ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267739)

milkman 12-16-2012 10:02 PM

Well done.

One point.

#4.
Epic failure is success.

Dave Lane 12-16-2012 10:07 PM

Love your stuff George and the good thing is it will all be over soon.

DrunkBassGuitar 12-16-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9216534)
Does it matter? Why do you ask?

It doesn't matter I was just curious if you write professionally. I've read several of your Ten Things posts, and aside from a grammatical error here and there, they're very well written. So I figured you were a journalist.

gblowfish 12-16-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 9216559)
It doesn't matter I was just curious if you write professionally. I've read several of your Ten Things posts, and aside from a grammatical error here and there, they're very well written. So I figured you were a journalist.

Well, thanks. Grammatical errors because I usually just write what I'm thinking right off the cuff, and don't carefully proof it as if it were being submitted for publication. I could do that, but frankly, this is chat board, and I want to chat.

I did three years in the Master's program at Mizzou in Journalism in the early 1980s. Went into doing TV news, then got out becaus of stress. My career has been in manufacturing, done that for 25 years now.

Appreciate the kind words. One day we'll have mostly positive things to talk about, at least I hope that will be the case someday soon.

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 10:23 PM

George, great read as always. Thank you for taking the time to do this every week.

I look forward to this after every game.

Thanks again

BCH

Deberg_1990 12-16-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9216363)
5. There was scuttlebutt here on the CP board that Tuna's son-in-law was seen on a commercial flight to Dallas. He's either: a) Being told to make sure he is out of his office within 48 hours of the Denver season finale; or b) celebrating his contract extension by spending his remaining cafeteria plan bucks on lasik before the year end. As a season ticket holder, it's going to be fascinating to see how the Chiefs PR spin machine handles either scenario. With the way this whole thing as spun out and flipped so totally out of control, I sincerely can't believe CHunt would be crazy enough to bring this guy back for 2013. You would have to think that a lesson would be learned from watching Jack Steadman ruin the Chiefs for a decade, just because he was Lamar's room mate in college. Just because Fat Scott is Tuna's son in law, and came from New England, and was NFL Executive of the Year, the reality is, this team has been blown apart like a dandelion on a windy day. No amount of PR spin, or sanitized press conferences under Ted Crewse's watchful eye, or stories by Baghdad Red on the Chiefs website, can put lipstick on this pig. Nobody gets out of a season like this alive. And if they do, then it's game on between the fans and the Hunt Family.

Man, it would be ugly if Pioli came back........I cant imagine even Clark is that dumb.

Ebolapox 12-16-2012 10:29 PM

always a great read.

clark hunt, via his proxy scott pioli, has made it clear his attempt was to create a dynasty ala the patriots, packers, or steelers. instead, he has alienated and almost eliminated his fanbase and killed any and all good-will the city of kansas city had for the team. he has seen the spinning of a murder/suicide of a player for publicity, and seen an actual fan revolt.

if he brings him back, it is the most astoundingly out-of-touch move ever done by any football ownership since the ford family (and they didn't have the murder/suicide to contend with). they simply can NOT bring back pioli, daboll, cassel or romeo crennel (or ANYBODY associated with this team, save the big-contract guys and/or guys who deserve big contracts, aka bowe and albert--and maybe dorsey for the right money).

they have to clean house and clean it with fire. cleanse it.

Psyko Tek 12-16-2012 10:53 PM

I have a question...
after seeing to day will a first round qb make any difference??
the d sucked
the ol sucked the receivers had stone hands

will a coaching change and a new Qb FIX THIS SHIT HOLE WITHIN 10 YEARS?

i REALLY DOUBT IT
welcome to the lions den

Ebolapox 12-16-2012 11:05 PM

depends... I think a *good* coaching staff (and another year removed from injury for eric berry) fixes a lot of the issues. remember how guys like derrick johnson came alive with good coaching? yeah. we have a LOT of talent at certain positions. coach them up, and it may be a quicker rebuild than many believe (hell, throw in the fact that you will have the top pick in each round as well as a comp pick or two).

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

celebrating his contract extension by spending his remaining cafeteria plan bucks on lasik before the year end.

George, george, george. LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/Kxdff.gif

FloridaMan88 12-16-2012 11:26 PM

People actually watched today's game?

Too bad you missed a great Steelers-Cowboys game.

Fishpicker 12-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Apparently, Oakland thinks spending money on turf in December is money wasted, yet they can set up a eternal Al Davis Hibachi in the end zone.

I was paying half attention to the game when my brother yelled out, there's a car on fire in the stadium. I looked up and 1/2 the screen was covered by a graphic but I still saw the flame just above it. I thought for just a millisecond that it was true. What a trashy memorial, it is the NFL memorial/statue most likely to be jumped by a Monster Truck.

RunKC 12-16-2012 11:40 PM

I think Brandon Flowers should get more attention. He's been a damn good corner this year for what he's had to deal with.

Last year he was torched early, but he has really put his haters to rest. I would easily take him over Carr.

mcaj22 12-17-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9216986)
I think Brandon Flowers should get more attention. He's been a damn good corner this year for what he's had to deal with.

Last year he was torched early, but he has really put his haters to rest. I would easily take him over Carr.

Brandon Carr completely won an NFL game for his team today.

so uhh. I dont know about that

ZootedGranny 12-17-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Apparently, Oakland thinks spending money on turf in December is money wasted, yet they can set up a eternal Al Davis Hibachi in the end zone.

Masterful.