ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How did 2012 treat you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268053)

Hoover 12-26-2012 01:38 PM

I can't complain, 2012 was a great year for me financially and personally.

Bugeater 12-26-2012 01:41 PM

Despite the ongoing turmoil with my job for the better part of the year, it was pretty damn good. Definitely ended on a high note and I'm hoping to carry the momentum into next year.

Jewish Rabbi 12-26-2012 01:44 PM

IN BEFORE POLE

Carlota69 12-26-2012 01:45 PM

2012 Sucked ASS!! Big break up to start it off with, then head games from the Ex most of the year. Finally broke from all that nastiness in July and spent a few months getting my life back in order and then tore my ACL and miniscus in Oct. I was suppose to have surgery last week, but caught a cold and now trying to reschedule. So, while 2013 is going to start off with surgery, it should be less painful than 2012 was in general.:D

RNR 12-26-2012 01:49 PM

I guess I voted first~

Rasputin 12-26-2012 01:55 PM

My expectations for 2012 were not that high, so I got to meet most of my expectations :D

GloryDayz 12-26-2012 01:57 PM

I hate the almost off-season...

Rain Man 12-26-2012 02:02 PM

Using my own poll categories:

Health - Not as good as expected, but only because I have a really good track record. I have a foot injury from running that's slowed me down, and I caught a cold this year, which makes it a down year. However, that's inconsequential and I'm lucky to be very healthy.

Fitness - Not as good as expected. I've gained a little weight this year, which slows me down. However, I'm only about 13 pounds above my ideal weight, and I'm going to fix that in 2013. I'm pretty fit overall.

Finance - This was the big winner this year. The company had record profits, and I was able to reap some of them. Very, very good year.

Family - I have a pretty stable family (both nuclear and extended), so there's not much drama. It's about the same, and that's pretty darn good.

Love Life - I went with 'better than expected'. The ongoing 20+ year marriage experiment seemed to have an up year this year.

Career Progress - I went with "about the same", but truthfully maybe I didn't accomplish what I want. The job is good, but I was hoping to branch out on some things this year and didn't really accomplish that to the scale I wanted. It was mostly status quo, and that's not the progress I was hoping for.

Inner Peace and Happiness - I think it was an up year for inner peace and happiness. I'm coming out of a trough in that area, so an up year was welcome.

Social Life - Honestly, my social life sucks, but it always has. I always want to improve it, but it's never really a priority. I'm kind of a lone wolf most of the time.

Special Projects - I think I gave myself short shrift in the poll. I said it wasn't where I wanted to be, but the truth is that I made some good progress in some areas. Sandbox is a big special project, and while we're a bit delayed relative to our goal, we made a ton of progress. I also met a huge personal goal this year that's worthy of its own thread in the next day or so, and I finished my virtual run across the U.S., as well as doing 13 half-marathons. And on top of that, we made a successful move to upgraded office space at work, which was a big deal. The more I think about it, I accomplished a lot.

Life Goals - I put 'about what I expected' on the poll. Truthfully, I need to work on this more in 2013. I've been kind of drifting for the past couple of years.

Personal Growth - I let a few things slip, but wouldn't say that I regressed. I think I was pretty much the average American in this regard, and would like to improve.

Overall Year - The whole was greater than the sum of its parts in 2012. I made a little progress in a lot of areas, made a lot of progress in a couple of areas, and really had no big setbacks. I would have to say that it was a great year for me.

listopencil 12-26-2012 02:11 PM

2011- Absolute Shit
2012- Rebound

Huffman83 12-26-2012 02:12 PM

Played some good shows, went to some good shows. Nobody I knew died (so far!). Chiefs season sucked, I was in a bad situation job wise but that cleared up. And my wife and I had a little girl in July.

More good than bad! Life is good!

beach tribe 12-26-2012 02:26 PM

Horrible, horrible year.
Probably the worst ever..... and I've seen the darker side of what the world has to offer.
True life Darren Aronofsky type shit,
Although this past year wasn't filled with that type of mental polution, it just feels worse to me because it is in contrast to the best four years of my life, which were the four previous to this one.
My son was born in 2011, and it's just a different sport when things get ugly.
It's not about me anymore. If it were, I probably wouldn't feel so shitty.
I love him so much. Everything else in my life other than him and his mom, is shit.
I hate my job. (after having the best job on earth for six years and traveling to over 15 countries all expenses paid)
I took a 50% pay cut (not counting sub contracted $) to do tech support for a ****ing dialer software company.
And to top it off I picked the Chiefs to go 10-6. I don't really have anymore to give to this team.
The only consolation is the fact that my GF, and baby's mom, is ****ing sexy as a MFer.
She is HOT.
At least I get to smile every time she gets home from work. Cause you know...she needs a shower, and somebody's gotta make sure she's clean.

1ChiefsDan 12-26-2012 02:30 PM

2012 went about as well for me as it did for the Chiefs. Unfortunately, I don't have the bright light at the end of the tunnel that the Chiefs do.

Getting laid off in May and still looking for a job has sucked major ass.

KC_Lee 12-26-2012 02:31 PM

Bad year...

2012...GTFO NOW!

SPchief 12-26-2012 02:33 PM

Where's element 10?

cdcox 12-26-2012 02:39 PM

Using Rain Man's poll categories, but I used good, medium, bad scale on some categories rather than expectations.

Health - About the same, given declining fitness below.

Fitness - Decline. Too busy/tired to exercise. Weight gain. Perpetually tired. i need to at least make sleep a bigger priority.

Finance - Good year. Best year on record, due to a big promotion in late 2011. No complaints in this category, although we had a lot of expenses.

Family - I marked it as a down tick since my daughter had some setbacks in her journey to independence. She's almost 3 years drug and alcohol free, so I'm thankful for that, but the overall feeling is down.

Love Life - Neutral. My wife and I have a strong relationship and will celebrate our 30th this year, just no reason to mark it as an exceptional year.

Career Progress - Neutral. Last year was a banner year. I just feel too busy and some priority items are getting delayed. I probably need to let go of a few more duties from an earlier time in my career.

Inner Peace and Happiness - Marked it a down tick.

Social Life - Not much of a social person and I have pushed this to a lower priority right now. I called it neutral.

Special Projects - Neutral. Sandbox is the big one. Made a lot of progress this year, but not as much as planned. See work and lack of sleep.

Life Goals - Neutral.

Personal Growth - Up tick. I'm still expanding skills and growing emotionally.

Overall Year - OK. I had one more down tick than up, but I'm very blessed and won't complain.[/QUOTE]