ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Pioli has time to reflect on where it went wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268548)

FloridaMan88 01-05-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9287162)
I have been in two board meetings when someone was asked to wait outside for awhile. It always ended badly for the excluded party.

But it's one of the most hard-ass things you can do in business; look a grown executive in the eye and tell him to give you some time alone with the "important people" and watch him slink out the door with his buttocks clinched like a fist.

Clark has a mean streak in him, I'm telling you. He didn't have to invite Pioli along for that interview. Then, to purposefully exclude him from the main talks? Ouch and damn.

FAX

Fitting though considering how Fat Scott by all accounts bullied many employees... especially lower level employees within the Chiefs organization.

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 11:39 PM

Pioli has absolutely no dignity. If it's true that Clark wanted him out all along and tried to convince him to resign and he still went along on these interviews, it speaks of his character...and not in a good way.

It was clear last Monday that Pioli was toast. Clark even slipped once in his interview with Petro. And yet Pioli dragged it out.

jd1020 01-05-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9287167)
Pioli has absolutely no dignity. If it's true that Clark wanted him out all along and tried to convince him to resign and he still went along on these interviews, it speaks of his character...and not in a good way.

It was clear last Monday that Pioli was toast. Clark even slipped once in his interview with Petro. And yet Pioli dragged it out.

Want to share some of your wealth? I mean, you must be insanely rich to say "No thanks" to 20M dollars.

GloryDayz 01-05-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9287162)
I have been in two board meetings when someone was asked to wait outside for awhile. It always ended badly for the excluded party.

But it's one of the most hard-ass things you can do in business; look a grown executive in the eye and tell him to give you some time alone with the "important people" and watch him slink out the door with his buttocks clinched like a fist.

Clark has a mean streak in him, I'm telling you. He didn't have to invite Pioli along for that interview. Then, to purposefully exclude him from the main talks? Ouch and damn.

FAX

Prolly just told him to go look for gum wrappers.

FAX 01-05-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9287166)
Fitting though considering how Fat Scott by all accounts bullied many employees... especially lower level employees within the Chiefs organization.

I don't feel sorry for him. I'm not saying that. I don't. He caused sufficient pain that it's nothing more than justice in my view.

I'm merely reflecting on just how unbelievably embarrassing a moment like that can be. It's probably the most humiliating, humbling experience any person can go through ... particularly if you're a prideful egotist.

I've seen a similar situation bring a grown man to tears.

FAX

FloridaMan88 01-05-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

It was probably the most comfortable he had been in his 4 years in KC since it allowed him to revert back to his role with the Patriots... standing outside holding Belichick's briefcase as Belichick made all the important decisions.

FAX 01-05-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Good point.

Clark neutered him in public just days prior. Eviscerated the stupid bastard. Repeatedly.

Then Pioli "tags along" on these interviews?

What kind of person does that? My God. Any prideful human would have told Clark to shove it and left under his own steam.

Pioli must be some kind of weird.

FAX

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 11:50 PM

Just pisses me off!!!!

He came in with such promise but absolutely destroyed the organization very soon after. Sure there were some things he came in and had to clean up on and off the field but there were also big parts of the organization that were working very well (namely relations with the fanbase). He choose to destroy everything... even the stuff he thought was good. There was literally a dark cloud that hung above KC and for sure Arrowhead. The day Pioli was fired, it was like the dark cloud went away, much like in a movie.

In the end the Chiefs franchise turned into the one thing every fanbase hopes they never witness or a part of. I'm sure it is the way the Lions fans felt with Millen in charge. It is the lowest of lows and the only way to fix the mess is to completely clean house and start over... we are doing that right now.

Munson 01-05-2013 11:50 PM

Pretty much everything that Pioli did in 2009 royally ****ed this franchise.

It was only a matter of time before this team imploded.

Deberg_1990 01-05-2013 11:53 PM

I think I can honestly say now that I would have preferred Carl and Herm for 4 more years over the Scott Pioli regime. That's sad.

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 11:55 PM

You know what was the first moment I knew this franchise was f**ked? It was when I saw the banners go down inside the stadium on gameday. The moment I no longer heard much about player charity stuff publicly. When I saw Gonzo wanting out shortly after the hire and the whole Brian Waters ordeal. We should have known right then something horrible was going on and about to happen in a grand scale.

I really hate myself for saying this but I agree with you... I would have taken four more years of Herm over this mess. At least I was entertained in defeat.

Reerun_KC 01-05-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9287194)
I think I can honestly say now that I would have preferred Carl and Herm for 4 more years over the Scott Pioli regime. That's sad.

Hopefully we have paid our restitution for hiring Herman. 4 years should be enough. Hopefully the NFL gods will forgive our stupidity.

Hiring Herman is devastating to your franchise.

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 11:59 PM

Hiring Herm was devastating but not even close as bad as Pioli imo. Herm had some redeeming qualities, Pioli had none.

cdcox 01-06-2013 12:08 AM

It was time for Herm to go. That was the right decision. Pioli was a reasonable choice for GM. Turned out bad, and we got rid of him at the first reasonable opportunity. Stuff like that happens. It doesn't mean we should have kept Herm. I dare say...

It's a process.

TEX 01-06-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9287146)
"Scott Pioli likely came to know his time in charge of the Chiefs had expired outside of a conference room at a Philadelphia airport"

awesome.

:clap: No $hit. I wonder if somewhere in the back of his mind he thought he would survive and keep his job with simply losing some respinsibility? I hope that was the case