ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Likely to be the finalized staff... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268758)

The Bad Guy 01-11-2013 09:39 AM

My buddy is a beat writer for the Jets. He said that Sutton really pushed for a more simplified approach from Rex.

He runs an attacking defense.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9305176)
My buddy is a beat writer for the Jets. He said that Sutton really pushed for a more simplified approach from Rex.

He runs an attacking defense.

Well I like hearing that.

the Talking Can 01-11-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9305163)
I have a worse comparison - I feel like I felt when we brought in Dabol from Miami.

daboob was a fraud

more likely sutton is just mediocre

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9305181)
daboob was a fraud

more likely sutton is just mediocre

Yeah, Sutton has been coaching too long to be a fraud. He's got head coaching experience (At Army, lulz) and been in the game for the better part of 2 decades. He's no Daballess. He's closer to Gunther Cunningham.

the Talking Can 01-11-2013 09:42 AM

gonna have to wait and see....an odd assortment

Rexx 01-11-2013 09:43 AM

I was expecting more established coordinators, but as others have said, I will reserve judgement until we see them on the field. Sutton looks like a proper, nice guy...hopefully he coaches with some fire as I prefer seeing that in a defensive coordinator.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-11-2013 09:44 AM

I was hoping Reid would've gotten a well-known and respected DC since we all know he's gonna be spending a lot of time with the offense.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:44 AM

I really like the defensive lineup of coaches. I like Brasher, and wanted to keep Gibbs and Thomas. Special teams coach is a coup in my eyes. I'm pretty happy. We'll just have to play wait and see with Sutton. He goes 1 gap and brings an attacking defense, I think we can do very well.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 9305188)
I was expecting more established coordinators, but as others have said, I will reserve judgement until we see them on the field. Sutton looks like a proper, nice guy...hopefully he coaches with some fire as I prefer seeing that in a defensive coordinator.

Being an old army guy he's going to bring some ****ing discipline to the defense, and they desperately need it. As long as he can scheme, we should be in real good shape. That's the real unknown here.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-11-2013 09:46 AM

Is this all really official anyway?

Dante84 01-11-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

David Culley has served as the Eagles wide receivers coach since 1999, Andy Reid's first season as head coach, and has been a valuable contributor to the Eagles' offensive success. He was promoted to senior offensive assistant/wide receivers coach in 2011. In this role, Culley will continue to play a vital role in assisting offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and the remainder of the offensive staff in formulating all aspects of the offensive game plan on a weekly basis.
http://legacy.philadelphiaeagles.com..._culley_1.html

Jeremy Maclin, come on down!

Hoover 01-11-2013 09:46 AM

I have a number of fears about switching back to the 4-3.

1. It creates some major needs on defense. The last time we switched schemes we used the #3 pick on Tyson Jackson... Would have to see a defense "need" prevent us from taking a QB.

2. When you look at all the DC names we heard of most of them run the cover 2. I think that's an outdated defense, especially against running qbs. While I'd love to have Lovie Smith, I don't want to see the cover two back in KC.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9305204)
I have a number of fears about switching back to the 4-3.

1. It creates some major needs on defense. The last time we switched schemes we used the #3 pick on Tyson Jackson... Would have to see a defense "need" prevent us from taking a QB.

2. When you look at all the DC names we heard of most of them run the cover 2. I think that's an outdated defense, especially against running qbs. While I'd love to have Lovie Smith, I don't want to see the cover two back in KC.

Tyson is going to have to rework his deal. Yeah, he improved last year, but that ****er isn't getting 17 millio of Hunt dollars for his body of work to date. It's still a huge question mark if he'll be back.

DTLB58 01-11-2013 09:48 AM

ST- Dave Toub- This is huge. Andy has made several comments about upgrading our ST's in his interviews. :clap:

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9305192)
I was hoping Reid would've gotten a well-known and respected DC since we all know he's gonna be spending a lot of time with the offense.

Who was available?

Kiffin wasn't interested. Which was good.

The guy most of us liked, Rivera is staying with the Panthers.

No one likes Rob Ryan.

I was interested in Greene from GB, but he's never been a DC.