ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sportsfan: The Alex Smith Story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272720)

Baby Lee 05-02-2013 04:42 PM

There really are a ton of ****s masquerading as Chiefs fans these days.

The Chiefs have never in their history had QB play as well in the playoffs as AS did in 2011. Than includes Montana, that includes Lenny. And there's really no need to mention including anyone else.

For a bunch a power-bottoms who insisted that they were tired of plodding along in the regular season when the playoffs are all that count, their gaping hunger for chocolate penis has changed their tune but quick.

PRIEST 05-02-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9653196)
OMG HE HAD ONE GOOD SEASON IN HIS NFL CAREER LET'S ALL CRY TEARS OF JOY OVER THIS EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT

This

philfree 05-02-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRIEST (Post 9653387)
This

Well he did back it up with better play the following year and then he was injured a benched for Kaepernick. His last 31 starts his QB rating was over 97. :shrug:

Sorter 05-02-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9653379)
There really are a ton of ****s masquerading as Chiefs fans these days.

The Chiefs have never in their history had QB play as well in the playoffs as AS did in 2011. Than includes Montana, that includes Lenny. And there's really no need to mention including anyone else.

For a bunch a power-bottoms who insisted that they were tired of plodding along in the regular season when the playoffs are all that count, their gaping hunger for chocolate penis has changed their tune but quick.

Are you including the Giants game, or is this just a 1 game perspective?

Sorter 05-02-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9653402)
Well he did back it up with better play the following year and then he was injured a benched for Kaepernick. His last 31 starts his QB rating was over 97. :shrug:

True.

I wonder how well he's going to do in an offensive system that still utilizes SAs, considering Harbaugh removed them for him.

Hammock Parties 05-02-2013 05:07 PM

I wish that ****ing Saints game had never happened.

It gets cited every time some nimrod is asked to prove that Alex Smith is a good QB...completely ignoring the fact that he basically NEVER plays like that on a given Sunday.

You might as well cite Casshole's 4 TD game against Seattle as proof that he's a BAMF.

Morons.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-02-2013 05:07 PM

Good thing for Alex he never does anything worth jumping into the stands for. I think he would have his ass oraly raped.

LiveSteam 05-02-2013 05:11 PM

**** that story. I'm only interested in a Alex story that ends with a few of these

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...y_Day_2009.JPG

philfree 05-02-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9653410)
True.

I wonder how well he's going to do in an offensive system that still utilizes SAs, considering Harbaugh removed them for him.

Sight Adjustments? I have confidence in Reid & CO. to get the best out of Alex Smith.

I'm taking what positives I can find and I'm going into this season rooting for the Chiefs. I'm rooting for Alex Smith too. He sucked but he never quit and then he started playing well. Then Harbaugh jerked the rug out from under him. Call me a sucker :shrug:

Sorter 05-02-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9653452)
Sight Adjustments? I have confidence in Reid & CO. to get the best out of Alex Smith.

I'm taking what positives I can find and I'm going into this season rooting for the Chiefs. I'm rooting for Alex Smith too. He sucked but he never quit and then he started playing well. Then Harbaugh jerked the rug out from under him. Call me a sucker :shrug:

Yes.

As to the second part, I have no problem with Alex as a stop-gap or someone to groom a QB behind. I'd have liked Alex + Geno/Barkley/Nassib/Wilson/etc. Same applies to next year. It'd be fun if he did well here but I'm not banking on it. I think that the people anticipating 11-5 to 13-3 seasons or deep playoff runs with Alex Smith are in for a surprise.

Additionally, the compensation given up was ridiculous unless Alex turns into a long-term starter or serves as an integral teaching/mentoring component to our QBOTF.

philfree 05-02-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9653463)
Yes.

As to the second part, I have no problem with Alex as a stop-gap or someone to groom a QB behind. I'd have liked Alex + Geno/Barkley/Nassib/Wilson/etc. Same applies to next year. It'd be fun if he did well here but I'm not banking on it. I think that the people anticipating 11-5 to 13-3 seasons or deep playoff runs with Alex Smith are in for a surprise.

Additionally, the compensation given up was ridiculous unless Alex turns into a long-term starter or serves as an integral teaching/mentoring component to our QBOTF.

I don't really go into it with a win/loss number in mind I pretty much take it one game at a time. When it get's here 1-0 would be great. And I think a 2nd round pick for a starting QB isn't so ridiculous. That's just me though. It's a starting QB.

jd1020 05-02-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9653480)
I don't really go into it with a win/loss number in mind I pretty much take it one game at a time. When it get's here 1-0 would be great. And I think a 2nd round pick for a starting QB isn't so ridiculous. That's just me though. It's a starting QB.

What about when that starting QB is really just a backup being sold as a starting QB?

ayleswbj 05-02-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9653409)
Are you including the Giants game, or is this just a 1 game perspective?

I was at that game, worst weather I have ever attended a game in. He actually didnt play bad at all. As a matter of fact when the time came he made huge plays in a very close game. 73 yrd bomb to VD, as well as 40. Also a few big runs. He actually had the game sealed up. Obviously we know what happend later, but dont dissmiss him. Dont forget it took Eli 58 pass att to reach 300yrds. He was just around 52%. It was a great great football game. Im not sure how Alex is gonna look, after all we were 2-14 last season. I do believe we have the talent to be better than that, but hey talent only takes ya so far.

KCDC 05-02-2013 06:31 PM

The Alex Smith Story for Dummies

Played well in college
Was drafted 1.1
Was major disappointment during his entire rookie contract
Benched periodically for the likes of Shaun King, David Carr and other QBs lost to the sands of time
Not mobile
Not accurate passer over 10 yards
Prefers to take sacks than throw the ball away
When surrounded by Super Bowl champion talent, his game improved
Became free agent and no one wanted him. Even his old team went after Manning instead; but, signed him again when there was no other choice.
Lost his starting job again to a guy who excels in a college scheme offense. Never got it back.
One or two teams interested in him as a stop gap measure.
Chiefs over paid for him, thinking they were getting Drew Brees instead.
Andy Reid loves him and will commit to him because Alex is a nice man.
Alex is a nice man. Good next door neighbor.
Alex is not a franchise QB, but can pretend to be one.

ayleswbj 05-02-2013 06:57 PM

Dude half your post is sh*t. you obviously dont follow football, only the Chiefs maybe.Firstly when did shaun King play for the Niners? Alex was always known as a mobile athletic QB. He never ever threw the ball in Highschool, he was a running QB. Which is why Urban Meyer recruited him, along with his intelligence and Athleticism. He was extremely mobile at Utah. He is extremely accurate over 10 yards, just doesnt throw deep all that often, when he does hes as good as anyone in the league. No one wanted him? No one knows this, the Chiefs scooped him up in a heart beat. You really believe Reid committed to him because he is nice? Terrible terrible post. Kaepernick excels in a college scheme? really, he was playing in the Super Bowl. Remember one of those? The Niners added a wrinkle. Their offense is far from the pistol. They run nuance's of the offense, but it will always be Harbaugh's Stanford offense. Yes they over Paid. You need to go and watch the tape of his last 25 games played. I truly think you will have a different impression of what you see. As a matter of fact, Harbaugh watch every single throw Alex made in highschool, college and pros, which is why he decided he could win with him. Maybe Reid sees the same. Yes sometimes a player like Kap comes along. Harbaugh thinks he is a once in a generation QB. He is just more gifted than Alex. Hands down.