ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Berry vs Gates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264422)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8961840)
You're a lamp ****er

LMAOLMAOLMAO

trndobrd 09-30-2012 06:05 PM

Last year everyone was praising RAC for double teaming Gates and not letting him get off the line. Wonder what happened to that game plan. Putting Berry on Gates is nothing more than setting up Berry to fail.

MahiMike 09-30-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8963734)
The lack of adjustments by RAC was what was particularly disturbing.

huh? The last 2 games our 2nd half adjustments were exceptional.

Rain Man 09-30-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 8964719)
Last year everyone was praising RAC for double teaming Gates and not letting him get off the line. Wonder what happened to that game plan. Putting Berry on Gates is nothing more than setting up Berry to fail.

Wow, that's a really good point. I forgot about that.

As much as I complained about the pass interference calls, the second one against Berry was warranted and the first one could probably have gone either way.

InChiefsHeaven 09-30-2012 06:49 PM

Berry was taken to school by one of the best tight ends in the history of the game. FFS...why would RAC put him on an island like that?

richpjr 09-30-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Last year Gates was gimping around on bad feet and had trouble running. This year he is healthy.

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8964852)
huh? The last 2 games our 2nd half adjustments were exceptional.

Too bad the game was over after the first half, it would be nice of Romeo could make these adjustments before garbage time arrived. (Hint: An actual defensive coordinator might be ideal here.)

Saccopoo 10-01-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

That's bullshit.

Berry was drafted top five to shut down guys like Gates, not get raped by them.

If putting Berry on Gates is setting Berry up to fail, then spending a top five pick on a frickin' safety is fail and the GM who did it is ultimate fail.

The Franchise 10-01-2012 09:45 AM

Berry isn't 100% back and RAC is a ****ing reerun.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2012 09:52 AM

Earl Thomas looks more dominating than Berry IMO.

But im willing to cut Berry some slack because i think Crennel is a sh*t head coach that doesnt know how to put players in a position to succeed. He also get another year pass because of the recovery time from injury.

Chiefnj2 10-01-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8964970)
Berry was taken to school by one of the best tight ends in the history of the game. FFS...why would RAC put him on an island like that?

Shouldn't you be able to put a top 5 draft pick and one of the "best" safety prospects in a decade on an island?

scho63 10-01-2012 10:00 AM

Gates should have been double covered. Then after he started tearing Berry a new asshole and Berry had two PI penalties, Romeo let him stay there taking his lumps.

That to me is really bad coaching......

Gates is a big, great receiver and Berry was two steps behind the whole game-looked like a pop warner player vs a pro.

Saccopoo 10-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8966517)
Earl Thomas looks more dominating than Berry IMO.

But im willing to cut Berry some slack because i think Crennel is a sh*t head coach that doesnt know how to put players in a position to succeed. He also get another year pass because of the recovery time from injury.

Just throwing it out, but didn't Berry lead all NFL safety's in TD's given up in 2010?

Perhaps the guy isn't that good of a pass defender. That has certainly been the case so far in 2012.

And I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the knee thing, but I'm pretty certain that Charles had the same knee situation and he went for over 200 yards against NO and was the one bright spot against the Chargers.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8966522)
Shouldn't you be able to put a top 5 draft pick and one of the "best" safety prospects in a decade on an island?

Not without a consistant pass rush. Hali, Houston, entire starting D-line were nearly invisible again........

ThaVirus 10-01-2012 10:17 AM

I will admit, Berry Is much worse at coverage than I thought his skillset would indicate. At the same time, he's faaarr better against the run than I would have imagined.

Gates is one of the best receiving TEs of all time and quite possibly a HOFer. Berry is essentially a sophomore player, recovering from a devastating injury, that was left completely alone to cover him in the middle of the field. Go back and watch that first drive. There literally wasn't another player within 10 feet of them on any given play. He would have done that to Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu as well.