ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life James Gandolfini dead in Italy, HBO confirming. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273957)

DJ's left nut 06-19-2013 05:47 PM

Good actor, but the man was independently wealthy and simply would not take care of himself. You ever listen to the guy in interviews? He just wheezed constantly.

If you have money and don't have a 9-5 job, what's your excuse for not eating well and exercising, or at least getting some help from a trainer or nutritionist?

I've just never understood how someone can work that hard and beat the odds to become so successful...and then do nothing to ensure he actually stays alive to enjoy said success.

BigRedChief 06-19-2013 05:47 PM

People will always remember him, especially guys. Tony Soprano is up there with Vito Corleone in fictional gangster lore.

CrazyPhuD 06-19-2013 05:49 PM

Clearly the mob did not like how he portrayed Italians.

BigBeauford 06-19-2013 05:51 PM

He stuck around just long enough to see his protege Aaron Hernandez fill his shoes.

Simply Red 06-19-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9763289)
Good actor, but the man was independently wealthy and simply would not take care of himself. You ever listen to the guy in interviews? He just wheezed constantly.

If you have money and don't have a 9-5 job, what's your excuse for not eating well and exercising, or at least getting some help from a trainer or nutritionist?

I've just never understood how someone can work that hard and beat the odds to become so successful...and then do nothing to ensure he actually stays alive to enjoy said success.

QFT

houstonwhodat 06-19-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

He might have been a little heavy but shit the man wasn't obese or anything.

His body was the same as in the Sopranos.

RIP Tony.

Tonight's Soprano's episode on HBO will have a different meaning.

Dylan 06-19-2013 05:57 PM

Rest In Paradise, James. Tony Soprano will live forever.

COchief 06-19-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

I loved the actor and his main series.

However, he committed suicide in my eyes. Completely agree with you and it's said that he will miss out on 20-30 years of his families lives and memories all because he couldn't order a salad once in a while and get his ass on the treadmill.

Sorry if harsh or offensive, sore subject for me as some members of my family are choosing the same path with likely the same result.

JD10367 06-19-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9763294)
Clearly the mob did not like how he portrayed Italians.

When "Goodfellas" came out, I called my dad to see how he liked it. Being Italian I thought he'd like it. He said, "I didn't like it." I thought, "Oh, he must've been upset by the amount of violence." I asked him, and he said, "They were eating all the time. We don't eat that much." :spock:

J Diddy 06-19-2013 06:00 PM

****ing Paula Dean did it.

Or maybe it was Jimmy Dean.

BigBeauford 06-19-2013 06:01 PM

His performance in "The Last Castle" helped make it one of my favorite movies of the time.

Kidd Lex 06-19-2013 06:02 PM

Damn that sucks. Sad to see Tony err James pass on so young.

In58men 06-19-2013 06:04 PM

They die in 3's

Who's next?

Buck 06-19-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9763312)
He might have been a little heavy but shit the man wasn't obese or anything.

His body was the same as in the Sopranos.

RIP Tony.

Tonight's Soprano's episode on HBO will have a different meaning.

I don't think you know what obese is.

stonedstooge 06-19-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9763333)
****ing Paula Dean did it.

Or maybe it was Jimmy Dean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KnnHprUGKF0