ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (3/8/13) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270887)

CleveSteve 03-11-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9484727)
I absolutely hate Nickell Robey.

The guy is like 5'7", 160 lbs.

I get that. Despite his size limitation, though, the guy has great instincts. He was 1st team all-pac 12 in 2011 (ahead of Poyer and Trufant) and 2nd team this year after teams stopped throwing at him. That's why he'll have to play nickel in the NFL.

Doesn't really matter, though, with the Dunta Robinson signing another corner seems like less of a priority.

Thanks for the feedback!

CleveSteve 03-11-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9484728)
Alex Hurst in the seventh is a decent pick. And...that's about it.

Not a fan of Greene or Star, eh? What would you suggest needs more of a priority? I hope to improve every team's mock the next time through, and would like to hear suggestions from fans of the teams. Thanks!

Saccopoo 03-11-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 9484772)
Not a fan of Greene or Star, eh? What would you suggest needs more of a priority? I hope to improve every team's mock the next time through, and would like to hear suggestions from fans of the teams. Thanks!

We picked the exact same dude as Star last year in Poe. Picking Star is completely redundant and a waste. Greene is a college safety/weakside outside linebacker who is absolutely maxed in terms of his weight right now. That's not a 34 Mike backer that the Chiefs need. He's a nice, instinctive player, but he's not a 34 LB at the next level. Not even close.

jd1020 03-11-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 9484764)
Doesn't really matter, though, with the Dunta Robinson signing another corner seems like less of a priority.

Another?

I would put money on Dunta NOT being the Chiefs idea of a #2 CB.

CleveSteve 03-11-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9484795)
We picked the exact same dude as Star last year in Poe. Picking Star is completely redundant and a waste. Greene is a college safety/weakside outside linebacker who is absolutely maxed in terms of his weight right now. That's not a 34 Mike backer that the Chiefs need. He's a nice, instinctive player, but he's not a 34 LB at the next level. Not even close.

OK, thanks for the suggestion. I don't know that I agree that Powe and Star are the same player... I see Powe as the "Dancing Bear" type who didn't really do anything in college. Star is a guy who will lock up 2 or 3 blockers (as he did at Utah) with his strength. Plus, I see Star as a 5T DE for the Chiefs who can play NT if Poe ends up not turning out well.

I do agree that Greene is maxed out. But he is big enough to be a ILB in a 3-4... Navorro Bowman is 6'0" 242# and Patrick Willis is 6'1" 240# and they were All-Pros. Greene is 6'1" 241#. So are you looking for more of a Vince Williams-type of LB to put in there? Someone who wants to obliterate the FB rather than make a play on the ball? I get that, and it puts less of a priority on the position, but I disagree that he can't play there.

CleveSteve 03-11-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9484817)
Another?

I would put money on Dunta NOT being the Chiefs idea of a #2 CB.

So Arenas hasn't been a competent outside corner for you guys? I also assumed Robinson going inside. That's why I think he makes the Robey pick unnecessary.

I really appreciate all the input, guys. It helps a lot.

jd1020 03-11-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 9484828)
So Arenas hasn't been a competent outside corner for you guys?

No.

Robinson will probably play S and Arenas will go back to nickel and we'll bring someone in that isn't a midget to play CB #2.

Direckshun 03-11-2013 10:51 AM

I would say that Arenas has been competent at corner on the outside, yes.

Nightfyre 03-11-2013 08:28 PM

I really like Arenas in the nickel. He is adequate in coverage and an excellent blitzer, based on what I've seen. We need to make a move to keep him there.

RyFo18 03-11-2013 08:34 PM

I really hope Patton is there at 3.1.