ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Next year's back up QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266873)

durtyrute 11-20-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136318)
Well we are out of it and anyone being honest knows that. Maybe not mathematically but we now. So lets see if they even try to get Stanzi any time. I doubt it.

Of course we are, but the coach isn't going to say that just yet. He's still trying to "right the ship" and all of that b.s.

I want to play Stanzi more that just about anyone, but it probably won't happen till like three or four games to go.

keg in kc 11-20-2012 11:10 AM

I agree. High pick, vet and Stanzi to carry jocks.

Chief_For_Life58 11-20-2012 11:14 AM

why does stanzi even warrant a roster spot at this point? he hasent shown dick. cut his worthless ass n draft another 5 th rounder to be 3rd string

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:16 AM

Ya'll are underrating Gradkowski by a lot.

He'll do exactly what a backup QB should do. Keep everybody's heads above water and bide his time until a definitive play can be made that will win the game.

And he's not exactly an old fart. If Geno Smith should get injured, Gradkowski has a good shot at playing pretty well. That's trade bait.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9136336)
why does stanzi even warrant a roster spot at this point? he hasent shown dick. cut his worthless ass n draft another 5 th rounder to be 3rd string

Because he'd be a 3rd ****ing string.

Some of you act like your 3rd string QB should be as good as other teams' starters.

You never invest anything too expensive in your 3rd string QB. Ever. You do like the Packers do and occasionally draft a 6th or 7th round guy and let him sit on the bench a long time. If he shows promise in practice, then you promote him. If not, then you cut him.

Stanzi was a 5th round pick, but he's here. So keep him on. Don't invest another draft pick into a player who is not supposed to ever see the field as long as he sits at 3rd string.

BossChief 11-20-2012 11:21 AM

Seriously, if they aren't gonna at least play Stanzi for 2-3 games before the end of the year, why don't they just cut his ass and start with a clean slate at QB next year. We will be starting with a new coaching staff and that means a third playbook for the kid to learn anyways...throw his ass out there with enough time to give him an evaluation to see if he deserves a roster spot next year or not.

Its not like he can be much worse than Quinn or Cassel.

The ONLY downside to playing the kid is that he could **** up our chances of getting Geno Smith.

The Franchise 11-20-2012 11:23 AM

Drew ****ing Stanton

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1477534_o.gif

BossChief 11-20-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136348)
Ya'll are underrating Gradkowski by a lot.

He'll do exactly what a backup QB should do. Keep everybody's heads above water and bide his time until a definitive play can be made that will win the game.

And he's not exactly an old fart. If Geno Smith should get injured, Gradkowski has a good shot at playing pretty well. That's trade bait.

We usually agree on most things on here, but man....that guy is crap.

He has never completed 55% of his throws in a year...is 6-14 as a starter...has 21 tds to 44 combined ints and fumbles...

I just dont know what you see in the guy.

The Franchise 11-20-2012 11:27 AM

Smith
Stanton
Stanzi

The Killer Sssssssss.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9136366)
We usually agree on most things on here, but man....that guy is crap.

He has never completed 55% of his throws in a year...is 6-14 as a starter...has 21 tds to 44 combined ints and fumbles...

I just dont know what you see in the guy.

I had no idea his stats were that bad. Yikes.

I guess the two games I've seen him play for the Bucs were anomalies, then? He looked pretty good when I saw him last time he was starting.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136368)
Smith
Stanton
Stanzi

The Killer Sssssssss.

We could call them the Charmers. Like snakes. Sssssssss.

To go along with the Killer Bs.

Any other animal names we can use to describe our top players at one position?

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136368)
Smith
Stanton
Stanzi

The Killer Sssssssss.

Stanton has never done shit. We need a backup that has at least accomplished something.

durtyrute 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136372)
We could call them the Charmers. Like snakes. Sssssssss.

To go along with the Killer Bs.

Any other animal names we can use to describe our top players at one position?

Yea....charmers.........yea...........that's .........well, that's ghey.
NTTAWWT

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136375)
Stanton has never done shit. We need a backup that has at least accomplished something.

Mark Sanchez has won playoff games :evil:

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9136376)
Yea....charmers.........yea...........that's .........well, that's ghey.
NTTAWWT

:harumph: