ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I was this close () from becoming Pavement Man. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265328)

Bugeater 10-17-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9026631)
Dang, Mr. Rain Man. Glad you're okay.

In honor of your survival, I shall assist you with a poll to celebrate your good fortune.

Poll: How close was it?

A) This close.
B) That close.
C) Close enough, by God.
D) Too close for comfort.
E) Close enough to use the same toothpick.
F) Close as two coats of paint.
G) Too close to call.
H) Close enough to count in horseshoes.
I) Gazzy Wazzy.

FAX

That could've been an entirely new thread.

Frazod 10-17-2012 08:58 PM

Some prick almost took out my wife while she was crossing the street earlier in the year. He didn't actually hit her, but she had to leap out of the way and the ****er didn't even slow down. Didn't get a plate number. We did look for the car a bit but she couldn't identify it.

Simply Red 10-17-2012 08:59 PM

Always expect the unexpected when you're 100 yards or further from your crib. Always have an exit out.

Rain Man 10-17-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

In honor of your survival, I shall assist you with a poll to celebrate your good fortune.

A) This close.
B) That close.
C) Close enough, by God.
G) Too close to call.
I) Gazzy Wazzy.

FAX

I would definitely go for Option D.

LiveSteam 10-17-2012 09:00 PM

I would have shot his tires out

Rasputin 10-17-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

A) This close.
B) That close.
C) Close enough, by God.
G) Too close to call.
I) Gazzy Wazzy.

FAX

Poll fail. Rain Man likes the Omaha Omaha Omaha option over Gaz now days. So it must have been Omaha Omaha Omaha run for -2yards close.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2012 09:04 PM

I like being Rain Man's facebook friend, because now I get little status update trailers for his Chiefsplanet threads. It's very exciting.

Rain Man 10-17-2012 09:08 PM

(My wrist hurts now.)

On a slightly different note, we have this big parkway near our house that's east-west, and is configured like this: bike lane, road lane, big wide grassy area, road lane, bike lane. It's very residential, so it's not busy at all.

At one point it intersects with a slightly busy street, so there's a light. We often do take the boulevard to the slightly busy street and then turn right to go to the mall.

Well, if you miss the light, you're sitting there waiting for it to turn so you can make your right, and meanwhile the bikers are going about their business. It's very lightly traveled, so you may see a couple of bikes, but never more than that.

When the light turns green and I want to make my right, occasionally there'll be a bike coming up in the bike lane. Now, if the bike wants to go straight, he/she is going to cross the path of my right turn. But I'm there first. I always make sure to not go and let the bike go, but I'm surprised at how they never seem cautious about it. If I'm on a bike and I see a car at the light with it's right turn signal on as the light is turning green, I'm not just going to blithely keep cruising right into its path and trust that it sees me. People making right turns are not inclined to look in their right mirror. I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more people hit at that intersection.

And I presume that the bikes have the right of way, but it's just weird that I'm there ahead of them and am supposed to notice them passing me on the right when my light turns green.

Rain Man 10-17-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9026653)
I like being Rain Man's facebook friend, because now I get little status update trailers for his Chiefsplanet threads. It's very exciting.

I feel kind of guilty about that. It's like I'm some tiresome bore repeating my story at a dinner party.

stevieray 10-17-2012 09:16 PM

...those one ways in and out from downtown, capitol hill up to wash park were always crazy hazardous...glad you had your radar on!!

Buehler445 10-17-2012 09:36 PM

Glad you're not dead, Rainman.

BoneKrusher 10-17-2012 09:38 PM

wow, glad you're safe Bro, sounds like a close call.

KS Smitty 10-17-2012 09:43 PM

I'm glad you're ok. Pavement Man is nowhere near as cool as Rain Man.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-17-2012 10:11 PM

RM if you die can I have your Dr. Pepper?

Imon Yourside 10-17-2012 10:14 PM

You made it through, now move on to do some near death experience vids.