ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** OFFICIAL College Football Week 14 Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267182)

Saul Good 11-29-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9161717)
I was actually poking fun at you for nearly being a bigger fan of the SEC then your own team.

I'm a much bigger fan of my own team. It just so happens that they suck this year.

Frosty 11-29-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9160967)
2:30 Nicholls State at #15 Oregon State - PAC12N

This was supposed to our warm up game at the beginning of the season but it got cancelled due to a hurricane. Now it's the "why in the hell are we still playing this" game. :shake:

htismaqe 11-29-2012 02:21 PM

Keitzman needs to stick to bashing on the Chiefs and Royals.

He just said Baylor would have finished in the top half of the SEC.

He's become the worst Big 12 homer I've ever seen.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9161820)
Keitzman needs to stick to bashing on the Chiefs and Royals.

He just said Baylor would have finished in the top half of the SEC.

ROFL

htismaqe 11-29-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9161825)
ROFL

It started with Mizzou. When they were rumored to be going to the Big 10, he was over-the-top saying that Mizzou should go, it was great, they should stick it to Texas, etc.

Then when that fell through and Mizzou went to the SEC, he completely flipped - the Big 12 had it right, 10 teams meant more money per team, their model is better than every other conference, etc.

But he didn't jump the shark until K-State got into the NC discussion, and now that they've lost, he's lost it.

Alabama is in because they're Alabama, not because they deserve it.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 07:27 PM

These Rutgers uniforms are hideous.

keg in kc 11-29-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9161820)

Board here's not much different. I do my best to avoid saying things like there isn't a big 12 team that would finish in the top half of the SEC this year, or that I think maybe half the big ten is better than most big 12 teams. I think Kansas State was this year's fluky team that beat up on a cupcake schedule, I don't think Oklahoma is anywhere close to as good as past Oklahoma teams, Texas, as always, is a talented team with a hack coach that's at best about middle of the pack quality-wise, and the rest of the conference is basically a bunch of mediocre teams beating up on each other.

'course I say that and they'll end up winning 7 bowl games or something...

Bearcat 11-29-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9162811)
Board here's not much different. I do my best to avoid saying things like there isn't a big 12 team that would finish in the top half of the SEC this year, or that I think maybe half the big ten is better than most big 12 teams. I think Kansas State was this year's fluky team that beat up on a cupcake schedule, I don't think Oklahoma is anywhere close to as good as past Oklahoma teams, Texas, as always, is a talented team with a hack coach that's at best about middle of the pack quality-wise, and the rest of the conference is basically a bunch of mediocre teams beating up on each other.

'course I say that and they'll end up winning 7 bowl games or something...

I dunno, the top half of the SEC includes Vanderbilt, and there's a lot of shit at the bottom... I don't think any B12 teams would be competing for an SEC title, but I'm sure a few would do fine with a schedule like Georgia's, playing 2 teams with an overall winning record.

DaKCMan AP 12-01-2012 02:21 PM

Last chance for TCU

4th & 13, 31secs left

DaKCMan AP 12-01-2012 02:22 PM

Oklahoma wins.

Coach 12-01-2012 02:23 PM

Damn, was pulling for TCU.

DaKCMan AP 12-01-2012 02:24 PM

Impressed with the play of Oklahoma safety Tony Jefferson.

LiveSteam 12-01-2012 02:59 PM

KC Native has to be pissed at the TCU finish.

PBJPBJPBJPBJ

Spott 12-01-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9162983)
I dunno, the top half of the SEC includes Vanderbilt, and there's a lot of shit at the bottom... I don't think any B12 teams would be competing for an SEC title, but I'm sure a few would do fine with a schedule like Georgia's, playing 2 teams with an overall winning record.

Georgia has gotten to the SEC championship 2 years in a row that way. Last year they played Ole Miss, Miss St and Auburn in the West and missed playing LSU, Arkansas and Alabama who all finished in the top 8.

GoChargers 12-01-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9161351)
Could you imagine the outrage if a team that was 0.500 in conference play was in the BCS National Championship game?

If it was an SEC team, the media would just say "DAT'S THEM THAR TUFF ESS EEE SEE SCHEDULE, WEEK IN 'N WEEK OUT" and that would be the end of that.