ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I won my secret internal battle. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274420)

Rasputin 07-10-2013 11:27 AM

Good job admitting you have a problem. :thumb:

It's only the beginning, things will turn out great but remember take it one day at a time and don't skip to 6 months. Time will be on your side if you keep true to yourself.

Dayze 07-10-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9803092)
If I could have a cigarette once in a while and a drink on special occasions I would. Unfortunately, I can't. It's the cookouts, football and nice dinners and drinks with friends that I'll miss. Funny this is, I will still have cookouts, football and nice dinners with friends. Just no booze.

same here. Though I did go to a memorial day cookout without bringing any booze or consuming any. It's tough for sure.

bogey 07-10-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9803087)
my problem is binge drinking when I do drink.
can't just have 1 or 2.

I'm going to work on that next.

Me too. All day binge drinking. I'm lucky I still have a job. I'm quite sure people could smell it on me. Lots of gum and altoids. Wow! Keeping the secret wore me the f out.

bogey 07-10-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9803073)
Coming out of the closet is a big deal man. Congrats!

Just kidding. Good job and good luck.

I think it's very important to come out of the closet. I know longer want to have the private internal battles. Now I have friends to cheer me on and route for me. Feel goooood to be out of the closet.

BlackHelicopters 07-10-2013 11:33 AM

Best wishes!

Dayze 07-10-2013 11:34 AM

subscribe to this thread and post when/if you get the urge for a drink. might help?

bogey 07-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9803088)
Damn man. Not wanting to be Debbie Downer, but you haven't won yet. Sounds like it'll be a tough row to hoe to really kick the alcohol. Good on you for fessing up to the wife though. That should help. Best wishes to you.

Today... I'm a winner! Right now I can say with all sincerity that I will never drink again, and it make me giddy :clap: Tomorrow I will congratulate myself on what I did yesterday and so on, and so on.

aturnis 07-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9803087)
my problem is binge drinking when I do drink.
can't just have 1 or 2.

I'm going to work on that next.

Same here, but for different reasons.

If I only have 1 or 2, I typically end up with a terrible headache within the hour. So for me, Binge drinking is the only way to go, which is fine, b/c I drink much much less than I used to, like 8 times a year since I had my son who is 2.5.

bogey 07-10-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9803093)
Good job admitting you have a problem. :thumb:

It's only the beginning, things will turn out great but remember take it one day at a time and don't skip to 6 months. Time will be on your side if you keep true to yourself.

Thank you so much!

listopencil 07-10-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9803119)
Today... I'm a winner! Right now I can say with all sincerity that I will never drink again, and it make me giddy :clap: Tomorrow I will congratulate myself on what I did yesterday and so on, and so on.

Keep it up, bud. You're right. You are a winner.

bogey 07-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9803115)
subscribe to this thread and post when/if you get the urge for a drink. might help?

Absolutely and I appreciate your interest.

Dayze 07-10-2013 11:39 AM

shit I might need to post in here too lol.

I did do a stint of about 4 months sober. One thing that did help me a little was volunteering to be the DD when going out. Sort of gave me incentive not to, and felt good knowing everyone was going to get home safe if they needed it.

sounds like you've got all the motivation you need.

lcarus 07-10-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9803092)
If I could have a cigarette once in a while and a drink on special occasions I would. Unfortunately, I can't. It's the cookouts, football and nice dinners and drinks with friends that I'll miss. Funny this is, I will still have cookouts, football and nice dinners with friends. Just no booze.

I know how that is. That's why it's so hard for me to quit smoking. My brain always tricks me into thinking "Just have one! It'll be ok if you just have one!" but if you have one, it turns into two, then you buy a pack thinking you can keep it around to smoke a cig every once in a while. Then you suck down the whole pack and are back to square one. It sucks.

Predarat 07-10-2013 11:40 AM

Just wait until the season starts.

Halfcan 07-10-2013 11:41 AM

Great job. It is nice to see someone stepping up, admitting they have a problem and working to overcome it. Most just blame others for why they are messed up and never do get things straightened out.

Best of luck to you!!