ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Cargo Plane Crash in Trashganistan (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272646)

MIAdragon 04-30-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645879)
why in the world was the plane pulling up that steeply? there appears to be sufficient space....

to avoid small arms fire. I've got a really good buddy who's a load master at Bagram. Apparently they've been running around the clock getting everything out of that hell hole.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-30-2013 11:00 AM

something seems wrong more than a load shift. if you watch, the aircraft tips to the right (screen right) initially, then because of overcorrection(?) slams far left before stalling out and almost doing a hammerhead roll. it's almost as if they suffered a complete power loss at 3:32:48. Hard to tell from the viewing angle, but that doesn't look any steeper than those things routinely fly in some situations.

Demonpenz 04-30-2013 11:02 AM

Why was the guy just sitting there in the truck. He could have gone to see if there was any survivors.

Dayze 04-30-2013 11:06 AM

HAARP

DJ's left nut 04-30-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9645935)
something seems wrong more than a load shift. if you watch, the aircraft tips to the right (screen right) initially, then because of overcorrection(?) slams far left before stalling out and almost doing a hammerhead roll. it's almost as if they suffered a complete power loss at 3:32:48. Hard to tell from the viewing angle, but that doesn't look any steeper than those things routinely fly in some situations.

It doesn't until right before it loses altitude. It looks like he's on a standard ascent and then just a couple of seconds before he stalls, that nose shoots up. That's why I figured it was a load shift; you do appear to get that nose tipping up (though it's hard to say for certain from the angle).

And you can hear the thing is under full power as it goes into the ground. He's thrown the controls forward there trying to keep it from going in like that. I don't think there was a power loss at all.

I wondered if it wasn't a hydraulic failure, but he'd have never gotten it rolled level in time if his hydraulics went out (I think that can only be done via throttle controls at that point, but that's way beyond my knowledge base).

The plane still seemed pretty operable to have suffered a catastrophic failure. He was getting it under control right up until the end.

If it happens 10 seconds later, he might have been able to recover due to the extra altitude he'd have gained.

Sfeihc 04-30-2013 11:09 AM

Hate to see loss of life @ anytime. Especially of those serving our country but this one hits very close to home. Five of the seven were from a local reserve unit. RIP

Groves 04-30-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9645859)
No reaction whatsoever from the filmer.

Looks like a vehicle-mounted camera. That's one stoic dashboard.

Ice in its veins.

Dave Lane 04-30-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9645845)
This looks like last years Chiefs season.

No it was this years draft

Dave Lane 04-30-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9645935)

Maybe a stall but really hard to tell.

Dayze 04-30-2013 11:52 AM

or something the AP went screwy with the VS hold.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-30-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9645952)
It doesn't until right before it loses altitude. It looks like he's on a standard ascent and then just a couple of seconds before he stalls, that nose shoots up. That's why I figured it was a load shift; you do appear to get that nose tipping up (though it's hard to say for certain from the angle).

And you can hear the thing is under full power as it goes into the ground. He's thrown the controls forward there trying to keep it from going in like that. I don't think there was a power loss at all.

I wondered if it wasn't a hydraulic failure, but he'd have never gotten it rolled level in time if his hydraulics went out (I think that can only be done via throttle controls at that point, but that's way beyond my knowledge base).

The plane still seemed pretty operable to have suffered a catastrophic failure. He was getting it under control right up until the end.

If it happens 10 seconds later, he might have been able to recover due to the extra altitude he'd have gained.

you get sound? i didn't have any...

Johnny Vegas 04-30-2013 12:17 PM

Its those damn gremlins I tell you. too bad the plane didn't run outta gas before it reached the ground.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgCyddjG8QI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tooge 04-30-2013 12:20 PM

So they do break apart in mid air.

BlackHelicopters 04-30-2013 01:03 PM

Didn't know Mark Castle was a pilot.

loochy 04-30-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9646136)
So they do break apart in mid air.

nope. it only broke apart once it hit the ground. frankie loses again.