ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Wichita State Shockers a virtual lock for the title game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271446)

cosmo20002 03-25-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9528433)
Yeah, how outrageous. He asked to say congrats to a team that probably was excited to hear him say it.

Not outrageous, just kind of weird. He has no connection to the program or school, but he just thought they would love to hear from him.

"So I just want to say congrats. You're an inspiration to so many people, so always remember that and how you carry yourself and your character, how you represent your school, your family, your team, your brothers on the team, but also, man, just go out there and ball out, leave nothing on the court. I know you don't need to hear that from me, but I just wish y'all luck and we're praying for you. God bless, and y'all go do it, all right, guys?"

Thanks for the lecture, guy I've never heard of. Who are you again? Oh, a 3rd-string NFL QB? This is quite an honor.
/Wichita State BB players

tooge 03-25-2013 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tebow probably gave em each on of these.

blaise 03-25-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9528456)
Not outrageous, just kind of weird. He has no connection to the program or school, but he just thought they would love to hear from him.

"So I just want to say congrats. You're an inspiration to so many people, so always remember that and how you carry yourself and your character, how you represent your school, your family, your team, your brothers on the team, but also, man, just go out there and ball out, leave nothing on the court. I know you don't need to hear that from me, but I just wish y'all luck and we're praying for you. God bless, and y'all go do it, all right, guys?"

Thanks for the lecture, guy I've never heard of. Who are you again? Oh, a 3rd-string NFL QB? This is quite an honor.
/Wichita State BB players

They've never heard of Tim Tebow? I doubt that. It's not really even that weird. He's a former college athlete that won a Heisman and a national championship, and he wanted to say congrats. The Wichita State players probably thought it was cool.
The only thing that's really weird about it is you getting so upset that you'd wish you could become the Wichita coach just so you could tell him no. That's weird.

ptlyon 03-25-2013 11:56 AM

"Excuse me while I whip this out"

OmahaChief 03-25-2013 11:57 AM

All they need now is a little Ray Lewis pray and dance and they will be destined to win it all.

cosmo20002 03-25-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9528469)
They've never heard of Tim Tebow? I doubt that. It's not really even that weird. He's a former college athlete that won a Heisman and a national championship, and he wanted to say congrats. The Wichita State players probably thought it was cool.
The only thing that's really weird about it is you getting so upset that you'd wish you could become the Wichita coach just so you could tell him no. That's weird.

Pure attention whoring. Both of you.

FishingRod 03-25-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9528363)
Maybe KU will be forced to play Wichita State now....

I had heard the old KU won’t play WSU ever again thing a few times so I looked around to see what I could find. I make no claim as to the validity of this as it is just a post on another site but this is what was said.

" As I remember it there were really four issues:

1) When KU and WSU negotiated the deal KU was given a large number of tickets to the game that the they could sell. They of course sold the crap out of them to Wichita fans who normally don't get to see a KU game. Then when it came time to deliver WSU said they only had like 1/4 the tickets they'd promised available. KU had to call up a couple thousand fans last minute and tell them they did not actually have tickets they'd already purchased.

2) When KU showed up for the game they were told the visitors locker room was unavailable due to renovations. They had to change in an alcove off the hallway or something. This of course meant that after the game they did not get showers and had to ride back to Lawrence unshowered.

3) During the game the crowd got really out of control (mostly students I'm assuming). They were throwing things onto the floor and pelting the players on the bench with coins. KU called a timeout just to try and get the refs to do something about the crowd (which apparently didn't happen). I believe one of the KU bench players actually had blood drawn by something that hit him in the head.

4) Late in the game with KU up 30 there were several incidents with WSU players and hard fouls, etc that Roy didn't feel like were being addresses by the refs.

Now #4 may well have just been Roy being the crybaby that Roy was (although that was mostly later) but the others really did sound out of control. #3 was the thing that made the news but I'm sure #1 was the real issue as far as the administration was concerned. #2 was just an a-hole move all around."

Now Bill Self says there is nothing in it for KU to play them. They schedule non con games as often as they can at the Field house because that is where me make money. Sounds like a logical answer.

blaise 03-25-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9528484)
Pure attention whoring. Both of you.

Well, good luck with your dreams of becoming a coach just so you can deny Tim Tebow entry to a bus!

cosmo20002 03-25-2013 12:10 PM

Wichita State Coach: Hey team, I've got a real special surprise for you! Someone asked if they could preach to you say congratulations, so here he is--

Team: [hushed in silent anticipation of the special surprise]

Coach: Tim Tebow!

Team: ugh

Tebow: "You're an inspiration to so many people, so always remember that and how you carry yourself and your character, how you represent your school, your family, your team, your brothers on the team, but also, man, just go out there and ball out, leave nothing on the court. I know you don't need to hear that from me, but I just wish y'all luck and we're praying for you. God bless, and y'all go do it, all right, guys?"

Team: Gee, thanks Mr. Tebow! We always love hearing from people we don't care about telling us how to carry ourselves. We were going to go home and beat our girlfriends, but you've changed our minds.

Graystoke 03-25-2013 12:11 PM

Tebow said. "All of you all together, ballin' out there together

Sounds Homo.

blaise 03-25-2013 12:11 PM

I take it back, the weirdest thing isn't your dream, but rather your insistence that these kids wouldn't know who Tim Tebow is.

cosmo20002 03-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9528501)
Well, good luck with your dreams of becoming a coach just so you can deny Tim Tebow entry to a bus!

What is this dream you keep referencing?

blaise 03-25-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9528527)
What is this dream you keep referencing?

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought your initial wording in post 12 said you wished you were the coach so you could tell him no.

Either way, the fact that this bothers you is weirder than anything Tebow did. And you acting like these kids wouldn't recognize Tebow is bizarre.

"Hey guys, Tim Tebow wants to say congrats. What do you think?"

"Oh, cool! Wait, coach, some internet toad might think it's weird. Maybe we shouldn't."

Just sounds like you're kind of a crybaby about Tebow for whatever reason.

KChiefer 03-25-2013 12:22 PM

Tebow's connection is that he's pen-pals with Dennis "BTK" Rader.

cosmo20002 03-25-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9528539)
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought your initial wording in post 12 said you wished you were the coach so you could tell him no.

Either way, the fact that this bothers you is weirder than anything Tebow did. And you acting like these kids wouldn't recognize Tebow is bizarre.

"Hey guys, Tim Tebow wants to say congrats. What do you think?"

"Oh, cool! Wait, coach, some internet toad might think it's weird. Maybe we shouldn't."

Just sounds like you're kind of a crybaby about Tebow for whatever reason.

My initial wording was the same as the current wording, in which I never said anything about wishing to be the coach.

I'm only bothered that innocent kids had to be subjected to the preaching and media whoring of the NFL's Kim Kardashian.