ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hunt outlines changes the Chiefs are making to get the red back in Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272080)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-13-2013 07:35 PM

Eric Winston with a spear vs 22 hungry man eating lions would please the crowd.

Rasputin 04-13-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9584466)
Hunt gets it. Good on Clark.

He doesn't get anything if they don't do things like draft a QBotf for future hopes to build a winning franchise with. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

Build a winning football team. They will come.

DTLB58 04-13-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9584466)
Hunt gets it. Good on Clark.

I agree, he is trying to show the fans he cares.

I know everyone wants to see the W's and I do just as much as anyone. This marks my 40th year as a very loyal committed Chief fan. But he hired people for the football side of it, he decided he didn't want to be JJ (at least not to that extent).

So he is working on other things. And yes, it is a business.

BryanBusby 04-13-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9584472)
They better do something about filling the gold seats in the middle ring around the stadium that is 75% empty every time they show it on TV. That looks sorry.

I found my sweet seat and that ain't it.

Lower the ****ing price on them would be a good start. :)

suzzer99 04-13-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

They better do something about filling the gold seats in the middle ring around the stadium that is 75% empty every time they show it on TV. That looks sorry.

It kills the atmosphere too.

Spott 04-13-2013 07:43 PM

Let's see, they brought in yet another in a long line of shitty backup QB's to save the franchise which everyone knows doesn't work. Unless they are lowering the exhorbitant ticket, parking and concession prices, I don't see any thing better for the fans.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 07:51 PM

Mellinger sure is getting off on calling us "nasty" since the movement ended.

"No, no, Mr. Hunt, I had nothing to do with those nasty fans."

RealSNR 04-13-2013 07:55 PM

If this rewards program would have been around when Pioli was GM, a certain number of points would earn you a free clue.

RealSNR 04-13-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9584573)
Mellinger sure is getting off on calling us "nasty" since the movement ended.

"No, no, Mr. Hunt, I had nothing to do with those nasty fans."

I also noticed that.

Mellinger never was very helpful to the SOC movement. When he wrote about it, he didn't really ever back it. It was just his reporting that brought attention to it, and his kind of "WOAH these people sure are pissed!" attitude that he couldn't help but sneak in.

I also didn't care for his weekly "WOW THE CHIEFS SURE DO SUCK" columns. No ****ing shit, Sam. Tell us something we don't know. You already said they historically suck last week. Give us something different you hack.

RunKC 04-13-2013 08:00 PM

Clark has shown us how much he cares about this team the last 4 years.

Bringing in the best GM candidate on the market 4 years ago and now bringing in the best and most proven coaching candidate along with a highly touted GM once again shows he wants the best qualified people to run the franchise.

The QB situation has nothing to do with Clark.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 08:02 PM

Column should be retitled "Hunt wants the Chiefs to get out of the red."

BossChief 04-13-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9584508)
Lower the ****ing price on them would be a good start. :)

Not sure if it's changed or not, but it wasn't just the price that turned me away from ordering some of those seats not too long ago...it was that they required fans to sign a contract that forced them to have a commitment to those seats for 3 years.

If he wants to fill those seats (as well as the luxury boxes he built with the renovation) big money people are gonna have to have a star quarterback to root for.

RealSNR 04-13-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9584613)
Column should be retitled "Hunt wants the Chiefs to get out of the red."

...into something more comfortable...

Gay.

BryanBusby 04-13-2013 08:06 PM

The contractual obligation isn't horrible, considering it's a somewhat short length (at least compared to the whole PSL shit).

Hammock Parties 04-13-2013 08:07 PM

When the season ticket sales report comes out this fall, Hunt will turn down the lights, turn up his his stereo, and get really turned on as he dances with a mannequin in a Chiefs jersey to "Lady in Red."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vt2YIpZWBqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>