ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Getting close to done (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264514)

oldandslow 10-01-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8967392)
There's a reason no head coach has ever won a super bowl with two different teams.

No retreads.

If Mike Shanahan had come to KC and insisted on trading the entire draft for RG 3, I would have taken it in a heartbeat...

sometimes retreads aren't all bad.

KChiefs1 10-01-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8967177)
Are you Rufus Dawes?

LMAO

Idahojim 10-01-2012 03:21 PM

Rufus

Not me. And I could never find out, even though I was writing for the Chiefs at the time. Bob Moore swore it wasn't him. But really have no idea.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 8967599)
Not me. And I could never find out, even though I was writing for the Chiefs at the time. Bob Moore swore it wasn't him. But really have no idea.

It was Carl Peterson.

ZepSinger 10-01-2012 04:53 PM

I was close to done 5 years ago. Now the Chiefs are like that old girlfriend that I think about occasionally, but have absolutely no interest in ever being involved with again.

Z

Rausch 10-01-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepSinger (Post 8967890)
I was close to done 5 years ago. Now the Chiefs are like that old girlfriend that I think about occasionally, but have absolutely no interest in ever being involved with again.

Z

Who has 4 kids and herpes and calls out of the blue once a year asking for money...

Caseyguyrr 10-01-2012 05:13 PM

see ya

Shaid 10-01-2012 06:04 PM

I have no problem with how Pioli is buidling this team EXCEPT for the QB position. No coach/team/owner/whatever is worth a damn if they don't address the biggest team need. Clark just needs to tell Pioli that he's going to go out and trade up or do whatever the hell else he needs to do to pull in a franchise QB. Hell, do you think the Redskins are happy they have RGIII right now? How about Luck on the Colts? Go out and try damnit. The pieces are in place for this to be a good team but we won't win shit with this QB. I think Romeo knows it and I think Pioli knows it too. He just can't pull the trigger on trading up as far as we need to so we can make it happen. That's the ultimatum this year that Clark needs to make.

For a Head coach, give me a Harbaugh/Tomlin type. Young and fired up but smart. I thought Haley could be that coach but he couldn't control his emotions. He'd shoot you in the head and rip out your heart if you didn't supersize his fries correctly. It just doesn't work. Romeo is too laid back and simply can't handle the HC and DC gig. He can't, he just misses too many of the small things.

bevischief 10-01-2012 06:07 PM

I have Sunday Ticket my first game of the day will not be the Keystone Chiefs at this point.

boogblaster 10-01-2012 06:10 PM

been a fan since the early 60s myself .. and yes its hard to watch anymore ,,,,,

DonInDenver 10-01-2012 06:47 PM

I watch them when they are on out here in Denver, which means not very often. I have followed this team since their one and only SB victory year. I, like others here watch and laugh, I have grown past the point of having any feeling for this team. I spend no money on them whatsoever, I invest no emotional ties either. I am a casual fan now. That is the only way I can remain a fan. If I invest anything more, it just get's plowed under like this year's wheat crop after harvest.

dilligaf 10-01-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 8967215)
Jim,

It really helps to not give a crap. I spent half the game laughing yesterday. My wife and I both prefer it to throwing things and yelling.
Pm me if you ever want to get together to have a beer and commiserate. I've tried in the past to have a chiefs planet meet up but it's never worked out and now I think there are only 3 active guys from our area.

I live in Southern Idaho and would be up for a little get together sometime. If I was married to a woman that disappointed me and turned her back on me like this team has in the last 20 some years, I would divorce her ass. Yet I keep rooting for this team year after year with the hope of better things to come.:huh:

Bill Lundberg 10-01-2012 08:19 PM

Rufus??

threebag 10-01-2012 08:44 PM

Rufus R. Jones

The Mother ****ing Freight Train

Simply Red 10-01-2012 08:53 PM

IdahoJim - what's you favorite barbeque in KC?