ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tragedy strikes. MemyselfI becomes super active on the forum. Coincidence? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267325)

memyselfI 12-03-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9175841)
There are plenty of Mavericks fans in the NBA thread, troll.

Missouri, hockey.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9175891)
I have tried to make this case with the powers that be over the years. Obviously to no avail.

When I was a mod, we put it to a vote. And that vote failed.

A lot of people don't want her gone, for any number of reasons.

BigMeatballDave 12-03-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9175858)
I won't go into her other blatant troll thread because she's a mindless attention whore and I'm not inclined to grant her that after finally putting her on ignore.

It is fair to ask, however, when this is nothing more than pure shit disturbing. She's never hear to do anything other than piss people off.

That's not 'stating her own opinion' as she claims - it's trolling. It's like trying to claim that pulling over every minority at a checkpoint is random. That's not how she operates - she's a target fixated shit-disturber. She comes in here to irritate and then bails when people stop taking her bait.

This crap is banworthy. She adds nothing to the board.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n-clapping.gif

NewChief 12-03-2012 11:11 AM

And FWIW, I don't really want her banned. I think she's a pretty talented, entertaining troll. She can push some damned buttons around this joint.

Raiderhater 12-03-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9175947)
When I was a mod, we put it to a vote. And that vote failed.

A lot of people don't want her gone, for any number of reasons.

There have been two or three votes. It's funny, almost everyone bitches about her but when it came time to do something about it they chickened out. Maddening.

BigMeatballDave 12-03-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9175963)
There have been two or three votes. It's funny, almost everyone bitches about her but when it came time to do something about it they chickened out. Maddening.

I don't understand the chickening out.

What possible negative consequences could result from her banning?

htismaqe 12-03-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9175972)

People are (justifiably) concerned about the precedent of banning someone solely because people don't like what they are posting...

Raiderhater 12-03-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9175972)

Absolutely none. Best I can figure it comes down to a couple of main issues. The first being that people feel guilty about 86ing her because they would be doing it for the "wrong reason", i.e. they just don't like her. She has been pretty clever in skirting the TOS in terms of trolling, so people just cannot quite seem to justify giving her the axe lest it look (and feel) like it was just something personal.

The other is some people, just like her, thrive on controversy. They despise her but, at the same time love to have her around because it gives them something to bitch about.

Human nature...

Deberg_1990 12-03-2012 11:27 AM

Denise....the "Ambulance Chaser" of the message board world.

WilliamTheIrish 12-03-2012 11:58 AM

Great thread title.

keg in kc 12-03-2012 11:59 AM

Tragedy gives her an opportunity to be contrary.

keg in kc 12-03-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9176005)
People are (justifiably) concerned about the precedent of banning someone solely because people don't like what they are posting...

Indeed. It's a slippery slope.

She shouldn't be banned. If she gets to you, ignore her. Either by exercising willpower or by clicking the button. If you play her game you don't have anybody to blame but yourself.

DJ's left nut 12-03-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9176005)

Ban Laz and maybe you have a point. Laz is an idiot, but everyone just recognizes him as an idiot and lets him go about his merry way.

She doesn't do what Laz does (i.e. come and talk about sports or the present topic du jour foolishly), she just comes in here every few weeks to piss people off and then jets.

She's as clear-cut a 'troll' as this board has.

FAX 12-03-2012 12:08 PM

She is definitely a morbid and macabre type of individual. She derives glee from the suffering of others and likes it even better when she is the cause. Strange human, right there. I made an exception to my rule and put her on ignore which would work great if people would only stop quoting her ... that's the big problem.

As for why she isn't banned for troll behavior, I wonder if she's threatened legal action should that occur? It's the only reason I can think of that explains why our fabulously talented mods haven't done her in.

FAX

The Franchise 12-03-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9176168)
Ban Laz and maybe you have a point. Laz is an idiot, but everyone just recognizes him as an idiot and lets him go about his merry way.

She doesn't do what Laz does (i.e. come and talk about sports or the present topic du jour foolishly), she just comes in here every few weeks to piss people off and then jets.

She's as clear-cut a 'troll' as this board has.

This.

She brings NOTHING to the board. I would rather have a discussion with Robert the Blacktard than listen to her bullshit.