

But also - let's be honest, we had a #1 ranked squad that ended the season in the top 5 when we had our most premier players (Maclin, Daniel, Spoon, Hood, Moore, Coffman, etc...). It's not like we went out there and won 5 games. When Mizzou had it's premium talent, it had some great seasons. It also had its best coordinator in Christensen whereas Yost just isn't that good.

Now compare our talent to the talent that is winning titles in Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc... and you can see that while Mizzou's was great, those guys were just a little bit better.

loochy 09-14-2012 11:30 AM

My wife graduated from Aledo. We've gone to see plenty of their games and I've seen plenty of Jonathan Gray. Even in the state championship games, nobody can touch him. He was really just unstoppable. However, he's not exactly big and I don't know how long he can last at the college level. He got a few carries last week in a blowout win against New Mexico.

loochy 09-14-2012 11:31 AM

Fun trivia: the girl that Bobby Petrino was messing around with and crashed a motorcycle with also went to this school.

Deberg_1990 09-14-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8909575)
My wife graduated from Aledo. We've gone to see plenty of their games and I've seen plenty of Jonathan Gray. Even in the state championship games, nobody can touch him. He was really just unstoppable. However, he's not exactly big and I don't know how long he can last at the college level. He got a few carries last week in a blowout win against New Mexico.

I believe UT has him rotating with Malcolm Brown who was another top Texas recruit and whos a bigger back. Either way, it’s a pretty nice backfield they have. Wouldn’t surprise me if they both get drafted in a few years.

loochy 09-14-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8909600)
I believe UT has him rotating with Malcolm Brown who was another top Texas recruit and whos a bigger back. Either way, it’s a pretty nice backfield they have. Wouldn’t surprise me if they both get drafted in a few years.

I dunno man...they need to put some meat on him or he's gonna be broken in half in 2 years. I worry that the extra weight will kill his speed burst.

Also, I think his dad was some sort of stud RB for Texas Tech back in the day.

One more trivia tidbit: The Aledo school district gave Gray's mom a job at the school so he could attend their school and play football.

Mr. Plow 09-14-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8909445)
His Rivals profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...an-Gray-103880

BTW: Even better stat line for Mizzou's incoming quarterback, Maty Mauk:

382/566, 5,413 yds passing, 68 TDs. In addition he had 241 carries for 1,768 yards and 24 more touchdowns.

That's right - over 7,000 yards of total offense and a staggering 92 touchdowns. And he wasn't much worse than that in 2010 when he threw for 5600 yds, 69 TDs and rushed for 16 more.

He's the most prolific quarterback in HS football history.

Wow!

Amnorix 09-14-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 8909346)
Meh. /cp
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EjzdHNnwUBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched over half that video (pretty boring). I never really saw him plant his foot and change direction at all... of course he didn't really have to or anything. He just looks like a sprinter; upright and fast as ****.

I really like the offensive lineman who dives to tackle the ankle of the would-be defender at the :44 second mark. Uhh...yeah, that's not legal.

loochy 09-14-2012 11:45 AM

I don't know what Aledo will do this year without him. It was just a handoff to him 90% of the time.

FD 09-14-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8909600)

He is actually the third string back after Joe Bergeron and Malcolm Brown, who was also a top RB recruit. Texas' backfield is just loaded.

loochy 09-14-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FD (Post 8909654)
He is actually the third string back after Joe Bergeron and Malcolm Brown, who was also a top RB recruit. Texas' backfield is just loaded.

Good because their QB is awful.

Demonpenz 09-14-2012 12:39 PM

Reggie Bush wasn't touched in HS

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-14-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8909417)
Johnny Manziel is his name, just looked it up. Just in his Sr HS season the guy threw for 3600 yrds 66comp%, 45 TD's 5 INT's, and ran for 1670 more yrds and 30 TD's while avg almost 10ypc.

75 TD's in one season....That's nuckin futs.

Yeah, I watched them play the Gators last week. He looked great the first half and I thought to myself there's our QBOTF but they stunk it up the second half. I take him right now over Cassel though. He's gonna be good.

whoman69 09-14-2012 01:13 PM

He better come out early. I'm sure Texas is going to run him to death. That's a ridiculous number of carries for a HS player.