ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top Ten Reasons To Be Really Excited For 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273082)

Rasputin 05-15-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9684255)
:popcorn:

I am excited but they will have to show me.

I'm at this. Prove it to me or GTFO. I can see that this team can be good but it's going come down to if we can win in the playoffs for me to get excited and have trust. Can Alex Smith stay on the field and be an effective passer? That is the big question yet to be seen.

DMAC 05-15-2013 10:37 AM

http://www.kdbuzz.com/images/cinegif/gif5.gif

beach tribe 05-15-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9684246)

ROFL

Halfcan 05-15-2013 10:39 AM

Yep there is a lot to get excited about- we have a very solid team with great coaching. It is going to be a great year.

New World Order 05-15-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9684263)
Yeah, but he has three 300 yard games over his entire career.

ROFL

gblowfish 05-15-2013 10:46 AM

Top Ten lists.... they've been done!

Chris Meck 05-15-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9684253)
Why would you be excited about a qb who puts up 185 yards a game? Haven't we seen that already? For god's sake the guy has one 300 yard game the past 2 seasons.

I'll guaran-god-damn-tee you this:
If Alex Smith puts up 185 yards per game in Andy Reid's offense, he'll be on the bench by midseason.

This is NOT the same thing as Pioli and Cassel. Reid has, historically, benched anyone who was not producing very, very quickly.

Thig Lyfe 05-15-2013 11:01 AM

Real top ten reasons to be excited:

1. Alex Smith might realize he sucks and quit

2. Andy Reid might burp up a coach who doesn't think Alex Smith is a good QB

3. Eric Fisher might sit on Branden Albert's shoulders to form the tallest LT in the NFL

4. Might not lose defensive starters to murder-suicides this year

5. Will be fun to watch transition to a roster of 52 TEs and FBs

6. Andy Reid ate the bones

7. Only have to watch 16 games

8. Dontari Poe will look great in KC Wolf costume

9. Jamaal Charles only has two ACLs; much lower risk of tearing one than if he had 50 or 60 ACLs

10. Maybe we'll bring in Tyler Thigpen to run the pistol!!!!!

ptlyon 05-15-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9684307)
I'll guaran-god-damn-tee you this:
If Alex Smith puts up 185 yards per game in Andy Reid's offense, he'll be on the bench by midseason.

This is NOT the same thing as ***** and Cassel. Reid has, historically, benched anyone who was not producing very, very quickly.

And admit he was wrong? And who would be taking his place?

Highly doubt it.

Chris Meck 05-15-2013 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=Direckshun;9684233]I can't wait until the season. I am super excited for the new Chiefs. Here's why.

1. Alex Smith. Will he be Trent Green or Steve Bono? I'm going to trust Reid's touch with QB's until I see otherwise.

2. Coaching staff. Holy smokes, this is quite a staff. I mean there's a lot of proven talent here. I'm particularly pleased by Childress's presence, as I think it's like having an extra OC/QB coach to the already extra OC/QB coach that Reid represents. Tyler Bray walked into the BEST situation he possibly could have. I'm loving the offensive braintrust fer sure.

3. Offensive line. Should be a real strength. I'm still not certain they won't move Albert soon. There are some teams that REALLY don't have a guy yet, and we kind of have 3 starting caliber OT's at this point.

4. Improved defense. Simply being aggressive should result in a lot better play. You're right though, this secondary is DEEP now, and they've added known NFL caliber bodies at each level.

5. Legit talent at TE. Kelce and Moeaki on the field at the same time? Dude. If Moeaki can play....

6. We are better insulated against injuries. One of the most important tasks in front of a GM. This was the biggest Pioli failure after QB.

7. Easy schedule. I've said 10-6, but I really think it could be better. It's hard to underestimate just how brutally bad the coaching and QB play was last year.

8. Dontari Poe. He flashed at times as a rookie. He should be better this year.

9. Jamaal Charles.He should put up HUGE numbers in a Reid offense.

10. Nico Johnson. I like this guy too. Johnson & Johnson has a nice ring to it.

Chief Roundup 05-15-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9684315)

1. Alex Smith might realize he sucks and quit.

And Thigpen isn't good enough to hold Alex's jock.

Chris Meck 05-15-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9684315)
Real top ten reasons to be excited:

1. Alex Smith might realize he sucks and quit

2. Andy Reid might burp up a coach who doesn't think Alex Smith is a good QB

3. Eric Fisher might sit on Branden Albert's shoulders to form the tallest LT in the NFL

4. Might not lose defensive starters to murder-suicides this year

5. Will be fun to watch transition to a roster of 52 TEs and FBs

6. Andy Reid ate the bones

7. Only have to watch 16 games

8. Dontari Poe will look great in KC Wolf costume

9. Jamaal Charles only has two ACLs; much lower risk of tearing one than if he had 50 or 60 ACLs

10. Maybe we'll bring in Tyler Thigpen to run the pistol!!!!!

and....ignore. Sigh of contentment...moving on.

jAZ 05-15-2013 11:23 AM

Good thread. Now that the draft is over, it seems that the Geno Smith infection will start to clear up and perhaps people will go back to a slightly less hostile approach to this new team.

crazycoffey 05-15-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9684246)

Awesome

Chris Meck 05-15-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9684326)
And admit he was wrong? And who would be taking his place?

Highly doubt it.

He's done it every single time. Why would you think not? He benched Pedersen for a rookie McNabb that nobody else thought was ready. He benched McNabb for Kolb. He benched Kolb for Vick. There were injuries involved as well, but he benched Vick for Foles.

None of the guys waiting in the wings were thought to be any great shakes until their number came up but Reid didn't hesitate.

You can try to pretend that we've hired another spineless hack, but that's not what the resume says.