ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why does this team fail to show up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263878)

New World Order 09-18-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8923958)
This can also be viewed as lack of leadership. Cassel is a wannabe leader, but nobody on the team gives a rat's a** about his presence.
Have you ever seen the offense huddling on the sidelines trying to make things better? They go through the motions, then Cassel tries to put his hat on alone having that "I am grading out really well" look and nobody else within sight....

No one respects Cassel on the team, does anyone have that Tamba Hali quote about Kyle Orton last year, it was about how he appreciated having a qb that could extend drives.

gold_and_red 09-18-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8923915)
No.

The personnel on this defense is actually quite good. There is a lot of guys on this roster who have shown flashes and who have played hard.

The base 34 scheme sucks for defending the modern offense in the NFL.

Everyone around here bitched like Kim Kardashian on the rag about the "spread offense" two years ago, but, like I said, it's the wave, and the NFL will be riding it sooner rather than later. The base 34 isn't a good defense to defend against a no huddle spread and the Chiefs are showing why.

Now, at this point, I don't care.

I hope they tank the season, get Geno Smith as their first round draft pick and convince Urban Meyer to come coach the team.

With those two guys, this team can be competitive immediately.

We can't seem to stop anybody, let alone a high flying spread offense.
Week 1 it is the stud WRs and Matt Ryan against a depleted secondary, Week 2 we can't stop the run, so where is the issue again? Every week it is a new problem..I am just tired of this BS!!

el borracho 09-18-2012 05:24 AM

Why does this team fail to show up?

1. No quaterback
2. No head coach

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2012 05:31 AM

There are no leaders on the team. Period. Not amongst the players and not amongst the coaches. No passion, no spirit. They look flat the moment they run out on the field. You could see it in pre-season and just like the shitty play, the shitty attitude has carried over into the regular season...

Rausch 09-18-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8923864)
Is Cassel the root of the problem here?

If this team gets down a couple scores, does this team quit because they know who's playing behind center?

Did you see the way the Donks defense stepped it up in the 4th because they KNEW if they got him the ball back he could win?

Well, Imagine the opposite. Imagine a team knowing their efforts are fruitless. Unless THEY score there is no come back.

chiefzilla1501 09-18-2012 06:02 AM

I hate Cassel, but how can anyone say it's the quarterback and not coaching?

Over the last 20 years, the hardest fought game I have ever seen the Chiefs play was their effort against the Steelers in a loss last year. Despite horrendous play from the QB, they battled and fought. Sorry, but if you can motivate yourself behind Palko, you can motivate yourself behind anyone.

The team is soft. Some of us called that a long time ago when Romeo was hired. Romeo doesn't make players want to hit people. He values the film room more than the weight room. He's not going to demand focus from players. He's not going to pump a team up. He is too quiet to be taken seriously when he's angry. He is the ultimate player's coach.

chiefzilla1501 09-18-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8923923)
I posted some info yesterday that I thought more about earlier today.

Is it just a coincidence that Romeo started calling his defense more aggressively once Cassel got hurt last year, or is he actively trying to put Cassel in position to fail by giving up early points and getting him out of his comfort zone?

Last year, he did the same thing while Cassel was out there.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his defense came alive when Cassels hand broke.

No. This is way off as a conspiracy theory.

Romeo knows how much is at stake for him. He knows he has a really, really bad reputation as a head coach. He's not going to sabotage it by taking what was deemed to be a division-winner favorite just to get his way at QB. And at the age of 70, he's not going to want to spend this year on project QBs. He needs to win now.

Rausch 09-18-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8924037)
No. This is way off as a conspiracy theory.

Romeo knows how much is at stake for him. He knows he has a really, really bad reputation as a head coach. He's not going to sabotage it by taking what was deemed to be a division-winner favorite just to get his way at QB. And at the age of 70, he's not going to want to spend this year on project QBs. He needs to win now.

I don't know what the reason is but his defense is night and day different from last year...

Aspengc8 09-18-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8923915)
No.

The personnel on this defense is actually quite good. There is a lot of guys on this roster who have shown flashes and who have played hard.

The base 34 scheme sucks for defending the modern offense in the NFL.

Everyone around here bitched like Kim Kardashian on the rag about the "spread offense" two years ago, but, like I said, it's the wave, and the NFL will be riding it sooner rather than later. The base 34 isn't a good defense to defend against a no huddle spread and the Chiefs are showing why.

Now, at this point, I don't care.

I hope they tank the season, get Geno Smith as their first round draft pick and convince Urban Meyer to come coach the team.

With those two guys, this team can be competitive immediately.

Your confusing 'spread offense' with just spreading the field. NFL offenses have always taken advantage of 4 & 5WR sets to spread the field, ala air raid.

The 'spread offense' uses 3 & 4WR packages to spread the D out in order to create running lanes for the QB/RB read option.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 06:45 AM

It's all of the above but mostly the players imo. We have a whole bunch of lazy asses who could care less about winning. There is very little leadership on the field. It's time to clean house imo.

BoneKrusher 09-18-2012 06:48 AM

they always miss the "Hey Ho, Let's Go Bus"?

the Talking Can 09-18-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8923923)
I posted some info yesterday that I thought more about earlier today.

Is it just a coincidence that Romeo started calling his defense more aggressively once Cassel got hurt last year, or is he actively trying to put Cassel in position to fail by giving up early points and getting him out of his comfort zone?

Last year, he did the same thing while Cassel was out there.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his defense came alive when Cassels hand broke.

this is really stupid, stop saying it

htismaqe 09-18-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8924062)
Your confusing 'spread offense' with just spreading the field. NFL offenses have always taken advantage of 4 & 5WR sets to spread the field, ala air raid.

The 'spread offense' uses 3 & 4WR packages to spread the D out in order to create running lanes for the QB/RB read option.

This, kind of.

The NFL has always used sets to create favorable WR matchups.

The actual spread offense not only uses multi-WR sets but it also SPACES THE LINEMEN to create running lanes for the read option.

People always talk about spread QBs and how they can't translate to the NFL. The dirtier secret is how many spread linemen make it in the NFL. Just take a look at some of the true spread teams and how many linemen they produce.

htismaqe 09-18-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8924086)
It's all of the above but mostly the players imo. We have a whole bunch of lazy asses who could care less about winning. There is very little leadership on the field. It's time to clean house imo.

Just goes to show you can sleep off sambuca but you can't sleep off stupid.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8924097)
Just goes to show you can sleep off sambuca but you can't sleep off stupid.

You don't quit where I come from. It's not OK. None of us should invest in a team that doesn't care about playing hard for us.