ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher tweeting the Oline alignment today.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272163)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-16-2013 03:34 PM

Makes the Fisher draft a little more inevitable.

RealSNR 04-16-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9592791)
Albert's not a leader.

Because he had a contract dispute?

Priest Holmes had a contract dispute. Dwayne Bowe had a contract dispute. Are those guys not leaders?

Mr. Laz 04-16-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9592515)
I trust him on the bench until he proves in practice and in games that he's not a worthless piece of shit. pillowbiter.

you really should cut down on the caffeine ... or the crack.

talk about a quick trigger

mcaj22 04-16-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9592798)
I apologize for not looking too much into any of this on April 16th.

Much ado about nothing.

seeing how the draft is coming up, there is plenty to look into. An anemic, inexperienced line makes you think Fisher or Joeckel is a desperate need as a security blanket. Almost forced it into because the line prospects are so bad today

Sorter 04-16-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9592791)
Albert's not a leader.

WHile I don't know if that is true or not and certainly won't speculate as to who the "leaders" are on a team that aren't largely publicized (Ray Lewis), my primary reason behind keeping Albert would be to maintain consistency on the OL. Additionally, having a veteran LT who from what little I've been able to gather form interviews and such, he seems like he's been supportive of the other young OL players (namely Allen and Stephenson) and is beneficial as a teacher.

The last part is something that I think few rarely discuss or acknowledge but it exceptionally beneficial on any team. Veterans who embrace young talent who might replace them is something that is undervalued by most, IMO.

Direckshun 04-16-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9592814)
Because he had a contract dispute?

Priest Holmes had a contract dispute. Dwayne Bowe had a contract dispute. Are those guys not leaders?

No, because there's absolutely no evidence in five years that he's ever exhibited leadership.

Now, it's possible he has and we just don't know about it. But in this day and age, that's not very freaking likely.

It's pretty obvious who a team's leaders are.

mcaj22 04-16-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9592824)
No, because there's absolutely no evidence in five years that he's ever exhibited leadership.

Now, it's possible he has and we just don't know about it. But in this day and age, that's not very freaking likely.

and dare i ask, who are the team leaders? because i dont see one vocal player on this team

RealSNR 04-16-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9592824)

Last year's leader on the offensive line was apparently Ryan Lilja. I didn't hear about all the great leadership shit that he did.

Same goes for Matt Cassel. What the **** did he ever do to exhibit team leadership?

What if this team's leaders are Thomas Gafford and Edgar Jones? We don't ****ing know. We're not in the locker room. All we know is that we don't have some empty-headed douchebag like Tebow or Ray Lewis yelling their asses off. But that doesn't mean a player isn't a leader if he doesn't exhibit those behaviors.

Direckshun 04-16-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9592828)
and dare i ask, who are the team leaders? because i dont see one vocal player on this team

We don't really have any on offense. Cassel and Winston were the closest we had to outspoken leaders of the unit, and they're both gone. On defense, Belcher was clearly one until... yeah.

Flowers and Berry are also pretty well known as players their teammates love to rally behind. Berry's probably the closest we have to a leader on this team.

Maybe Alex Smith will emerge.

RealSNR 04-16-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9592828)

Eric Berry appears to have taken that role over on defense.

I couldn't point you to anybody on offense. Jon Baldwin works out at night. That's about all I know.

silver5liter 04-16-2013 03:44 PM

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 1m

Practice is over. A couple of notes: Chiefs later shuffled OL and lined up this way left to right . . .

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 37s

Stephenson, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, Allen. Remember that Allen played tackle in college at Illinois. Hudson looked fine, BTW

Direckshun 04-16-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9592832)
Last year's leader on the offensive line was apparently Ryan Lilja. I didn't hear about all the great leadership shit that he did.

Same goes for Matt Cassel. What the **** did he ever do to exhibit team leadership?

He ran a goddamn practice by himself during the lockout, SNR, as the clearest example.

Don't you even try to belittle that.

Quote:

What if this team's leaders are Thomas Gafford and Edgar Jones? We don't ****ing know. We're not in the locker room.

We basically are in the locker room, in 2013. The media has more access now than ever, and we're closer to the players than ever thanks to social media.

There is not one shred of anything that Albert was a guy his teammates rallied around.

He's just a guy that has been well-liked, does his job really well, and does his thing. Like every other Pro Bowl talent on this team, seemingly...

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9592798)
I apologize for not looking too much into any of this on April 16th.

Much ado about nothing.

The dude is an absolute drama queen. It's ridiculous. But, he expects us to believe Terrel Pryor would be Russ Wilson the 2nd if the Faiders played him this year ROFL

All 5 of those Chief OL have starting experience BTW

DaneMcCloud 04-16-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

What if this team's leaders are Thomas Gafford and Edgar Jones? We don't ****ing know. We're not in the locker room. All we know is that we don't have some empty-headed douchebag like Tebow or Ray Lewis yelling their asses off. But that doesn't mean a player isn't a leader if he doesn't exhibit those behaviors.

This is one of the biggest issues moving forward, IMO: Who are or who will be this team's leader(s)?

Judging from the lack of success the Chiefs have experienced since the 2006 season (and really, 2005), I'd venture to say that they really haven't had a vocal offensive or defensive leader, let alone, a guy that leads the team overall.

Cassel wanted that role but his play on the field negated it. Berry was certainly becoming a strong player by the end of his rookie season but I think it took until December of 2012 before he was ready to lead and play well.

This team hasn't had a true leader since Trent Green's heyday. That's a long damn time.

Direckshun 04-16-2013 03:51 PM

Interesting swap of Allen and Schwartz at LG and RT....

Hm. I think SNR was theorizing they might do that exact thing.

I've always believed how you end a practice is more important than how you begin it.

I think Joeckel, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, and Allen may be the line...