ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How much is enough?... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264959)

FlaChief58 10-10-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8999972)
Brady Quinn taking this team to the AFC Championship Game this year would cure alot.

For the short term, yes but, there is still a cancer in this organization that needs to be cut out. His name is Pissholy

Crush 10-10-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 8999961)
So if Pioli drafted Geno Smith, you still wouldn't be happy?

No. That egotistical ****stick has to go as well. He is the opposite of Batman.

PRIEST 10-10-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8999952)
YOU Fire Pioli, Crennel and Cassel

Get a solid GM, Hire a real NFL coach and draft a 1st rd QB and you wont be able to get a ticket in this town for a game.

Its not rocket science. 3 cuts = sell outs and a fan frenzy...

This

Bugeater 10-10-2012 07:30 PM

**** Cassel, **** Romeo just hanging around to pad his retirement, **** Pioli and **** his goddamn worthless Patriot way. **** 'em all.

Rausch 10-10-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Brady Quinn taking this team to the AFC Championship Game this year would cure alot.

:drool:

seclark 10-10-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9000003)
**** Cassel, **** Romeo just hanging around to pad his retirement, **** Pioli and **** his goddamn worthless Patriot way. **** 'em all.

you ****in-ay...**** them all.
sec

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 07:50 PM

Don't kid yourselves. PeeWee gone and draft a QB R. 1 will cause many a Chief fan to fall in line.

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 07:51 PM

I've said this in other threads.....If Romeo, Pioli, AND Cassel are all here next season and if Cassel is the starting QB, then I'm done being a fan of this team.

PERIOD.

Romeo is losing my trust more and more every game he coaches just by how he turns into Herm ****ing Edwards when the clock is winding down. The Saints game had me 10000x more pissed off than the way he handled the last part of the 1st half vs Baltimore. Cassel could have played much better and the situation would have been much different had he not shit his pants. But there was NO excuse for not going for the win in New Orleans instead of letting Drew Brees get the ball back.

el borracho 10-10-2012 09:01 PM

Cut Cassel
Fire Crennel
Draft and start the right 1st round QB

Do these three things and you might have a chance in this league.

Rausch 10-10-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9000102)

Romeo is losing my trust more and more every game he coaches just by how he turns into Herm ****ing Edwards when the clock is winding down.

Romeo and Ca$$hole might be the worst in the league at clock management...

Cannibal 10-10-2012 09:19 PM

The Chiefs are what they are; a small market team that isn't going to win jack shit. I still watch them most sundays, but I know they are a franchise that will not take the necessary steps to win a championship. So in reality, I suppose it doesn't really matter a whole helluvs lot what happens after this season concludes.

DeezNutz 10-10-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 8999961)
So if Pioli drafted Geno Smith, you still wouldn't be happy?

**** no. Pioli is a piece of ****ing shit who cannot get out of town soon enough.

Every KC fan should share this perspective.

DeezNutz 10-10-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

"Congratulations, you don't have AIDS. You have HIV."

I truly don't give a mother**** what Quinn does the rest of the year. Fire Pioli and draft a QB in the first.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:27 PM

Can someone educate me on how fast a good GM and coach should take to turn around a team? One season? Two? Three? What did we see with Belichick and his GM in New England? With Ozzie in Baltimore? With whoever runs things in Green Bay and San Francisco? What should we expect?

With a GM, I have a hard time with a three-year leash. I think it's a longer process than that if you allow any room for error, and errors are going to happen. No one drafts perfectly.

With a coach, it seems like you should see improvement by the second year or definitely the third.

With a quarterback, you expect a veteran to come in and do well immediately.

That's my thinking. Apparently most of you think the timeline for a GM should be shorter than three years, and that the time line for a coach should be shorter than two seasons. If so, what is the timeline?

FAX 10-10-2012 09:32 PM

Hmmm ...

Depends on the squad.

In general, I think a 4 to 5 year term for the GM makes sense. Especially now that there is draft slotting. Between that and FA, you should be able to formulate your plan, acquire the necessary players, and execute with expectations of seeing the program flourish in year 4.

As for head coaches, I give them the same amount of time. Except, of course, if they suck really bad. Like if they have a good squad but the squad obviously under-performs or if too many game-day decisions are bone-headed and stuff.

Rookie quarterbacks get 3 years to get with the program. Veteran quarterbacks, 2 years depending upon the complexity of the offensive scheme.

Waterboys get 2 years in case of a water shortage.

FAX