ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mike Holmgren (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265674)

BlackHelicopters 10-25-2012 10:35 AM

Who is the KC GM who hires Holmgren?

King_Chief_Fan 10-25-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9048134)
Holmgren told the media today that he might be interested in coaching again. Said that he missed being on the sideline. Now I think Mike sucks as a GM, but its hard to argue his success as a head coach.

I have long thought that if we draft a QB #1 over all, we need to have an offensive coach to help guide and mold him. Hard to argue against Holmgren wouldn't be a good fit in that respect.

I also think that his experience as a GM might help foster mutual respect between he and Pioli (if he is retained). Just a thought.

Flame away.

Yes Dane, I know, I'm a ****ing idiot.

no, no no....after being in Cleveland as GM the stupids have rubbed off on him and we already have some of that

thebrad84 10-25-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9048134)
I also think that his experience as a GM might help foster mutual respect between he and Pioli (if he is retained). Just a thought..

Ehh, the problem is that I don't think a coach like Holmgren would put up with the shit that Pioli pulls. Plus, I can't imagine Holmgren would look at the talent (or lack there of) that Pioli has managed to draft in four years and get excited about that. If Pioli is retained, just about the only coach we will be able to hire is some no-name or huge-reach that will likely flop whether he has it or not simply because he has to operate under Fatoli.

Mr. Laz 10-25-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9048262)
Who is the KC GM who hires Holmgren?

everyone better be prepared to cry because i think Pioli gets another year

Mr. Laz 10-25-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrad84 (Post 9048286)
Ehh, the problem is that I don't think a coach like Holmgren would put up with the shit that Pioli pulls. Plus, I can't imagine Holmgren would look at the talent (or lack there of) that Pioli has managed to draft in four years and get excited about that. If Pioli is retained, just about the only coach we will be able to hire is some no-name or huge-reach that will likely flop whether he has it or not simply because he has to operate under Fatoli.

we have no idea whether Pioli 'pulls any shit' or not ... none.

DaKCMan AP 10-25-2012 10:46 AM

Great coach. Just don't give him more control than a HC requires.

ChiefMojo 10-25-2012 10:58 AM

That is why I said as just head coach as well. Pioli is going to have to give a little to bring in a successful established coach. Outside of a Josh McDaniel, your looking at an assistant if I were to guess. Remember Fisher wasn't going to come because he knew he wouldn't be able to work with Pioli.

BoneKrusher 10-25-2012 11:02 AM

if the Chiefs are gonna draft their QB of the future, Holmgren would be a great Choice.

BlackHelicopters 10-25-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9048287)

Kleenex ordered.

BoneKrusher 10-25-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9048335)
Kleenex ordered.

same here
letting Cassel go dont mean shit if this ****tard stays.

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Only if we don't do our part...

jspchief 10-25-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Lame duck GM? It would be his last contract year.

Hoover 10-25-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9048288)
we have no idea whether Pioli 'pulls any shit' or not ... none.

thank you

the only thing worse than the media echo chamber is the echo chamber Chiefs fans live in

Hoover 10-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9048345)
Lame duck GM? It would be his last contract year.

he's going to get extended a couple of years IMO.

BossChief 10-25-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9048160)
still not thrilled with retreads...but I'd rather him than Cowher

pick up Rivera for DC once he's shit canned...

I guess I mostly agree with this...I just would worry that he would want to do with the defense because I honestly believe this group of defensive players has the makings of an elite unit if used correctly and Holmgren would probably want a 4-3