ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hey chiefs fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270927)

tooge 03-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9478927)
Alex Smith is not a "how it's done" type of QB.

I'm or a big ASmith fan either, but this group realizes that we didn't have a QB on the roster capable of winning in the NFL. So, they went and got one.

This, of course, was just the start. Wait till FA is done. I'll bet we have a guard and DE also. We signed a stopgap corner, we'll draft another.

I'm lovin this FO.

I like Geno Smith. Maybe we get him, who knows. I do know this, this FO has a plan and is executing it quickly. Gotta love that!

O.city 03-09-2013 12:45 AM

Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like pioli and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9478933)
and I'm not being sarcastic or funny at all, reid and Dorsey are killing it. badass

How exactly?

The only guy they've brought in that wasn't on this team was dunta mother ****ing robinson.

No, they are not killing it.

Edit: And Alex Smith.

Either you guys have the lowest standards ever, or you just need something to be excited about.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9478965)
Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like ***** and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

My point exactly. They see a hole in the roster and they fill it with the best guy available at the time.

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478971)
How exactly?

The only guy they've brought in that wasn't on this team was dunta mother ****ing robinson.

And alex Smith... not much more they can do because it's not even the new league year yet dumbass

Mother****erJones 03-09-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9478955)
I'm only here cus I thought the Chiefs would take Geno :(

Peace!nlm

B14ckmon 03-09-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9478979)
Peace!nlm

Who said I was leaving out nig nog? Too many fellow Iowans for me to do that.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478971)
How exactly?

Huh?

They signed Bowe. They franchised Albert. They signed Colquit. They signed Alex Smith. They signed Robinson.

Don't you see what they are doing? They are essentially signing the best guys available at positions of need. They will do the same in the draft after free agency is over and they know what holes they have.

Cephalic Trauma 03-09-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9478978)
And alex Smith... not much more they can do because it's not even the new league year yet dumbass

So they can't do much more, and yet they are killing it.

In your mind, a brokedick CB and Alice Smith means a team that was 2-14 last year is killing it. Got it.

STFU

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2013 12:54 AM

I know the idea of adding new players is exciting, but people were jacked when they signed Shawn Barber, Holliday, and McPassOn as well. Same with Kendrell Bell.

It's very, very rare for free agents to make an impact on their new teams commensurate with the size of their contracts.

tooge 03-09-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478989)

In your mind, a brokedick CB and Alice Smith means a team that was 2-14 last year is killing it. Got it.

STFU

Dude, the league year hasn't even started yet. These guys have a philosophy and so far, I like it.

KurtCobain 03-09-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9478989)

STFU

No, dumbass. they are killing it IMO for resigning a couple of my favorite players back to the team, and for publicly trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. reports are theyre out there and theyre active and I love it

DaneMcCloud 03-09-2013 12:57 AM

That is IT! I'll NEVER let you clean my teeth!

(seriously, how weird would that be anyway? :D)

tooge 03-09-2013 12:58 AM

Mods, can we change the name of the lounge to Debbie Downer lounge please. FFS.

BossChief 03-09-2013 12:58 AM

So far I'm split 50-50

They got raped on the Smith trade
Robinson was done last year and isn't gonna find the fountain of youth
Paying Bowe and Colquit at the level their play dictates is encouraging
Franchising Albert was good and it keeps rolling that they are trying to extend him long term on ESPN
They have trimmed a lot of fat off this roster

I'm anxious to see the direction they go in the draft.