ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaston sees bigger opportunity with new Chiefs regime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269850)

Hammock Parties 02-08-2013 11:09 PM

Steve Breaston was on a year's paid vacation as far as I'm concerned in 2012.

**** you, Scooter.

mcaj22 02-08-2013 11:18 PM

he was put into the dog house because *****'s draft picks(Baldwin, McCluster, Wylie, All the UDFA turds) were gifted free pass roles on this team last season and Breaston was/is competition and a better player than all of them

and Scooter couldnt have that

TLO 02-08-2013 11:30 PM

He SHOULD be our slot guy, not Dex McSpin.

HolyHat 02-08-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9388653)
He SHOULD be our slot guy, not Dex McSpin.

Dex will be moved to backfield, probably in split back situations with Jamaal.

Hammock Parties 02-08-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9388655)
Dex will be moved to backfield, probably in split back situations with Jamaal.

He needs to be moved to the Saskatchewan Roughriders backfield.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 02-08-2013 11:50 PM

Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that Breaston got the royal shaft from asshat *****. Anybody that tied his ship to Matt Cassel and vowed to stick with him at all costs doesn't qualify to run a local bingo game. Getting rid of ***** will be worth 6 wins all by itself so we are already at 8 wins this year before Reid calls his first offensive play. We are lucky that Breaston is still on the roster and willing to show the fans what he can really do. This season has such a high ceiling that Chiefs fans haven't experienced for at least 20 years. We have been programmed to be disappointed for so long that we are afraid to be optimistic. Just having a new GM and head coach is reason to get excited for the 2013 Chiefs. We have hit rock bottom and the only way to go is up! It's time to shed your inhibitions and become true fans again. Lose the paper bags and put the champagne on ice because the Chiefs are back!

Imon Yourside 02-08-2013 11:54 PM

I really like Breaston and think he was probably our 2nd best receiver, No idea why he wasn't playing.

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 02:34 AM

Would be nice to go into 2013 with Bowe, 2nd or 3rd round pick, Breaston, Baldwin, Gilyard as our main group.

CupidStunt 02-09-2013 06:42 AM

I'm not the type of guy who drinks from a rose-tinted, 3/4-full glass, but I truly believe if we go into 2013 with the same WR core on paper as last year, they'll be successful with Reid as HC - assuming we draft Geno or otherwise get a QB with a pulse in here. Led by Bowe and with Breaston in the slot, I still truly believe that the core overall can match up with a lot of teams in the league, they've just been so completely misused and abused by unthinkably bad QB play.

ChiliConCarnage 02-09-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac (Post 9388301)
But he had just 74 yards.

Man, that's awful. The guy had 2 games with more than 74 yards in 2011 and a game of 73 yards. I wonder if we'll ever find out what the deal was..

It's nice he gave out several ipads anyway.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-09-2013 07:35 AM

Reid should put Baldwin at TE and pick up the fastest goddamn reciever with hands in the draft to play opposite Bowe.

Dave Lane 02-09-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9388347)
I really think he was put into *****'s dog house last year because he was a haley guy. I expect big things from him this year.

“I played the slot position my first year here. I didn’t get a down in the slot last year. I can’t explain it. Nobody explained it to me.”

This pisses me off

Pioli was the worst thing that ever happened to the Chiefs.

Dave Lane 02-09-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9388690)
I really like Breaston and think he was probably our 2nd best receiver, No idea why he wasn't playing.

Spell it P I O L I and of course sorry for filter evasion but **** that guy!

KCSPORTSNUT 02-09-2013 08:35 AM

If you think about it the reason Breaston was screwed last year was that old GM guy.Breaston was a Haley guy,but putting him in the slot would have meant less time for Pioli's draft pick McCluster who i dont feel performed up to par in the slot.But then again he kept shoving Cassel down our throats too.

Idahojim 02-09-2013 10:23 AM

Receiving dream

Chiefs have money to spend. How about Bowe and Maclin. Then Baldwin, Breaston and McCluster and a draft pick? Oh, yeah - and a QB to throw to them. Gotta like that!