ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Despite lack of playing time, Stanzi works to improve (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268042)

oldman 12-26-2012 09:33 AM

"Stanzi looked as though he wasn’t ready to play in the preseason, particularly a turnover-filled game against the Rams in St. Louis." As opposed to Cassel who wasn't ready to play in just about every regular season game. Sounds like something right out of a Three Stooges movie. There, I've set someone up.

GloryDayz 12-26-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9241387)
And you know this because of the geniuses doing the player evaluations?...

Always leaves a question in your mind, doesn't it? Then again, those are the same ones who picked him. So who knows....

aturnis 12-26-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9241424)
It would be absolutely stupid for Stanzi to not get any playing time this week. Stupid from an evaluation opportunity standpoint, and stupid from a motivational standpoint.

So he will be inactive.

Not only would it give them something to evaluate him off of, but would help him to better understand where he needs to improve this offseason. If he were to light it up next preseason, he could potentially have some trade value or solidify himself as a capable backup. Sure would be nice if he got that playing time....

HonestChieffan 12-26-2012 09:38 AM

Grocery sacker soon

J Diddy 12-26-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9241400)
Except Tamba is actually, you know, a good player. :doh!:

That was my initial reaction as well.

What kind of deluded thought process is going on in RAC's head if he even remotely thinks that the mess at quarterback is even remotely similar to the outside linebacker position?

htismaqe 12-26-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9241414)
:eek:

I agree the coaching sucks, but how does that statement add to it?

They're telling him to throw the ball a certain place instead of allowing him to make his reads on throw to the guy that is, you know, open...

This offense, no matter who is under center, is near the bottom of the league in YPA. Why do you suppose that is?

Iowanian 12-26-2012 10:54 AM

Let's presume that Stanzi is physically and mentally talented enough to play QB in the NFL.

How on Earth would he possibly improve enough to see with the 2 turds ahead of him as mentors and this herd of green apple splatters coaching him up?

Pushead2 12-26-2012 11:03 AM

He'll never succeed because the people in this organization never wanted him to succeed.

I've seen it too many times in my years playing hockey. It's hard to over come those odds.

He has a shit QB that Pioli signed for way too much money to be inactive and Quinn, who everyone has been thinking "what if" all these years.

Reerun_KC 12-26-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9241387)
And you know this because of the geniuses doing the player evaluations?...

Same ones that drafted him.

HolyHat 12-26-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9241383)
I don't want to hear it. He sucks so bad he can't beat out the two pieces of shit we have at QB now.

Exactly! Why people are still supporting this kid is beyond me. If he can't beat out Cassel and Quinn he shouldnt have a job.

I dont care how great his hair looks blowing in the wind, while holding a clipboard.:banghead::banghead::banghead::doh!::banghead::banghead::doh!:

notorious 12-26-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9241643)
Same ones that drafted him.

This.

If Pioli wanted to stay here he would have made Crennel start Stanzi to give him an outside chance of winning and keeping his job.

Stanzi must be horrific.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9241644)
Exactly! Why people are still supporting this kid is beyond me. If he can't beat out Cassel and Quinn he shouldnt have a job.

I dont care how great his hair looks blowing in the wind, while holding a clipboard.:banghead::banghead::banghead::doh!::banghead::banghead::doh!:

So the same folks that continuously said Matt Cassel was a good QB are suddenly ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ACCURATE in their assessments of the other QBs on the roster?

They play Eric Berry at LB and put Tyson Jackson on the field game after game, but when it comes to Ricky Stanzi, they're smart enough to know he doesn't belong on the field.

:rolleyes:

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9241649)
This.

If Pioli wanted to stay here he would have made Crennel start Stanzi to give him an outside chance of winning and keeping his job.

Stanzi must be horrific.

Yeah, because Pioli knows what good QBs look like. After all, he traded a 2nd for Matt Cassel and gave him $60M.

ptlyon 12-26-2012 11:14 AM

Don't worry htis - NOT going to enter this thread & argue how bad stanzi sucks...

Ebolapox 12-26-2012 11:15 AM

I don't think he's getting a fair shake. I'm not sure we can equivocally say whether he's worse than the two in front of him--seriously, do you trust the coaching staff THAT much? why? we've been fed the bullshit all year--'he's not good enough to get playing time.' yet they'll play cassel until they HAVE to pull him?!?

yeah. I don't trust this coaching staff, neither should you. I think the kid has talent, and I'd like to SEE them GIVE him a chance to show said talent. if he flames out, OH NOES, WE'RE GOING TO LOSE ANOTHER GAME!

their handling of stanzi? yet another crime committed by the worst coaching staff/front office in the NFL.