ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what would you feel is fair value for our pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270263)

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9424310)
Maybe buffalo that owner said he wants a qb might be scared cardinals or raiders take them before. That buffalo pick next year might be a good one.

He wants Mike Glennon in a bad way.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9424254)
So let's say we got a trade for our pick what do you think is fair value?

3000 points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9424271)
The Rams and Skins set the market last year.

There were basically 2 #1 overall picks in last year's draft.

Anything less than that haul the Rams received is unacceptable

The target in that trade was RGIII. A hot commodity unmatched by anyone in this year's draft. That trade cannot be the measuring stick.

RealSNR 02-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9424306)
That was for a RGIII level talent. Who is worth that to some other team?

With the way RGIII plays, I would rather have Geno Smith.

But that's neither here nor there. You're right... the perception out there is that teams don't want any of the top QBs this year. That's why trading is dumb this year. Nobody would win. The Chiefs wouldn't get their franchise QB and the other team would pay far too much out the ass to draft a ****ing tackle.

Coogs 02-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9424318)
Keep hearing that the old draft value chart is no longer valid.

Yeah, I know. But what are you going to do until they come out with their new one? :shrug:

I didn't suffer through a 2-14 season to move all the way down to #16 for just an additional #22 pick.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9424318)
Keep hearing that the old draft value chart is no longer valid.

I broke down a few of the trades from last years draft and the only one that didn't match up to the chart was the RG3 trade...trades for qbs always require more.

The people you keep hearing that from dont do their homework.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9424320)
All that, and yet the Rams still got screwed.

Not if RGIII is only good for a couple of years. The way he's getting hit, that's not unimaginable.

O.city 02-21-2013 09:26 PM

I think I've figured out why Chiefs fans are so for taking a retread. They've seen him play in the league, while he might not be (probably isn't as a team is trading him for a reason) good enough to get us to the playoffs or a SB, he's got enough experience and isn't bad enough for us to bottom out. He'll win a few games if we can get a good defense like we had in the 90s when Arrowhead was at it's best, we can have a great Sunday and BBQ, but we will never be bad enough to make us a laughingstock.

Well, it took Scott Pioli and his whole circus of **** nuts to bring down the big tent on this circus and with a retread backup QB we bottomed out. Now we have the first pick, some fans are terrified we're going to take a QB and he's going to bust, hell, he very well could.

But we went thru all that, now we have a QB guru who values the position, a GM who also does, both guys who have gotten the most success by drafting a QB high.

One or two of these QB's will separate himself in the next month or two, so lets give this other option a try. See what happens.

O.city 02-21-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424330)
I broke down a few of the trades from last years draft and the only one that didn't match up to the chart was the RG3 trade...trades for qbs always require more.

First off, they weren't trading to 1.

If we're trading from 1 to ****ing 16, we better damn well get the WHOLE 2nd round.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:27 PM

Buffalos owner said they want to trade up for a QB...well, lets illustrate how much that would cost them to move to #1 overall.

#1 = 3000
#8= 1400

The value of future picks is cut in half of their current picks value, as a general guideline when teams have traded them for qbs in the past.

That means Buffalo would need to give up at least their next 2 firsts and their number 8 overall to get the deal done and that still leaves them 200 points shy.

That makes them give up their third this year. It's valued by 230 points.

So, if we were to move back to 8, we would get picks 8 and 72 this year as well as Buffalos next two first rounders.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 09:28 PM

If we trade the pick, Denise Milani has to have sex with the entire fanbase.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...42315733_o.jpg

chiefscafan 02-21-2013 09:31 PM

Did u go 2-14 to draft a tackle and lose our left tackle sorry unles foles is coming I think we need to take geno.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424330)

This.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424346)
Buffalos owner said they want to trade up for a QB...well, lets illustrate how much that would cost them to move to #1 overall.

#1 = 3000
#8= 1400

The value of future picks is cut in half of their current picks value, as a general guideline when teams have traded them for qbs in the past.

That means Buffalo would need to give up at least their next 2 firsts and their number 8 overall to get the deal done and that still leaves them 200 points shy.

That makes them give up their third this year. It's valued by 230 points.

So, if we were to move back to 8, we would get picks 8 and 72 this year as well as Buffalos next two first rounders.

Yep.

I brought this up in regards to Foles. For us to trade down with Philly, we'd have to swap picks and the Chiefs would need to get Foles, a 1st next year, and either a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424387)
Yep.

I brought this up in regards to Foles. For us to trade down with Philly, we'd have to swap picks and the Chiefs would need to get Foles, a 1st next year, and either a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year.

That's about right.

For the record, I wouldn't be terribly pissed if something like that went down, but I'd rather just keep our pick and draft Geno.

milkman 02-21-2013 10:03 PM

There isn't a single player worth trading up for other than QB, so this is worthless discussion.