ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Compsenatory Pick for Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267682)

Sorter 12-15-2012 03:58 AM

Hillis, Boss, Winston, Routt and QUinn (possibly, I'll have to check) will not count against the comp system because they were released under contract.

BigRock 12-15-2012 05:23 AM

There are a lot of little qualifiers that guys have to pass in order to be eligible. And some of them may have changed in the new CBA, I'm not sure.

But under the old rules, if, for instance, a guy didn't sign with a team until after a certain point in the summer, he didn't count towards compensatory picks. If I remember right, Jackie Battle signed with the Chargers just before training camp. So he probably won't count.

Guys on a nothing one-year contract usually don't count either. I doubt the Steelers paid Pope anything over the minimum. That could also be true for B-Rich, but he's been starting all year. So that should help.

The Bucs cut Gilberry early in the season, so he shouldn't count.

Again, this is based on the old rules, but Carr, Orton, McClain and possibly B-Rich should count in our "lost" column. In our "gained" column, Quinn was a free agent from Denver, Hillis was a free agent from Cleveland, and Abe Elam was a free agent from Dallas. But Elam was added in the summer and, like Battle, probably won't count. All the other guys we signed were cut by their prior team, so they don't count either.

If we assume that B-Rich counts, we lost 4 and gained 2 for a net of 2. That would get us a nice pick for Carr, hopefully a 3rd, and then maybe like a 6th rounder for Orton.

If by some fluke Pope happens to count, we could get a 7th rounder thrown on too. If neither Pope or B-Rich count, then just the pick for Carr.

If B-Rich doesn't count and Elam wasn't signed late enough to be eliminated, the tally ends up 3-3, we get nothing, and Pioli should be force-fed his prolapsed colon.

And if some of the qualifiers that I've mentioned were changed in the new CBA, then this entire post is worthless.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-15-2012 08:40 AM

Giberry is a Bengal and kicking ass. Just made the highlight reel this week.

BigRock 12-15-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9210127)
Giberry is a Bengal and kicking ass. Just made the highlight reel this week.

Unless they've drastically changed the compensatory criteria, I don't think it helps us. He's on his second team since leaving KC.

BossChief 12-15-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9209792)
Yeah, if we had a GM that knew how to draft.

Asamoah, Houston and Stephenson were all good picks in the third round. Bailey is still a ?

cabletech94 12-15-2012 09:48 AM

we'll get one for carr. that was pee-o-lee-o's master plan (not pay, get a 3rd?maybe).
hopefully our new gm isn't a douche.

anything else that we get? pure profit.

BigMeatballDave 12-15-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9210171)
Bailey is still a ?

It's no question, he sucks.

mcaj22 12-15-2012 10:13 AM

shame that Winston cancels out Richardson because we could have got a decent pick for that since Richardson is performing well on the Rams.

the Carr one is insteresting because we signed Routt, but then released him, not sure the cirteria but I am pretty sure if you sign an alternative your comp pick is lost.

mcaj22 12-15-2012 10:14 AM

i am pretty sure BigRock is right though that Pioli signing all these shit turd bum FAs (Quinn, Hillis, Elam) and all them getting high snap counts/starters minutes throughout the season cancels out any nice comp pick we would get

so in a sense, blame Pioli. Because turds like Elam, Quinn and Hillis actually played this season

Hoover 12-15-2012 10:36 AM

Winston was cut, so his signing doesn't impact anything

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-15-2012 11:24 AM

Quinn's playing time is killing the Chiefs comp pick chances.

milkman 12-15-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9210261)
Winston was cut, so his signing doesn't impact anything

And Routt was cut by the Raiders, so again, no impact on anything.

listopencil 12-15-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9209850)
I doubt the Chiefs get any compsenatory picks but they might get some compgubernatorial picks. Maybe.

Does that mean that the fans get to vote on who the Chiefs pick up with those picks? Perhaps from a list of compgubernatorial candidates?

mcaj22 12-15-2012 01:11 PM

then it still comes down to the snap counts of Abe Elam, Hillis and Quinn

which I think outweight whatever three top snap counts we let go

i assume the top 3 would be Carr, Richardson and ??? McClain or Battle

so 3 for 3 we might not get shit for a pick

Rausch 12-15-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9210434)
Does that mean that the fans get to vote on who the Chiefs pick up with those picks? Perhaps from a list of compgubernatorial candidates?

Logical, but no...