ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs trying to restructure Tyson Jackson's contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270292)

Chiefs=Champions 02-22-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9426856)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VHIcnumqEHM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hahahaha ****.

BossChief 02-22-2013 09:02 PM

I'd love to see Dorsey and Jackson in a situation where their job is to try to penetrate.

Jackson and Poe as the ends and Dorsey as the nose.

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9426889)
I'd love to see Dorsey and Jackson in a situation where their job is to try to penetrate.

Watch any third down snap in 2009 or 2012.

Dorsey sucked at it in 2009 out of the nickel.

Jackson sucked at it in 2012 out of the nickel.

They're not penetrators. They have an incredible lack of quickness and pass rushing moves. Not to mention speed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-22-2013 09:06 PM

Is he even worth 1/1.6?

tony77 02-22-2013 09:13 PM

hmmmmmmmm interesting

Hootie 02-22-2013 09:14 PM

I wonder if Jackson could start at LSU at this point...

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9426861)
I hope Dorsey is brought back on a 1 year deal, too.

Glad to hear they are working on getting our own guys extended. Jackson is a good football player, his draft position isn't his fault.

I will always wonder if he paid ***** a finders fee for it.

I'd have zero problems with Dorsey and Jacksons production if they were picked in the 4th round.

keg in kc 02-22-2013 10:12 PM

Anything that keep us from drafting starfish lollypop or whatever his name is.

Titty Meat 02-22-2013 10:16 PM

Yuck Dorsey is trying to win with these losers?

silver5liter 02-22-2013 10:16 PM

But but matt miller told me it was going to be impossible!!!

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-22-2013 10:17 PM

Chiefs and Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson having 'ongoing conversations'

By Joel Thorman on Feb 22, 4:08p 109

Jeff Hanisch-US PRESSWIRE

KC Chiefs GM John Dorsey spoke to the media at the NFL Combine on Friday and gave (non-)updates on Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert, the Chiefs two biggest free agents. But what about Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson? Dorsey said the Chiefs continue to communicate with them.
Tweet

The buzzword for Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey on Friday was "ongoing conversations". Or "ongoing communication". Some variation of that. The Chiefs GM was asked about Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert, who are both free agents, and Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson, who are viewed as possible salary cap casualties by a lot of folks.

Read what Dorsey said on Albert and Bowe here. And then here's what Andy Reid said about them.

Let's move onto the potential salary cap casualties.

When asked about Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson, Dorsey gave pretty much the same answer.

Keep reading: Andy Reid's Combine press conference

On Cassel's future, Dorsey said, "Yeah, we've sat and talked. Again, it's an ongoing conversation."

We all know the story with Cassel. He's due over $7 million next year and most folks expect him to get cut. I'm one of the few people who seem to think it's not a foregone conclusion that he'll be cut. The Chiefs would likely make a decision here by free agency in March.

On Tyson Jackson, Dorsey said, "Right now, again, we're in communication with his representatives and we're just talking through some things."

What would they be talking through? Oh, just the fact that Jackson is scheduled to be the highest paid Chief next season. There's no doubt that contract is completely out of whack and it will need to be fixed. Is Jackson willing to take the pay cut to stay in Kansas City? If he is, the question is how much. It will need to be a significant drop-off from that $14+ million number. I do think it would be in the Chiefs best interest to bring Jackson back assuming they can do so at a much lower rate. I don't like the idea of the Chiefs losing both their starting defensive ends from last season (assuming Glenn Dorsey is gone).

SMH AT CASSEL TALK

Mother****erJones 02-22-2013 10:18 PM

Just cut these ****ing 2 guys already so we can move on!

NJChiefsFan 02-22-2013 10:20 PM

Restructure Jackson and Cassel. Let Albert go to draft Joeckel. Trade for Alex Smith. Alex Smith backed up by Matt Cassel.

Yum #offseason #itsanewday

Mother****erJones 02-22-2013 10:26 PM

It would be funny just to see the faces of the "experts" if we re-signed Bowe, Albert and picked Geno number 1

BossChief 02-22-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426899)
Watch any third down snap in 2009 or 2012.

Dorsey sucked at it in 2009 out of the nickel.

Jackson sucked at it in 2012 out of the nickel.

They're not penetrators. They have an incredible lack of quickness and pass rushing moves. Not to mention speed.

I don't care. They were being coached to hold their ground, not attack. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see them be able to b coached to attack and see what happens.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Glenn Dorsey's first step at LSU was ELITE...it's what got him drafted top five. They used both 1 and 2 gap schemes there, and when he was able to use that first step, he became a beast.

I'd like to see FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL if that first step is totally gone, or if it can be resurrected in a system that could utilize it.

I'd have no problem giving him a 1 year 3.5 million deal and see if he can return to the talented disrupter or he was in college.