ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW: Week 5 Predictions... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264505)

vailpass 10-01-2012 12:10 PM

Chiefs.
Pats.
Bolts.

jsanara 10-01-2012 12:19 PM

chiefs and chargers wins

donks and silver and Bad lose

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 12:54 PM

Saint's get their first win

Donks get destroyed by 30

Chiefs get pummeled

Glad we are not playing this week.

Mile High Mania 10-01-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8967028)
Saint's get their first win

Donks get destroyed by 30

Chiefs get pummeled

Glad we are not playing this week.

Destroyed by 30? It's going to be a tough game to win, no doubt... but 30? I think it could be a very high scoring affair for both teams.

BoneKrusher 10-01-2012 01:47 PM

where's the don't give a shit option?

vailpass 10-01-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8967220)
Destroyed by 30? It's going to be a tough game to win, no doubt... but 30? I think it could be a very high scoring affair for both teams.

NY Giants blueprint for NE: IF Elvis, Miller, Mays can get to Brady early with some hard hits that leave him on his back Denver can stay in the game IMHO.
I 'm curious to see if Del Rio comes after Tommy Boy early.

Mile High Mania 10-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8967226)
NY Giants blueprint for NE: IF Elvis, Miller, Mays can get to Brady early with some hard hits that leave him on his back Denver can stay in the game IMHO.
I 'm curious to see if Del Rio comes after Tommy Boy early.

That's the key - I think the Denver offense can and will have a good bit of success against that NE defense, they're not great and they give up yards and points.

The critical questions for Denver -
1 - can Denver pressure Brady?
2 - can they contain Gronk?

They rolled out an interesting twist yesterday with 7 DBs. Can they do that and win in NE? I don't know - that gives Brady too much time. They need to mix it up, rattle him... but they also need to be steadfast in their coverage of Gronk and Welker.

Denver can't let what happened vs ATL and HOU repeat itself early.

If I were betting $ - gimme NE... it's just tough to beat them, with that offense on their home turf.

Fritz88 10-01-2012 02:08 PM

MHM you are a great poster and even a better person i am sure, but i hate your predict threads. They tell me, "hey, more shit Chiefs football next Sunday".

:(
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania 10-01-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8967286)
MHM you are a great poster and even a better person i am sure, but i hate your predict threads. They tell me, "hey, more shit Chiefs football next Sunday".

:(
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry bud... I honestly don't think we know what the division looks like to be honest with you. I do have high aspirations for Denver, but I don't expect too many 'easy' games like the Raiders. I was surprised that wasn't more of a battle.

I'm not a believer in SD at all and I think KC is dangerous... true, the QB situation sucks, but I think you guys are headed for some good game - not Baltimore though, they're just sick.

Anyway, my point is - I think the AFCW title will come down to the final weeks and we could be surprised with who wins it.

I haven't changed my expectations with Denver at all really - it's great to see the offense move with a real QB again, but the defense has been sporadic. Hell, in weeks 2 and 3 - the offense was slow out of the gates.

We'll see how things go the next few games.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8967220)

We have no defense therefore we can't stop Peyton...We couldn't his him all day, They do.

I am not a Donk fan and I know you guys are better than us this year and I swear I have no sour grapes and fully expect to be in the basement of the AFCW this year but the Donks are not that good compared to the good NFL teams, you will shine against the bad ones but the first team that gets to Peyton a few times will show you the same thing.

Mile High Mania 10-01-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8967351)
We have no defense therefore we can't stop Peyton...We couldn't his him all day, They do.

I am not a Donk fan and I know you guys are better than us this year and I swear I have no sour grapes and fully expect to be in the basement of the AFCW this year but the Donks are not that good compared to the good NFL teams, you will shine against the bad ones but the first team that gets to Peyton a few times will show you the same thing.

It's more than Peyton ... it's the defense. ATL and HOU tore 'em up and the offense was late to respond.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8967377)
It's more than Peyton ... it's the defense. ATL and HOU tore 'em up and the offense was late to respond.

I know you have high hopes because you have a small window to get this ship righted.... I just don't see anything in Denver when I look at the elite teams in the NFL. Some are not playing good now but they will be soon.

Mile High Mania 10-01-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8967388)
I know you have high hopes because you have a small window to get this ship righted.... I just don't see anything in Denver when I look at the elite teams in the NFL. Some are not playing good now but they will be soon.

I dunno... offensively, they have a lot of nice weapons. They may not be as proven as other teams, but the WRs, TEs and McGahee provide great options for Peyton and they will continue to show continuity and positive production.

It's all defense for me at this point... that's the big area of concern, too much bend and try not to break. Denver has never had a defensive identity, nothing that lasted more than 3 years. Look at what they've churned through the last 7 seasons - 7 DC's.

I think they can definitely win the AFCW... but, that's likely it for this season. We'll see. Baltimore and Houston are two really tough AFC powers right now.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8967420)
I dunno... offensively, they have a lot of nice weapons. They may not be as proven as other teams, but the WRs, TEs and McGahee provide great options for Peyton and they will continue to show continuity and positive production.

It's all defense for me at this point... that's the big area of concern, too much bend and try not to break. Denver has never had a defensive identity, nothing that lasted more than 3 years. Look at what they've churned through the last 7 seasons - 7 DC's.

I think they can definitely win the AFCW... but, that's likely it for this season. We'll see. Baltimore and Houston are two really tough AFC powers right now.

That Center being placed on IR can't help

vailpass 10-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8967429)
That Center being placed on IR can't help

Denver signed his replacement a few weeks ago, great pick up by the best front office in the AFC West.