ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Charles interview on Grantland (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274407)

Simply Red 07-09-2013 06:53 PM

I like this guy a whole lot - and honestly - I know nothing of his life, really.

Seems to have a heart of gold.

Bewbies 07-09-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9801732)
Mildly compliment. LMAO

Damn you autocorrect!

milkman 07-10-2013 08:56 AM

Me: "Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager."

Homer: "No he isn't. He's a mildly competent game manager, damn it!"

lcarus 07-10-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9802828)
Me: "Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager."

Homer: "No he isn't. He's a mildly competent game manager, damn it!"

I'm holding out hope that he can be a mildly competent game manager. That's about as optimistic as I get...

milkman 07-10-2013 09:16 AM

Interesting stat I wasn't aware.

In every game that Charles has 20 or more carries, he has run for 100 yards or more.

BlackHelicopters 07-10-2013 09:17 AM

Mildly competent. Print ' em.

mdchiefsfan 07-10-2013 09:43 AM

Did he really say that after he broke a 50 yard run he would only have to run for another 25 yards to get 100 yards?

mdchiefsfan 07-10-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9801897)
I like this guy a whole lot - and honestly - I know nothing of his life, really.

Seems to have a heart of gold.

Start a thread for the e-jerk? :)

aturnis 07-10-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9802893)
Did he really say that after he broke a 50 yard run he would only have to run for another 25 yards to get 100 yards?

Yes, but I assume in his situation, he hasn't carried the ball only once in the game.

the Talking Can 07-10-2013 10:06 AM

more chiefs stuff on grantland:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-make-playoffs

Quote:

3. Kansas City Chiefs

Arguments in favor: Massive upgrades at quarterback and coach, unusual level of core talent for subpar team, massive turnover differential, fumble recovery rate, friendly schedule

Arguments against: Limited upside of quarterback, astoundingly low level of performance last year

The Chiefs were outscored by better than 13 points per game last season, which was the 14th-largest margin in the NFL over the past 25 years. They were a 2-14 team that wasn't particularly unlucky to go 2-14 despite having six Pro Bowlers on their roster. What sort of promise can 2013 possibly hold?

Competence. That's what Alex Smith and Andy Reid can provide, even if greatness proves to be beyond their grasp. Ron Jaworski just placed Smith at 20th in his quarterback rankings. Twentieth doesn't sound all that great. But think about Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn for a moment. He's replacing a pair of quarterbacks who couldn't be trusted with throwing the ball in any but the most desperate moments last season. Upgrading from, say, the 45th-best quarterback in football to the 20th? That's the move the Colts pulled off last year when they traded in Curtis Painter for Andrew Luck.5 When your quarterback play is that dismal, even improving to league-average can be an enormous, multi-win upgrade.

And the numbers favor a Chiefs revival, too. Kansas City's turnover differential last year was a grotesque minus-24, which tied them for a spot in the cellar. That offense is extremely unlikely to throw 20 interceptions again with Smith at the helm, and the defense is likely to recover more than five fumbles this time around. The Chiefs recovered only one out of every three fumbles that hit the ground during their games, the third-lowest rate in the league. They also get to play the AFC South, the NFC East, the Bills, and the Browns, which is arguably the easiest schedule in the league. Believe in the Chiefs!

Discuss Thrower 07-10-2013 10:12 AM

Welp... the defense kept KC in the game against the eventual World Champions...

BlackHelicopters 07-10-2013 10:17 AM

Everyone seems to be forgetting about DMC. Dude is a stud.

ChiefAshhole20 07-10-2013 10:52 AM

DMC is going to be one of the more important pieces on this offense. His ability to get open in small spaces and quickness is perfect for Reid's offense and Smith's style. He isn't going to give you a deep threat, but those quick passing plays where you need 5-8 yards play right into Mcclusters strengths.

the Talking Can 07-10-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9802955)

at what?

loochy 07-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9802955)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6...URE-IF-SRS.jpg