ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Countdown to 'Hamas' Jenkins return! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268321)

Strongside 01-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9264014)
He said he'd leave for a year if Tebow won a playoff game.

Ouch. Seems like a safe bet...but one should never bet against the almighty.

alnorth 01-01-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9263993)
Where has he been all this time?

Also, should we organize a parade?

This rocket scientist, without any prodding just out of the blue, posted the following:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 8275156)
If Denver wins today and it occurs without

A) Roethlisberger getting hurt

or

B) Denver forcing three or more TOs, I won't post for a year.

Why do people do that? Board ban bets are stupid enough, but whenever I see "if X happens, I wont post for Y", I just roll my eyes and think, "moron".

If you need to take a break from the board, have the self-discipline to F'ing post less.

Ming the Merciless 01-01-2013 11:36 AM

I just wanna see pics of the little ones

Hootie 01-01-2013 11:36 AM

one time I said "if Priest Holmes has 20 or more carries this year I'll never post again" trying to make a point that he was just trying to get one more payday...

well he ended up getting like 35 carries before he reinjured himself and then I became known as a huge welcher

I learned my lesson to not post the "I bet you a million dollar" bets.

crossbow 01-01-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9264023)
This rocket scientist, without any prodding just out of the blue, posted the following:

Why do people do that? Board ban bets are stupid enough, but whenever I see "if X happens, I wont post for Y", I just roll my eyes and think, "moron".

If you need to take a break from the board, have the self-discipline to F'ing post less.

HaHA, glad I am not smart enough to make bets like that.

okcchief 01-01-2013 11:40 AM

Hamas definitely brings some unique takes, and is entertaining as hell. Can't wait to see him unleash a year of rage.

tk13 01-01-2013 11:41 AM

It won't be exciting unless an equally powerful supervillain arises on the board at the same time.

Imon Yourside 01-01-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9264051)
It won't be exciting unless an equally powerful supervillain arises on the board at the same time.

They're lurking in the shadows.

Hootie 01-01-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

we could just have someone turn heel

Hootie 01-01-2013 11:44 AM

I'd say it's about time for a Clayton Wendler heel turn anyways.

alnorth 01-01-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9264035)
one time I said "if Priest Holmes has 20 or more carries this year I'll never post again" trying to make a point that he was just trying to get one more payday...

well he ended up getting like 35 carries before he reinjured himself and then I became known as a huge welcher

I learned my lesson to not post the "I bet you a million dollar" bets.

At best, you get to beat your chest and exclaim "look at me, I was right, bow down!", to a crowd of people who largely don't care. You might get a couple people congratulate you, but most people will roll their eyes and say "whatever". Within a week, no one will remember. Would anyone have even raised an eyebrow if the Denver Tebows lost last year? No.

If it doesn't work out, everyone is laser-focused on your wager and you either have to not post for a while, or catch a lot of hell for it for a while.

Hootie 01-01-2013 11:47 AM

agreed

I have no more interest in the "omg look at how right I was" shit. I throw out my opinion and expect some to agree and some to disagree and then I move on.

For instance, I still think Tony Romo is awesome.

Strongside 01-01-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Have you not seen all of the n00b posts recently!? My god. Maybe they'll all converge into one giant shut pile of a n00b villain.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-01-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9264063)
I'd say it's about time for a Clayton Wendler heel turn anyways.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/th...8/likeage.jpeg

Bowser 01-01-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9264075)
For instance, I still think Tony Romo is awesome.

Heh, you're fishing here.

I'll go as far as saying Romo is good, even very good at times. But awesome? Not really. He just can't get it done in the biggest moments. Look no further than that last pick he threw against the Skins. You simply do NOT make that throw. "Awesome" QB's throw it away on that play.

All that being said, I'd take him now on the Chiefs, in a heartbeat.