ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Kansas City Royals @ Houston Astros 5/22 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273261)

Bowser 05-22-2013 12:15 PM

Is there any chance we can manage 4 runs of support for Shields tonight? I mean, any at all?

rageeumr 05-22-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9699910)
Shields is going to throw 8 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, 0 runs.

And get a no-decision.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-22-2013 12:19 PM

Nuke that stadium from orbit on the way out

stonedstooge 05-22-2013 12:19 PM

Gonna score big tonight. I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

mr. tegu 05-22-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9699976)
Heard last night it was just a bruise (or "contusion" if you want to use stupid trainer-speak). He probably COULD have played if really needed.

I thought last night on the broadcast at the end that they said Salvy would be playing tonight. Lineups aren't out yet though so we shall see.

Demonpenz 05-22-2013 12:28 PM

Salvy hurt his vagina.

KCUnited 05-22-2013 12:33 PM

Hopefully there will be a higher attendance tonight to help amp our guys up.

mr. tegu 05-22-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9700281)
Hopefully there will be a higher attendance tonight to help amp our guys up.

I love watching the away games with no one in the stands. You can hear the hecklers really well. Alex had one last night. Allllleeeeeeexxxxxxxxx. Allllleeeeeeeeexxxxxxxx. Gordon got a hit though. :)

KCUnited 05-22-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9700319)
I love watching the away games with no one in the stands. You can hear the hecklers really well. Alex had one last night. Allllleeeeeeexxxxxxxxx. Allllleeeeeeeeexxxxxxxx. Gordon got a hit though. :)

It was pretty amazing last night, at one point there were just 2 guys sitting behind home plate. I can't recall ever seeing just 2 guys sans freaky weather.

houstonwhodat 05-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9700319)

Minute Maid Park (i.e. the Juice Box) is an awesome stadium.

Retractable roof, etc.

Problem is Jim Crane just bought the Astros and is a cheap son of a bitch.

There are probably bigger payrolls in the minors.

Since the product is shit no one wants to go and the ushers are being assholes.

They won't let anyone move around even though the ****ing place is empty.

So everyone said a big **** you to the Astros and is spending their money elsewhere.

Old Dog 05-22-2013 02:11 PM

Huge line tonight
-210 on the money line....-130 if you're willing to go -1.5 runs

I'm staying with the money line
$48 to win $23

ChiefsCountry 05-22-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9700332)
Problem is Jim Crane just bought the Astros and is a cheap son of a bitch.

They are rebuilding the team the right way through the draft. With the guy they got from the Cardinals and Reid Ryan, the Astros will be back.

duncan_idaho 05-22-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9700553)
They are rebuilding the team the right way through the draft. With the guy they got from the Cardinals and Reid Ryan, the Astros will be back.

This. Luhnow also gets that it isn't a bad thing to have the worst record in baseball compared to the second- third- or fourth-worst, etc.

That team had little talent on the MLB roster and almost none in the minors when Luhnow got their. He has done impressive work with their farm system (That would be even more impressive if they'd stuck with Buxton over Carlos Correa last draft).

ChiefsCountry 05-22-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9700584)
This. Luhnow also gets that it isn't a bad thing to have the worst record in baseball compared to the second- third- or fourth-worst, etc.

That team had little talent on the MLB roster and almost none in the minors when Luhnow got their. He has done impressive work with their farm system (That would be even more impressive if they'd stuck with Buxton over Carlos Correa last draft).

They are also buying up their minor league clubs and being owners of them as well. Just bought their AA team and now they are looking to buy a Triple A team for either The Woodlands or San Antonio. You can tell Crane was a Cardinal fan, he is trying to duplicate that down in Houston.

Mama Hip Rockets 05-22-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9700332)
Minute Maid Park (i.e. the Juice Box) is an awesome stadium. the worst stadium in all of sports.

fixed your post